Post Your Recent Purchases!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Well, after debating it for too long I finally bought my first Neo. Analogue CMVS from Neobitz with a copy of Baseball Stars 2. I've lurked for far too long. Realize it's stupid to get into the scene in 2018 (I have a massive collection of other games), but will be buying a NeoSD soon. Super excited to dive in.

Congrats!
Picking up the NeoSD makes so much sense, so Just Do It!

Superblatt

n00b
Congrats!

I know, I need to do it. But, as you would guess, the Analogue CMVS with two sticks (one original, one bean), component cable, two extension cables and Baseball Stars 2 cost quit a pretty penny. I need to sell some of my other stuff before I just buy the NeoSD.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Genesis port of Ghouls is one of my favorite games. Sega nailed it and I think it's better than the Supergrafx port.

You aren't wrong there. The MD version of that game is really impressively done!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
The Genesis port of Ghouls is one of my favorite games. Sega nailed it and I think it's better than the Supergrafx port.

You ever managed to complete it panda ???, i've been trying for years and never been able to complete the second run through, it's a tough challenge.
Master system version is good as well, totally different and well worth a look if you're into the SMS.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Battle Circuit

Nice! While I do like this game, because it's simply bananas, I feel Capcom somehow lost it when it comes to beat 'em ups on CPS2. C&D, The Punisher and Captain Commando were all super-tight. I don't get that from CPS2 games, even though I still like AvP and Battle Circuit.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a few SNES games from a couple forum members, as well as a great deal on 2 PCE controllers. Opened both of them up to swap the conductive silicone pads and noticed that the Black one barely had any wear on it. Feels brand new! Now I'm onto finding a cheap PCE multitap.

DfZyXxo.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You ever managed to complete it panda ???, i've been trying for years and never been able to complete the second run through, it's a tough challenge.
Master system version is good as well, totally different and well worth a look if you're into the SMS.

Oh yea, 2nd loop is actually a little easier when you get the goddess' bracelet, being able to destroy projectiles makes a huge difference. Loki is a joke too. Fastest boss fight ever lol.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I agree that the 2nd loop is easier especially after grabbing the goddess bracelet on the first level, but just remember to swap that thing out before fighting Ohme. It took me at least an hour to beat him with that weapon.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I think you're the first person I've heard say that it's cool that I live in Utah. I don't mind living here, but the state has a well-deserved bad reputation for week beer. It would be cool to arrange some kind of Utah get together – I know lemony vengeance and a few other fellow forum guys are around here.

As for the x68000 computer, I tore it apart first thing to change the capacitors and excise the leaking CMOS battery. I'll post a picture once I have it all back together and working.

Photo Feb 18, 6 49 26 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 18, 6 48 45 PM.jpg

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Hey Utah's not a bad state at all, people tend to be more polite there (Mormons, go figure) and there's a lot of great stuff for families to do on weekends, plus the mountains you can see from just about anywhere in the state are gorgeous

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey Utah's not a bad state at all, people tend to be more polite there (Mormons, go figure) and there's a lot of great stuff for families to do on weekends, plus the mountains you can see from just about anywhere in the state are gorgeous

Last time I was in Utah I got pulled over twice in one hour because my car didn't have a license plate displayed in the correct spot.

xterc

n00b
As for the x68000 computer, I tore it apart first thing to change the capacitors and excise the leaking CMOS battery. I'll post a picture once I have it all back together and working.

It looks like a few of the tracks under the battery have been damaged. Good luck with the repairs. Post some pics! I've always wondered how good the X68000 really was.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Last time I was in Utah I got pulled over twice in one hour because my car didn't have a license plate displayed in the correct spot.

Huh, weird... I've only ever been to visit family, so I don't use my own car when I'm out there

It looks like a few of the tracks under the battery have been damaged. Good luck with the repairs. Post some pics! I've always wondered how good the X68000 really was.

I've heard nothing but good things, it has some of the best arcade ports from the era, similar to how good the arcade ports were on Saturn and Dreamcast several years later, or well, Neo Geo.

Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I think you're the first person I've heard say that it's cool that I live in Utah. I don't mind living here, but the state has a well-deserved bad reputation for week beer. It would be cool to arrange some kind of Utah get together – I know lemony vengeance and a few other fellow forum guys are around here.

View attachment 48951View attachment 48952

I can't wait to see it up and running! I'd love to get my own x68000 some day. I had a real shitty start to my trip due to lost luggage and someone hitting my parked rental car. Other than that everything else has been really fun so far. I've had some really good food and seen some pretty cool sights. Definitely a big change to see some majestic mountains rather than the endless flatness of ND. It's cold as hell and boring in ND, but I miss home and all the free parking :p

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I can't wait to see it up and running! I'd love to get my own x68000 some day. I had a real shitty start to my trip due to lost luggage and someone hitting my parked rental car. Other than that everything else has been really fun so far. I've had some really good food and seen some pretty cool sights. Definitely a big change to see some majestic mountains rather than the endless flatness of ND. It's cold as hell and boring in ND, but I miss home and all the free parking :p
Coming from California where everything is just wall to wall people, there's something quaint about Utah for me where there's a way less dense population, there's big open spaces, lots of good community programs for kids, less psychopathic drivers on the road, good Schools, reasonable cost of living, and they've got a number of programs that keep the streets free of homeless vagrants (They have housing and job programs that are some of the best in the country for homeless people) If I was ever to start a family, I'd seriously consider moving there, my hometown has turned into a crap hole in a very short span of time due to meth and poverty.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, I don't have it in my hands yet, but I just won an ebay auction today for a Garo, which is a component to vga/scart transcoder by the Behar Bros, I've already tested a couple of my component capable CRT's to see if they can do rgb over component and two of mine fit the bill, so I'll be setting the two up in the garage with a series of switches and cables to finally get some more life out of my old consoles (already hooked up my xbox for some lightgun action and have been having a blast)

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
My new remote:
One for All - Smart Control 8 - URC 7980

It work with my Framemeister XRGB-mini.
Just need setting all button one by one, but it's work perfectly ! (MAGIC)

E6bMtLn.jpg

Superblatt

n00b
Congrats!

Jeff was kind enough to sell me his NeoSD for MVS fully loaded since he already has one for AES. I am going to need a list of titles to jump into during my first few days with the Analogue once it arrives. Besides the obvious stuff, any mtginf come to mind?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Oh yea, 2nd loop is actually a little easier when you get the goddess' bracelet, being able to destroy projectiles makes a huge difference. Loki is a joke too. Fastest boss fight ever lol.

I'll dust off the cart and give it another go next couple of weeks, i ain't played it in a while.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
After all this time thinking that Super Ghouls N' Ghosts was a remastered port of Ghouls N' Ghosts, it was while I was watching one of Jibbs videos that I learned otherwise. I never looked into it because I didn't know I should have. Flash forward to 2018 and I've finally corrected this travesty.

Legend is such a sweet looking beat em' up, and Saint Sword seemed cool (and is!).

N4NG65n.jpg

You sir, have excellent taste in games. If you like that style try Blades of Vengeance on the Genesis, barbarian beatemup!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Another SNES item, I finally found a copy of the Weaponlord Manual. I've been looking for this manual for a while because I want to learn this obscure fighting game, but the it seemed that no one had a scan of the SNES version, I was only able to find the Genesis one.
But since I own the box for this game I figured I'd keep my eyes peeled for an original manual.

This thing is in pristine condition, which makes my box look so ghetto now.
RWAjF5e.jpg

Crisp.
TqApQqy.jpg

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
I think Vampire Savior is the best of the bunch. I've been playing quite a lot of it lately.

However, I find SFZ3 to be superior to SFZ2, despite all the opinions to the contrary. After all, how can less be more?

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
New Astro got delivered yesterday, spent several hours cleaning it:
7irw0B5l.jpg

Found a manual in the back:
KKlaAsNl.jpg

After a few hours, got it looking pretty good. I need to adjust the convergence rings a bit, but I cannot get them to move and I don't want to break another tube:
cEK7ApTl.jpg