Post Your Recent Purchases!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You mean this? Maybe there's an official statement by Dunn himself, otherwise it could be difficult to form a factual opinion.

Yeah, I've heard that there are still people waiting on delivery due to the manufacturer having a hard time paying for parts. I've also heard that he blocks people from his Facebook that are asking for updates. To me, no matter how nice the guys work is, it shouldn't be celebrated or flaunted if he can't get the products he promised to people who paid for them.

If memory serves me correctly this is the same guy who let AJ flap in the breeze for like a year on a prize that he won as well.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, I've heard that there are still people waiting on delivery due to the manufacturer having a hard time paying for parts. I've also heard that he blocks people from his Facebook that are asking for updates. To me, no matter how nice the guys work is, it shouldn't be celebrated or flaunted if he can't get the products he promised to people who paid for them.

If memory serves me correctly this is the same guy who let AJ flap in the breeze for like a year on a prize that he won as well.

Fuck this guy. Seriously. I can't believe people are still doing business with him. Our local group has a running joke about Dunn for a long time. I would classify him as a scammer.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Fuck this guy. Seriously. I can't believe people are still doing business with him. Our local group has a running joke about Dunn for a long time. I would classify him as a scammer.

You know shit has gone wrong when a Florida group makes jokes about other people.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
15" JVC broadcast monitors, 9" sony PVMs and 14" sony BVM... only paid little for the BVM.

37392291_445045559309385_4318264950960160768_n.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Nice monitor haul! You should get some pics up on the CRT Fetish Thread once you get them hooked up and dialed in. Are those JVCs are TM-H150CGs? I believe they are. If so, do they have component/RGB input cards with them? If not, there is a way to mod them mentioned here. Here is another example of a larger JVC getting modded as well. Might come in handy too if you are thinking about going that route. It's nice option since the cards are so spendy and hard to find. If that kind of work isn't within your abilities these are an excellent option available on eBay: RGB via SCART with audio out and RGB/component via BNC. These monitors also have fantastic s-video. Some of the best I have ever seen.

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

As you probably know I have two of Rob’s bartops. I waited 1.5 years for each of them. I also have 2 more in the queue with him along with other side projects.

I’m a patient guy, so I have no issue with him. He’s always delivered a product to me that exceeds my expectations.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
As you probably know I have two of Rob’s bartops. I waited 1.5 years for each of them. I also have 2 more in the queue with him along with other side projects.

I’m a patient guy, so I have no issue with him. He’s always delivered a product to me that exceeds my expectations.

No matter how long you waited, it seems crappy that he's making you custom one off systems while some people are seemingly still waiting for their stuff for years?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
No matter how long you waited, it seems crappy that he's making you custom one off systems while some people are seemingly still waiting for their stuff for years?

Hey, he got his, who cares about everyone else?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Hey, he got his, who cares about everyone else?

What you both don’t know is that I ordered both of mine long before he launched his Kickstarter. Almost a year before it. I ordered and paid for my second unit halfway through the wait of my first.

When he launched his KS, I supported him by ordering a KS unit (3rd unit). Then I ordered another a few months after that.

I’ve even told Rob, don’t worry about my KS unit. Get to everyone else and do mine last. You know I’m patient. Most other people are not, so it’s best if you handle theirs first.

So it really pisses me off when people think I get mine before their bartops... I’ve been the most patient out of everyone. I’ve laid down the most cash. Yet I get shit on? If I really wanted mine before anyone else I could probably pull that string. I could of taken that one contest winners bartop Vewlix if I tried. But I didn’t. I just wait my turn.

It’s true Rob responds to my messages probably faster than other folks. But I’ve been there with him before the madness.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

If that's really the case, then it's very unprofessional. Imagine Timm selling a finished copy of Kraut Buster early this year, then that lucky bastard of a buyer posting it here as a recent purchase, right after delivery, just to tell us what a great guy Timm is. Would anyone else recognize that kind of greatness, too? I wonder...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
What you both don’t know is that I ordered both of mine long before he launched his Kickstarter. Almost a year before it. I ordered and paid for my second unit halfway through the wait of my first.

When he launched his KS, I supported him by ordering a KS unit (3rd unit). Then I ordered another a few months after that.

I’ve even told Rob, don’t worry about my KS unit. Get to everyone else and do mine last. You know I’m patient. Most other people are not, so it’s best if you handle theirs first.

So it really pisses me off when people think I get mine before their bartops... I’ve been the most patient out of everyone. I’ve laid down the most cash. Yet I get shit on? If I really wanted mine before anyone else I could probably pull that string. I could of taken that one contest winners bartop Vewlix if I tried. But I didn’t. I just wait my turn.

It’s true Rob responds to my messages probably faster than other folks. But I’ve been there with him before the madness.

So, when did you preorder the neo Geo mini? Was that before he launched the Kickstarter? What about the little handhled systems he built you that you kept posting on Instagram?

Look we all know you buy anything that's not bolted down. IDGAF how you spend your money. I just think it's pretty shitty that you would show off something that was built by a guy who is well known on the internet for stringing people along. Get a fucking grip.

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
If that's really the case, then it's very unprofessional. Imagine Timm selling a finished copy of Kraut Buster early this year, then that lucky bastard of a buyer posting it here as a recent purchase, right after delivery, just to tell us what a great guy Timm is. Would anyone else recognize that kind of greatness, too? I wonder...

