Post Your Recent Purchases!

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I feel a little different about FMV's when they are animated instead of the Real Life People one's. Space Ace, Road Avenger, Dragons Lair get a pass in my book.

Agreed. I have a soft spot for Time Gal, even if it’s not the best game in the world. Same goes for Cadillacs & Dinosaurs on the Sega CD.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Agreed. I have a soft spot for Time Gal, even if it’s not the best game in the world. Same goes for Cadillacs & Dinosaurs on the Sega CD.

Yea, I never played those games but I heard they are pretty good. I'm going to check out Time Gal one of these days.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Picked these up today. Been looking to get these for at least 8 years, got them for a good price too! So much good gaming in these. It's crazy what these sell for now. Only a couple more to get and my Genesis collection will be complete!

View attachment 48432

Hey cool, does that PGA Golf have the color label (red and blue) or just blue?

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Bunch of stuff I brought back from the east coast.

vR8fkFl.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ya'll fools gonna bow to my baller skills. I straight stole this game from a dude. Got that rare.

dac8d87fa3fabea930395fcf530f189e.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
My friend has this. It's really neat and feels quality.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I got my first Sony Trinitron a few minutes ago! 32" w/the Sony branded stand (which was a nice bonus)...just threw on Mega Man X3...damn, I didn't realize just how much of a difference it would make to go old school.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
I got my first Sony Trinitron a few minutes ago! 32" w/the Sony branded stand (which was a nice bonus)...just threw on Mega Man X3...damn, I didn't realize just how much of a difference it would make to go old school.
Awesome! Like those games were designed to look good on a CRT or something...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He's got FOTNS playing on the candy as well. That's extra bonus points.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Awesome! Like those games were designed to look good on a CRT or something...

I get the sarcasm, but seriously, my family never had an even remotely decent tv when I was growing up or in my late teens and any money I made went to helping the household. When I bought my LCD 7 years ago, it was with modern machines in mind, so while this is old news to pretty much everyone, it's new to me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I get the sarcasm, but seriously, my family never had an even remotely decent tv when I was growing up or in my late teens and any money I made went to helping the household. When I bought my LCD 7 years ago, it was with modern machines in mind, so while this is old news to pretty much everyone, it's new to me.

Oh dude, yea, even having any CRT is like mind blowing. The games were really designed with the CRT tech in mind. That's a solid ass tv too.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member

Have had a CRT monitor for retro games for a while, but was still stunned all over again recently when noting the difference during an A / B comparison with a flat screen. Beyond the games' use of strategic fuzziness between pixels, everything just feels less flat and more vibrant on CRT somehow. Hard to explain to the uninitiated without showing it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yep. I was testing a board with my supergun and for whatever reason, I dragged everything over to my 1080p screen. I was appalled at how bad the picture quality was compared to my CRT.

My parents had a Trinitron for years, but eventually any solid red stuff would make the screen go nuts and games started to look really fuzzy for some reason.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet

I realized that sounded like sarcasm...wasn't meant to be, just making a bit of a joke.
I love the fact you can get top of the line CRTs on Craigslist for free nowadays.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
PBI.JPG

If you're using eBay's international shipping program (Pitney Bowes / PBI), do yourself a favour and take pictures of your packaging. PBI removed the packaging that the seller sent my cart in and used an unpadded envelope instead. Just a heads up. I'll be able to transfer the label onto a spare case, so not much was lost.

If you do have to send out something through PBI yourself, then it's best to wrap it in bubble wrap and use a box that is big enough to offer a decent amount of protection but at the same time isn't too big and heavy. That way repacking your items may not be worth their time.

xterc

n00b
gscartsw to ease the cable swapping
gscart.jpg

Transplanted my breadbin C64 into a Kickstarter C64C case (the original case had become brittle and was falling apart)
c64.jpg