Post Your Recent Purchases!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Do you guys have something better to do than concern yourselves with what decade the things i buy are from?

Old farts trying to keep me away from their precious hobby. I cant wait till you cunts die of old age and your shit is inherited by someone who doesnt give a fuck about it.

Well I can’t speak for the rest of the old farts, but I for one would like to see more young people enjoy these old games. Better that then the mindcraft/fortnite/LoL/CoD garbage these youngins are eating up now. Or a generation of slack-ass pussies who all want to be YouTube/twitch “celebrities”.

My collection will be either sold off to fund my coke and whores funeral party for all my friends, or that shit is being buried with me. Maybe I’ll leave some items to my kids, only if they do give a fuck.

Regardless, if you act like sharkbait, the sharks will circle. Aka act like a bitch and you’ll be treated like one. This thread is for sharing our purchases, and talking about it...that includes pricing. If you get your panties all in a bunch from someone who comments on the price (pro-tip, you don’t need to divulge what you paid), then go on attack against 98% of the demographic here, you’re just asking to be treated like a bitch.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Regardless, if you act like sharkbait, the sharks will circle. Aka act like a bitch and you’ll be treated like one. This thread is for sharing our purchases, and talking about it...that includes pricing. If you get your panties all in a bunch from someone who comments on the price (pro-tip, you don’t need to divulge what you paid), then go on attack against 98% of the demographic here, you’re just asking to be treated like a bitch.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cant wait till you cunts die of old age and your shit is inherited by someone who doesnt give a fuck about it.

This is like 90% of the people "into" this hobby. "LOL i laugh at this "rare" game. Subscribe and send me money so I can laugh at more "rare" games".

"I love you lord, take my $"

You hardly embody the typical traits of these people at all. I know people love roasting you, and I've never been shy with coming to your defense. IMO you don't deserve 75% of the shit people give you here.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Between defending Simple Hipster and his emo WR threads, ASID is up to some kind of mega troll. Let's see how this plays out over time.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Well I can’t speak for the rest of the old farts, but I for one would like to see more young people enjoy these old games. Better that then the mindcraft/fortnite/LoL/CoD garbage these youngins are eating up now. Or a generation of slack-ass pussies who all want to be YouTube/twitch “celebrities”.

Nah, only young people (born in 90's or after) "enjoying" these retro consoles are hipsters or their fathers are in the "retroscene" teaching them to play/enjoy these "great" old games..
Let them enjoy Minecraft, Fortnite,CoD etc.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nah, only young people (born in 90's or after) "enjoying" these retro consoles are hipsters or their fathers are in the "retroscene" teaching them to play/enjoy these "great" old games..

This is a very good remark, witch I happen to agree with. Eventually, those youngsters will find their own way to past gen games. I, for example, solely listened to Rap in my past, which eventually led me to discover Eric Kloss, ESG, Loose Joints or even an Anton Webern twelve-toner. Like, wherever those samples would lead me to, mostly something I wouldn't even touch before. If something really digs you, then at a certain age you'll want to know why, and a why's habitat is always the past.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Pfft, I don't really care if their hipsters/trendsters/fucksters whatever. If they're getting exposed to the good games of the past and generating an interest and appreciation for them, that's fine by me. Doesn't matter to me what their source of exposure is.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Pfft, I don't really care if their hipsters/trendsters/fucksters whatever. If they're getting exposed to the good games of the past and generating an interest and appreciation for them, that's fine by me. Doesn't matter to me what their source of exposure is.

Well maybe somewhere some youngster is saying that it is good that those old people will get exposed to some good games like Minecraft etc.
I tried playing Minecraft when it came out but it just felt boring to me. I think many of those games Minecraft, Fortnite etc. the social media, youtube, streamers etc. is big part of the whole thing. They feel that they are part of something. They are GAMEEERSS!!

