Post Your Recent Purchases!

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Also I've been getting into the NES's 4-Score supported games lately, and was able to get Super Off Road, Gauntlet II, and Smash TV for cheap. Smash TV with 4 controllers, 2x per player for dual-stick shooting is actually pretty decent to play with. Super Off Road supports 4 players, as oppose to the nicer looking SNES version that only supports 3.
Smash TV with dual pads is really fun even for a neutered port. Have you heard of the newer NES homebrew called Micro Mages? That looks like it'll be the best 4P NES title to date. I don't know if I can wait until April to play it...:envy:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Smash TV with dual pads is really fun even for a neutered port. Have you heard of the newer NES homebrew called Micro Mages? That looks like it'll be the best 4P NES title to date. I don't know if I can wait until April to play it...:envy:

Yeah, that’s also one of the reasons I’ve gotten into gearing up for 4 player NES games. My buddies and I want to have regular 4-player games nights, and Micro Mages was the catalyst. It looks like it’s going to be really fun when it’s finally out. Can’t wait!

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bought 2 Lindbergh cab, aes MOTW, SSV, all real bout, Derby king, jockey club 2, cherry master and a goddamn Ms. Packman board that due to bad packaging was cracked in several places...Wtf.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
maxresdefault.jpg

That's so true... emulation, flexibility & uncensored gore. My console peasant's soul not only feels dirty, but since the polygon wars started, it's also blessed with eye cancer due to frame rates below 60. Still 2 > (GT)X

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Got a consolized Game Gear.

Has RGB scart/s-video/composite out and a Genesis controller port.

I really like it except the buttons are reversed when using the controller. Tryna play Shinobi II: the Silent Fury and keep accidentally jumping when I want to attack and vice versa. Going to have to get used to it.

But either way, playing on the PVM is so much better. No more blurr-o-vision.

This weekend I will be putting time into:
The GG Shinobi
Ninja Gaiden
Defenders of Oasis
Sonic Triple Trouble
the three X-Men games

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Got a consolized Game Gear.

Has RGB scart/s-video/composite out and a Genesis controller port.

I really like it except the buttons are reversed when using the controller. Tryna play Shinobi II: the Silent Fury and keep accidentally jumping when I want to attack and vice versa. Going to have to get used to it.

But either way, playing on the PVM is so much better. No more blurr-o-vision.

This weekend I will be putting time into:
The GG Shinobi
Ninja Gaiden
Defenders of Oasis
Sonic Triple Trouble
the three X-Men games

Can't you do the same with the Genesis ED?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, but a good chunk of the GG library have sms versions that will play fine on it. Unfortunately that doesn't include the Shinobi games

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I keep thinking about getting the Magic Knight Rayearth GG. But I know I'll barely play it thanks to the motion blur, so I never end up pulling the trigger when one does pop up on eBay.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Last time I really wanted to play a GG game (Shining Force Gaiden 3, forget the exact name) I loaded it on my cracked 3DS. Worked great.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No, but a good chunk of the GG library have sms versions that will play fine on it. Unfortunately that doesn't include the Shinobi games

Nor many of the RPGs, Sonic Triple Trouble, Ninja Gaiden (the SMS Njnja Gaiden is entirely different).

famicommander

15 Year Member
That sounds killer. Let’s see a pic!

The unit itself is unremarkable so I won't bother with it. It's a standard, functioning Game Gear with a bunch of video jacks on the top and a controller port on the bottom.

Here it is on my 14" PVM, though.

Up close:
HNhTzrJ.jpg

In context with the rest of the screen:
5eNKyHw.jpg

With the "overscan" button pressed on the PVM to make the image a bit larger:
nNt94m1.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Probably so he can use real first party pads instead of chintzy stuff.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Probably so he can use real first party pads instead of chintzy stuff.

Just throwing it out there for people that want to keep the original nes controllers stock.

I've been using them and they feel great.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Just throwing it out there for people that want to keep the original nes controllers stock.

I've been using them and they feel great.

I got a couple of those kits and put them in NES Classic pads. I agree they feel great. Using the 8bitdo SNES pads for NES wasn’t my thing.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
I got a couple of those kits and put them in NES Classic pads. I agree they feel great. Using the 8bitdo SNES pads for NES wasn’t my thing.

I wish I bought the kit for classic pads. I like the feel of the dpad better. I'm sure it's just cuz it new and crisp

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Original NES pads are still pretty easy and cheap to come by. The only real thing to consider is buying new silicon pads to refresh the d-pad and buttons. But you can get good conditioned original pads for $5 (sometimes less) on ebay these days.

I wish I bought the kit for classic pads. I like the feel of the dpad better. I'm sure it's just cuz it new and crisp

Yeah I bought 4 of these, 2 for NES Classic pads, 2 for original NES pads. The Classic pads do feel a bit clunkier than the originals, but after a while the silicon pads inside start softening up and feeling closer to the original. But if you have original NES controllers that are too broken in, even considering getting new silicon pads for them will make them closer feeling to the NES Classic ones.

So really it's not much difference if you don't own original pads that still have a good feel to them.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I bought something but I won't tease you and will just post it when it arrives in the mail.