Post Your Recent Purchases!

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Eh my projector is 24ms lag, and there are some around 16ms which is better than most TVs. Not crt 1ms lag, but still perfectly playable.

Yes, projector screen. Can't be really used for serious gaming. xrgb's lag + projector's / amp's lag = good for puzzle games and occasional gaming, but you need to learn to predict whats coming in fighting games. My 15" crt is better that way.

I have another projector that has RGB (VGA) input and has less lag, haven't yet tested that with xrgb-3 and b0 mode.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Eh my projector is 24ms lag, and there are some around 16ms which is better than most TVs. Not crt 1ms lag, but still perfectly playable.

What is advertised and whats the real lag from from hdmi input the the screen can be different. I know that with early firmwares of my projector had measured input lag of 97ms! My other projector has measured input lag of 36ms in game mode. New cheaper model vw300es has low lag mode and its quite possible the my projector can do the same if all processing is turned off (game mode typically just turns off some image processing, there is nothing special in it).

Anyway, even if the input lag would be somewhere near 30ms, combined with 20ms from xrgb, its 50ms and that is lot. Example my friend tried to play baseball star and always hit too late even he could hit really well with crt.

EDIT: Haa, just read from german forum that VW500ES has gotten new software update with all the features 300 has and now has the low lag mode. And I already found the update! :buttrock:

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
This is based off leo bogner hdmi lag test, so it's definitely accurate. My point is most people play on hdtvs with the xrgb and a HDTV, generally most TVs are greater than 30ms and people don't seem to mind. I play twitch shooters on the projector with no issues. So I wouldn't broadly state projectors are too laggy for anything other than puzzle games and casual fair.

Last edited:

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Could not find MAK! (but I did find and buy a cool Anime wig for my Fiance), but G-Front had a clear sign so I was in luck.

Upon entering I saw a large bin of MVS games. Prices were not cheap, but also not outrageous. I've never seen so many MVS games in one spot. Too bad that I did not find any that were on my list (except for some Real Bout - but I can get that in North America pretty easy). Shit - sorry that I did not take a pic of this MVS bin!

i'm heading over in exactly 2 weeks from now, i have heard MAK is hard to find but i'll be trying to hunt it down after i check out their online lists first of course as I've also heard they aren't exactly shops to browse like many of the others in Akiba

what did the CPS board set you back? if you don't mind sharing that is :)

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Snes scoop. I almost got all the games I want for this console.

10710874_10152772705412298_2779051820134483224_n.jpg

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
<3
eakT6Fll.jpg

I think I'm done for the rest of the year, I have to receive three or four more packages and then I'l stop buying.

I have to try.

I have to.

joele

n00b
Most recent are metal slug 4, Marcel super heroes (cps2) and a new 15k monitor/cabinet as my tri sync cab looks great with vga but terrible with 15k input :-/

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
some recent stuff! The Saturn controller and ps1 may look normal but....
2drC50Il.jpg

the Saturn controller was rewired for dreamcast use
bQdtoPrl.jpg

and the ps1 is actually a Japanese ps1 that I found at goodwill, will need to replace lazer lens :(
6W3YHDwl.jpg

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Where did you buy it? I just tried to pressure my gamestop, but they have no sense of humor. I told them Walmart was selling it already, but they are paranoid of some mythological $500k fine; what maroons