I just don't get it. I like modern big games like those new Tomb Raider games etc. but all those multiplayer games just never clicked. I am fine with these old retro games and new single player games. Let some other people enjoy those Minecraft, Fortnite, CoD etc.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Well maybe somewhere some youngster is saying that it is good that those old people will get exposed to some good games like Minecraft etc.
I tried playing Minecraft when it came out but it just felt boring to me. I think many of those games Minecraft, Fortnite etc. the social media, youtube, streamers etc. is big part of the whole thing. They feel that they are part of something. They are GAMEEERSS!!

I just don't get it. I like modern big games like those new Tomb Raider games etc. but all those multiplayer games just never clicked. I am fine with these old retro games and new single player games. Let some other people enjoy those Minecraft, Fortnite, CoD etc.

Same. Gimme some Fallout single player, Skyrim, Zelda, etc. All this "community" shit holds zero interest for me.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Well there are communities that have been around forever, before youtube/twitch/social media, like for fighting games for example. It's just now it's more accessible to the plebs whereas before you had to really put an effort into getting into the groups. Which naturally brought on a more dedicated hardcore member-base.

I still play the new multiplayer games, I just choose to play the quality ones. Fortnite is baby shit, I'd rather play PUBG if I wanted to battle royale. Big 'if' there, as battle royale games are saturating the market now. As for Minecraft, it's just a sandbox. There is no real "game" to it other than scratching an exploration and building itch, which has become a huge hit for kids.

Maybe I'm just feelin' some type of way now that I'm a new dad (first kid at 38...yikes), but my feeling is we can either thumb our nose at what young people are playing, or we can guide them to the great games, old or new, so they get more knowledge of what quality is. Perhaps indirectly effecting how the game industry steers their developments so that it's not all quick-cash grab shlop or all-accessible pleb games.

embergabor

New Challenger
Sorry to be on topic here. The OSSC arrived last night, didn't really have time to test it, needs a firmware update and settings tweaking, but it is already working fine. The Sony tv can handle almost all output resolutions. Line2x 480i interlaced is bad but all others I tried worked. The image is almost as sharp as with an emulator, it's weird.
IMG_0329-2.jpg
Also got some electronics tools and accessories. Tinned wire for mod work in R,G,B,Y colors, RCA adapters for the OSSC, cable sleeves, cable clamps and electronic components storage shelf.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Went home to New York to visit family a few weeks ago and picked up some stuff I can’t get in japan. The hate runs deep in japan for the Xbox I guess haha so I picked up some xbox360 games I missed out on playing the first time around. Game stop had a deal on 4 used games 9.99 or under only 20 so I picked up as many 9.99 ones I could find in store in good condition with manuals. Only one I could not find was blue dragon in a case. But I will pick up the Japanese one and use that case to hold my us one haha.
29C42ABE-A095-4475-B6BD-F30573407EE7.jpeg
B8A04D3F-38F9-475C-86B8-FEDE16A8ABEE.jpeg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Went home to New York to visit family a few weeks ago and picked up some stuff I can’t get in japan. The hate runs deep in japan for the Xbox I guess haha so I picked up some xbox360 games I missed out on playing the first time around. Game stop had a deal on 4 used games 9.99 or under only 20 so I picked up as many 9.99 ones I could find in store in good condition with manuals. Only one I could not find was blue dragon in a case. But I will pick up the Japanese one and use that case to hold my us one haha.
View attachment 51269
View attachment 51270

you know, you could buy most of these games for the ps3. but nice games still. oblivion and shadow of mordor are some of my favourite games of that gen.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
you know, you could buy most of these games for the ps3. but nice games still. oblivion and shadow of mordor are some of my favourite games of that gen.
Yeah but a few like Allen wake and fable are Xbox only and most japanese versions of the ps3 games don’t have English options. Gaming in my native language for rpgs etc is always more comfortable. Also I wanted to give my xbox360 some love haha.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Yeah but a few like Allen wake and fable are Xbox only and most japanese versions of the ps3 games don’t have English options. Gaming in my native language for rpgs etc is always more comfortable. Also I wanted to give my xbox360 some love haha.

i my self did buy a lot of games for the gamecube which i already owned for the ps2.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Don't be a fagit about it. It still applies.

9b09201e493eb49fb37642a8fb19072b.jpg

Last edited: