Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
Holiday gets

Some holiday gets. Really amazing secret santa from over at pcfx forums!! :D

IMG_20161223_205725.jpg

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Nice!

I would love to pick up another A1k. Fantastic machine.

And this seems to be in very good condition. And ACA500+ is perfect accelerator/memory expansion/CF card HDD adapter for it once it arrives on Monday.

adsa1971

War Room Troll
Puzzle Bobble
Metal Slug 4
161 in 1
MV1A Mobo
MV1FS Mobo - Faulty
Universe BIOS 3.3
Supergun et al

jacket

n00b
IMG_20170112_171308.jpg

Got my first multi slot MVS board (MV-2FS) and two kits (no serial / non-matching serial) from a local dealer in Finland for 156 euros with postages. :multi_co:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Jens warns about hooking the ACA500+ to an A1000:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1129867&postcount=78

Yes, because there are minor timing differences in A500 and A1000 and because they don't want to promise it works or they want to sell A1000 version :)

A1000 expansion is identical to A500 expansion, just opposite side.

Still most people have it working flawlessly both old and new ACA500. I didn't buy it for A1000 but probably I am going to use it with it.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Nice combo! Pretty good variety in games. Do you have a favorite of the three?

Gotta go with punch out.

On another note. I'm getting alot of audio static on my MVS cab when playing windjammers. It doesn't do it on any other game. Any ideas?

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
You're supposed to post pics not a list La-Z-Noob.

This week I picked up...

Double dragon 3 PCB (thanks skate!)
Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary for PS4
Mario 64

Not sure where my copy of Mario 64 disappeared to. So picked one up at the local game shop as I've been wanting to play through it again. I had to lol a bit at the guy at the game shop. "what brings you in today?" "i'm looking for a copy of Mario 64" "you mean Super Mario 64?..." "... uhhhh, yeah"

Come on man, wtf else would anyone mean when saying "Mario 64"? Is there some other secret Mario game on the 64 I somehow missed? And BTW, this conversation was had right as I was checking out the N64 games. Not like I was standing in front of & checking out games for any system.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
On another note. I'm getting alot of audio static on my MVS cab when playing windjammers. It doesn't do it on any other game. Any ideas?

Start by making sure the contacts are entirely clean, then maybe reseat the cartridge a couple times until you're making ideal contact. Beyond that, you could ask the guys in the Tech Support forum here.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This week I picked up...

Mario 64

Not sure where my copy of Mario 64 disappeared to. So picked one up at the local game shop as I've been wanting to play through it again. I had to lol a bit at the guy at the game shop. "what brings you in today?" "i'm looking for a copy of Mario 64" "you mean Super Mario 64?..." "... uhhhh, yeah"

Come on man, wtf else would anyone mean when saying "Mario 64"? Is there some other secret Mario game on the 64 I somehow missed? And BTW, this conversation was had right as I was checking out the N64 games. Not like I was standing in front of & checking out games for any system.

How do you like Duke? I got it on the Bone and something just didn't feel right, I wondered if the ps4 version was better.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is so unexciting I almost forgot to post it after it came Monday:

IMG_0212.jpeg

It was "free" with Sony Rewards points and will go in my office, since my wife and daughter have confiscated my original PS4 and put it in the family room. I don't blame them, since I hadn't turned it on since I finished Uncharted 4 at launch.

edit: On balance, I am a little bit excited about playing The Last of Us at 1080p60.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
$150 with a funky label. This is looking like it's going to be a $200 cart sooner or later, so better now than later I guess. I looked up the video store this came from on google maps & it's since turned into a Gym :lolz:. Board matches the MVS wiki scans, but has anyone else seen a label on top of another label like this? I thought it might have been a boot at first, but they took the time to re-aply the serial number from the rental store. IMG.jpg

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
0cOScD6.jpg

Gradius - I only really started getting into shmups last year. Beat the NES version of Gradius last week so I figured I'd graduate to the PC Engine. Really excited by this one.

Shinobi III - I owned a copy of Revenge for who knows how long, but always gave up at the waterfall stage where you need to use the double-jump. Came back to it and beat it on easy and then again on normal. Loved it. Time for 3.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
has anyone else seen a label on top of another label like this? I thought it might have been a boot at first, but they took the time to re-aply the serial number from the rental store.
the WJ label looks like it is legit but was cut up somehow. It's interesting there's another Data East label below it and the serial on the rental sticker could be right as well...

SNK relabled all the time, so there's a chance this left the factory like this (with a Japanese label below the English one) - someone might have fucked up a little when placing it. And then the rental store guys came along and made it even worse :keke:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
the WJ label looks like it is legit but was cut up somehow. It's interesting there's another Data East label below it and the serial on the rental sticker could be right as well...

SNK relabled all the time, so there's a chance this left the factory like this (with a Japanese label below the English one) - someone might have fucked up a little when placing it. And then the rental store guys came along and made it even worse :keke:

Honestly, I kinda like it. It gives the cartridge character.Breath of fire 3.gif

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
$150 with a funky label. This is looking like it's going to be a $200 cart sooner or later, so better now than later I guess. I looked up the video store this came from on google maps & it's since turned into a Gym :lolz:. Board matches the MVS wiki scans, but has anyone else seen a label on top of another label like this? I thought it might have been a boot at first, but they took the time to re-aply the serial number from the rental store. View attachment 42192

Try peeling off the top label. There's probably a nice JP one underneath.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This week I picked up...

Mario 64

I'll let the lack of pics slide since you told a story.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Try peeling off the top label. There's probably a nice JP one underneath.
I wouldn't dare. The rental store sticker is holding the two together, & it's neat to have a cartridge with some history behind it. I know EXACTLY what store it came from. Few Neo geo cartridges are so courteous.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Check out my boss new controller!

F'n ground wire to the controller came loose. It's "new", it is, so no biggie. However, it came with just a wrap around it so his dumbass shipping may or not have caused it.

I'll let him know nicely and fix it. Thoughts about it later as far as performance