Post Your Recent Purchases!

embergabor

New Challenger
PS1 for audio CD is pointless since you can have digital output from for example a ps3 and stream the digital audio directly to an av receiver, eliminating the dac in the console. A dedicated av receiver is probably better suited for DAC purposes. Still, I use Audio CDs as a form of test.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Finally upgraded my bench. Support / comfort is incredible. Well worth the cost - there's no reason for this to not last me the rest of my life.

Spoiler:
enhance

enhance

Very nice, look's like it can take a pounding mjmjr25, a frame like that will see you good for shrugs, dead lifts and squats as well.
Can you lower or raise the bench for incline/decline press ???, my PB for flat press is 100kgs ATM not bad for a 51 year old, i was a lot stronger when i was younger though.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Very nice, look's like it can take a pounding mjmjr25, a frame like that will see you good for shrugs, dead lifts and squats as well.
Can you lower or raise the bench for incline/decline press ???, my PB for flat press is 100kgs ATM not bad for a 51 year old, i was a lot stronger when i was younger though.

No incline/decline. The one w/incline/decline from Rogue was $800 and I just couldn't justify that. I looked at others, but all had one or more flaws. Spotty welds, etc I'm going to use it with my boys and want no risk of accident. Not worth being nervous everytime you put the weight up. This flat bench is rated to 1,000lbs and I suspect it could handle well over if it needed to. An absolute tank - 3x3 steel body. The cage is the Titan T3 and also supports 1,000lbs and has quite a few add ons I just don't have yet, but will slowly add over time.

Like many of us I lifted a lot in high school and just after...then went about 12 years w/o touching a weight. Now my boys are at ages where they're wanting to put on muscle for sports and overall confidence - so it's a good time to upgrade the stuff I have.

embergabor

New Challenger
Bought 4 PS1 fat consoles. They were listed untested so I have no idea what to expect. One has a sticky eject button and one has some chips on the shell, that's all I know so far. SCPH-9002, 2x SCPH-7502 and SPCH-5502. I will test them after work.

Just a follow-up. One SCPH-7502 is unmodified and works perfectly, the other 7502 has a modchip and it too works perfectly, the 9002 has a modchip but the optical drive is iffy, I have a replacement so it is a 5 minute job. The oldest model, the 5502 cannot spin up the discs, it starts to spin up and stop after 1 second, looks like the laser doesn't even detect the disc. I will test it with a different drive but sadly I don't have a KSM-440ADM at home so it will have to wait for a replacement. Considering that I bought these for about $27+shipping I thought these would be in worse shape. They all need a massive cleaning and some whitening.

Last edited:

embergabor

New Challenger
Neat looking supergun, packed full of features. I was always curious what PSU people used with these? Full atx power supplies or pico-psu is enough?

embergabor

New Challenger
I'm on a roll here. Got a Pal SNES with some football game. I don't have any other carts yet. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are on the way so is a Super Everdrive v2. I got a scart cable for the console but sadly it only has composite video wired, there are no RGB pins. I still need to get an RGB scart as well.
IMG_0414k.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Gentlemen, behold my latest and greatest scoop of 2018:

jse7lzK.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Not something you see (or hear about) every day. Happy for you, mads.

I remember seeing them BITD from maybe lik sang or play asia, the supply is pretty dead now, but it's cool to have. Seems like the system hacking has made some progress. Composite only out of the box, but can be s-video modded. Should be fun to tinker with.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm on a roll here. Got a Pal SNES with some football game. I don't have any other carts yet. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are on the way so is a Super Everdrive v2. I got a scart cable for the console but sadly it only has composite video wired, there are no RGB pins. I still need to get an RGB scart as well.
View attachment 51538

ISS deluxe by the looks of it. I never played the deluxe version but loved the orginal. Early commentating that often made no sense ("that's an early bath" in the middle of nothing happening), dodgy edge of the centre circle goal that went under the keeper every time and blatant famous player rip offs with spurious nearly-them names, this game had it all.

The scenarios mode was excellent too.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
don't have any issues with it?

I was looking at those, reviews are not bad?

Whats the problem with them?

-Support for it sucks if you have any problems

-RGB video doesn't have a buffer (aka an amp) which is both bad for your output device and video amp of your arcade board long term. Remember those chinamanese cmvs from aliexpress? Same problem. Slapping resistors and caps on the rgb lines of a scart cable and having rgb pots is not how you attenutate TTL shit.

-Made by the French

I guess if all you do is plug in a mvs 1 slot not much to lose. Anything else is asking for trouble, especially with how expensive some boards are. Don't take my word for it though. Just ask Xian Xi and others if this is good practice. You will also find some posts on shmups and arcade projects about the QUALITY of it as well if you don't believe me.

There is a reason properly made superguns like the HAS, JNX, Windy, and the upcoming Sentinel have proper amps for video and attenuation for sound.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
View attachment 51538

That Some Football game you know nothing about is International Super Star Soccer. Outside of SSK it's the best football game of that Gen. Shit, some might even say it's better than SSK.

Try finding a U.S version in great shape is damn near impossible. Most come like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNES-Super...484913?hash=item26001a5cb1:g:wTYAAOSwMVFXIVS6

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Guess what I'm going to watch this weekend!

DRAGONBALL.jpg