Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

You probably had the day off too...

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Picked up a Sony PVM-2030 from my local classifieds to use for light gun games and PCB troubleshooting on the bench. I forgot how much these behemoths weigh-backbreaking!

56F044DD-8037-486E-B3DD-1EE3D87C3947.jpeg6C19A595-3AD6-4637-9500-AE6D43B8DF7F.jpeg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Not only do I love playing those games but looking at the art on those big boxes always puts a smile on my face. You got Cody just standing there like a badass in the middle of all that Rukus.

I was digging through my closet yesterday looking for stuff to sell and found another boxed final fight.

Last edited:

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Picked up a Sony PVM-2030 from my local classifieds to use for light gun games and PCB troubleshooting on the bench. I forgot how much these behemoths weigh-backbreaking!

Brilliant color on this display.

I like CRTs and scanlines and such. (Tried an IPS flat panel recently, not expecting a big difference, yet it just wasn't even close to being as good for PCB play.) But I could do without the weight. Feels almost unsafe to even tilt them over for TATE play. *thud*

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Picked these up today. Been looking to get these for at least 8 years, got them for a good price too! So much good gaming in these. It's crazy what these sell for now. Only a couple more to get and my Genesis collection will be complete!

JsibCUv.jpg

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Isn't Road Avenger an FMV game? Why does it get a free pass in the face of universal FMV game hate?

These may have limited replay value, but the games like Cobra Command and Road Avenger were arcade games from the early 80's that were animated by hand and have a certain flow to their gameplay that is arguably more immersive than some of the 90's era FMV that was so notorious, even in its own time, giving the field a bad name.

The better early era FMV arcade games are not quite the same thing as the 90's filmed-over-a-weekend cash grabs by small studios being made right when home consoles were starting to turn to optical media.

Of course this is all subjective though. I think these are a bit different from the worst of the worst later examples, but it's still FMV, and not everyone's cup of tea.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Isn't Road Avenger an FMV game? Why does it get a free pass in the face of universal FMV game hate?

I feel a little different about FMV's when they are animated instead of the Real Life People one's. Space Ace, Road Avenger, Dragons Lair get a pass in my book.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Sometimes I play this game just to listen to the intro music.

Don't we all razo, it's a classic, so bad it's good.
Not a fan of fmv games, there were a fair few stinkers back in the day, but road avenger was the best of a bad bunch, the mega cd version is the best i've played.