These side projects and one offs are his strategy to recoup funds he lost on the failed molds he had commissioned and the bunk 3D printer he bought. He’ll need the funds to get back to building the KS bartops.

I haven’t bought all his one offs... he did a SNES Mini (more accurate than the official one) and a PSX Mini.

I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something. However he is working something out with a secret Angel Investor, and that’s probably the only real way to get back on schedule. Plus he really needs to do some kind of mold. Building each one from scratch using wood like mine just won’t scale to the KS demand.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
These side projects and one offs are his strategy to recoup funds he lost on the failed molds he had commissioned and the bunk 3D printer he bought. He’ll need the funds to get back to building the KS bartops.

I haven’t bought all his one offs... he did a SNES Mini (more accurate than the official one) and a PSX Mini.

I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something. However he is working something out with a secret Angel Investor, and that’s probably the only real way to get back on schedule. Plus he really needs to do some kind of mold. Building each one from scratch using wood like mine just won’t scale to the KS demand.

Yeah I've heard about the "investor". For the people who bought these things sake, I hope this person at least helps him refund them their money after waiting literal years. In the mean time, maybe it would be in good taste to not wave his "side projects" in these folks faces.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
This is actually the second “investor” he’s been in talks with... I hope this one pans out.

Rob really got in over his head with the KS. But his skills are so on point I want to see him eventually succeed. The public is ready with pitchforks and who can blame them. This wait is long even by KS standards

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
His concept behind the one off is this

1. He only builds one, so he doesn’t overcommit
2. Sale goes to the highest bidder to get the most cash to help build his capital again
3. They are things he can build now with little cash/investment

Bad thing though is that it still takes him weeks to build one due to his perfectionist nature. I would say he build far less complex things in bulk.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
His concept behind the one off is this

1. He only builds one, so he doesn’t overcommit
2. Sale goes to the highest bidder to get the most cash to help build his capital again

Bad thing though is that it still takes him weeks to build one due to his perfectionist nature. I would say he build far less complex things in bulk.

Maybe he should take that "capital" and refund the folks who have been waiting for years. One at a time, like a perfectionist.

I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something.

I suppose that said strategy hasn't been known to all of his backers from the start, right? Further, shouldn't "don't quite agree" result in a "refuse"? Anyway, it's a tricky situation, but w/o a commentary by Mr. Dunn himself, DecepticonZero has all the arguments. Sure, you're not Dunn, but posting his undelivered goods point blank, with no profund explanations on the background, is a strategy I don't quite agree with.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Maybe he should take that "capital" and refund the folks who have been waiting for years. One at a time, like a perfectionist.

I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Sure thats an option. Im wondering how many people who kicked in have messaged him about that and what the outcome was.

I guess you could say I’m “white Knighting” hahahaha! Never thought about it that way LOL, but you’re pretty much right. I guess... ive had lots of customs done. By some really talented folks all over the world. Not just video game stuff. But this guy, he’s got IT. ive seen others try to cooy his stuff and its bad. I guess its like seeing a guy with the talent to become the next Jordan, but bullshit just gets in the way. I really want to see the guy succeed and for more people to be able to enjoy his products.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Sure thats an option. Im wondering how many people who kicked in have messaged him about that and what the outcome was.

I guess you could say I’m “white Knighting” hahahaha! Never thought about it that way LOL, but you’re pretty much right. I guess... ive had lots of customs done. By some really talented folks all over the world. Not just video game stuff. But this guy, he’s got IT. ive seen others try to cooy his stuff and its bad. I guess its like seeing a guy with the talent to become the next Jordan, but bullshit just gets in the way. I really want to see the guy succeed and for more people to be able to enjoy his products.

Only in this case Mike crowd funded Jordans and couldn't even deliver British Knights.

I'm sure you've bought several plastic factories around the world at this point Uncle Scrooge. If this guy has the "it" factor, maybe you should financially bankroll him. You can't purchase greatness, but this is your moment to grab it!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I suppose that said strategy hasn't been known to all of his backers from the start, right? Further, shouldn't "don't quite agree" result in a "refuse"? Anyway, it's a tricky situation, but w/o a commentary by Mr. Dunn himself, DecepticonZero has all the arguments. Sure, you're not Dunn, but posting his undelivered goods point blank, with no profund explanations on the background, is a strategy I don't quite agree with.

That wasnt the strategy from the start. The strategy was to commission a fiberglass guy to make molds. When the molds failed he was out a lot of capital from the KS.

Compound that with the 3D printer he bought to make the smaller pieces not panning out with usable parts. I dont know why he couldnt return the printer.

Now he is where he is. Chalk it up to inexperience with an operation of this scale. But hey thats the risk of KS right?

“Dont quite agree” but go along with anyway... that happens all the time in life. There must be a time you were in such a situation too. Until another execution is in play, lets just ride this one out and see... Ive been wrong before

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Only in this case Mike crowd funded Jordans and couldn't even deliver British Knights.

I'm sure you've bought several plastic factories around the world at this point Uncle Scrooge. If this guy has the "it" factor, maybe you should financially bankroll him. You can't purchase greatness, but this is your moment to grab it!

Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment... but still i can root for an underdog right?