Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment...

So you yourself know it's not a winning investment to back this guy, yet you already backed him by buying units and you're in here defending him?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment... but still i can root for an underdog right?

Look, stop the 3/4 scale train that you're riding around your house while you type this and take a second to realize what you just typed. You've been spending the better part of two hours defending a guy who has the "it" factor and is a master at his craft. Who people like yourself should be happy to wait two years for...for just the pleasure to touch the gift he has crafted them. Yet.....you won't invest in it? Why not. Sell one of your storage lockers filled with kazoos. That should fund it.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Wow, that takes me back.

BK's, LA Gear, and Patrick Ewing's... the cheaper alternatives to Nike Pumps, but equally cool.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
So you yourself know it's not a winning investment to back this guy, yet you already backed him by buying units and you're in here defending him?

Look, stop the 3/4 scale train that you're riding around your house while you type this and take a second to realize what you just typed. You've been spending the better part of two hours defending a guy who has the "it" factor and is a master at his craft. Who people like yourself should be happy to wait two years for...for just the pleasure to touch the gift he has crafted them. Yet.....you won't invest in it? Why not. Sell one of your storage lockers filled with kazoos. That should fund it.

A few thousand vs a couple tens of thousands (which it would probably take) are different things. The NeoGeo Forums is definitely not a place where i’d take financial advice too seriously LOL

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Oh good you're back. I was afraid Willy Wonka pushed you down a rubbish chute. Nobody is trying to give you financial advice. It's all just a big joke like this guys business model. What people are trying to tell you is your "oh well, I got my shit. Positive feedback!!" mentality is fucking disgusting. For some people, these are the only way they can play arcade stuff. They put down 2k, which isn't exactly pocket change for most, and got nothing in return. Just because you continously buy the same shit over and over to show off to your "friends" doesn't mean that everyone does.

TLDR; Have some fucking modesty once and awhile. Maybe you can have your employee in Japan find you some in between his runs to get you a gross of Sega Napkins and 5 cases of Bonk juiceboxes.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh good you're back. I was afraid Willy Wonka pushed you down a rubbish chute. Nobody is trying to give you financial advice. It's all just a big joke like this guys business model. What people are trying to tell you is your "oh well, I got my shit. Positive feedback!!" mentality is fucking disgusting. For some people, these are the only way they can play arcade stuff. They put down 2k, which isn't exactly pocket change for most, and got nothing in return. Just because you continously buy the same shit over and over to show off to your "friends" doesn't mean that everyone does.

TLDR; Have some fucking modesty once and awhile. Maybe you can have your employee in Japan find you some in between his runs to get you a gross of Sega Napkins and 5 cases of Bonk juiceboxes.

giphy.gif

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Wow, this place talking about modesty. This place talking about what boils down to “hurt feelings”

Hypocracy incarnate is what this place is

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Jesus Christ.

First I regretted posting that Friday gif in this thread because I saw Jibs roast roker right after, but now I wish I had saved it for your Dilbert comic.

I blew my gif load too early (something something stealthlurker's mom)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Jesus Christ.

First I regretted posting that Friday gif in this thread because I saw Jibs roast roker right after, but now I wish I had saved it for your Dilbert comic.

I blew my gif load too early (something something stealthlurker's mom)

Now I feel cheated.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There must be a time you were in such a situation too.

Granted, but not after being active here for half a decade now. You've been here since '03, that's a whole decade more to fight off ignorance, than I had. It's just utterly understandable for expectations to be a tad higher for a big tymer, who also happens to be a local old tymer, like you, than for a n00b, who happens to be a foreigner, like me.

But hey, everyone's entitled to his own opinion and seeing it from that perspective, yours is as good as mine. The same perspective shows however, that you ran out of arguments defending your lifestyle and/or Mr. Dunn's character, along with his selective attitude towards clients and his dubious business practices, while DecepticonZero has not.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
If that kind of work isn't within your abilities these are an excellent option available on eBay

I know the RGB mod and I can make my own RGB board if I want to, not hard to design and draw and ordering pcbs is cheap, I repair computers, consoles and monitors as a hobby, sometimes even modern stuff like macbooks. But I'm not sure if I'm going to. These JVCs are for my old computers that do not even have RGB output. Probably mod one, leave one as spare and use 2 in my gaming meetings.

Oh, and picked up 4 BVMs, 3 PVMs and one JVC more today :D

37972851_306728599872653_4198795779877371904_n.jpg

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
The Killing Gameshow by Psygnosis, for the Amiga. Much played during my childhood on Sega's system, so wanted a physical copy of the original computer game, which had a better version of the music and some different graphics effects.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
8BitDo Mod Kit for Original NES Controller. Converts an original or Classic Mini controller to bluetooth.

zSXlnNd.jpg

I opted for a brand new Classic Mini controller so I don't mod my originals. It's nice to have a good bluetooth NES pad with the proper buttons.

0SsXUQa.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
8BitDo Mod Kit for Original NES Controller. Converts an original or Classic Mini controller to bluetooth.

zSXlnNd.jpg

I opted for a brand new Classic Mini controller so I don't mod my originals. It's nice to have a good bluetooth NES pad with the proper buttons.

0SsXUQa.jpg

How do you charge it?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
It has a small barrel jack in the middle of that illuminated piece of plastic, which you get a USB cable for to charge it with.
Yeah the nub has a hole you plug the custom usb cable into. Here's a little better picture that shows the usb cable that came with it:

E0CRjZ0.jpg