Post Your Recent Purchases!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
My pants are already off.

Nice! Hopefully I’ll get my Kraut Buster soon too. Kinda annoyed they don’t provide a tracking number. I guess it’ll be a surprise when I miss the mailman and have to pick up my package.

Yeah the lack of number is irritating.

Mine came through within a few days but European mail is pretty efficient most of the time.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Original NES Controllers box

QbphYVk.jpg

Wnl7N6d.jpg

Like new

Missile

Another Striker
Original NES Controllers box

Yes agree they look new. Great find!

The NES wasn't popular here in the UK because it was so expensive and it came a *very* long time after Japan and the US. Most UK people have happy memories of playing Super Mario Bros in shops rather than at home

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Wow, I don't often stumble on good deals from Ebay, but this deserves some mention. I came across an auction for a "broken" but complete copy of US Crossed Swords. The seller said it works but there are audio issues. Given that it looked okay overall (some water damage on the insert and instruction book, but it isn't too bad), I thought that the game probably works and that the contacts are most likely just filthy. Won the auction for $60 bucks, got it in, gave the contacts and good clean and polish, and VIOLA! Works flawlessly now.

20200122_060728.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow, I don't often stumble on good deals from Ebay, but this deserves some mention. I came across an auction for a "broken" but complete copy of US Crossed Swords. The seller said it works but there are audio issues. Given that it looked okay overall (some water damage on the insert and instruction book, but it isn't too bad), I thought that the game probably works and that the contacts are most likely just filthy. Won the auction for $60 bucks, got it in, gave the contacts and good clean and polish, and VIOLA! Works flawlessly now.

View attachment 55604

That is a good price now but I remember when Classic Gaming Source on ebay was selling them for $50 brand new. Also Maglord and Sengoku were super cheap.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
That is a good price now but I remember when Classic Gaming Source on ebay was selling them for $50 brand new. Also Maglord and Sengoku were super cheap.

Oh wow, I'll keep them in mind.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

diggin' the NG logo. Now thats something really cool

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I ended up winning a public surplus auction for this brand new sealed 32" JVC D-Series CRT. Final bid was 41 bucks. Auction fee was about 5 bucks. It also cost a tank of gas and lunch for my friend who helped carry it. I lucked out pretty hard on this one. A high school bought it years ago and just never used it.

IMG_20200122_082613854.jpg

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I ended up winning a public surplus auction for this brand new sealed 32" JVC D-Series CRT. Final bid was 41 bucks. Auction fee was about 5 bucks. It also cost a tank of gas and lunch for my friend who helped carry it. I lucked out pretty hard on this one. A high school bought it years ago and just never used it.

DAMN! Score!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member

Dem days are looong gone...they sell MagLord ,cart only for like 99 USD and anything they perceove broken/damaged for like 59.99-79.99
You definitely lucked up if all you had to do is clean the contacts and not have to worry about needing a PCM ,V or M1 chip!
BB

Rick Dangerous

Quiz Detective
Picked up loose carts recently of:

Nam 1975 (MVS)

Ironclad (Repro, MVS)

Having about 10 shock box inserts printed up right now so the collection looks great. Will get some pictures up soon.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
img1579907850973.jpg

img1579907992825.jpg

img1579908079979.jpg

One of the greatest creations of Konami. Much better than the Mega Drive version

SUNSETRIDERS SNES PAL UK.

In Spain, both the German and English versions were distributed.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object

A good comparison. I really like the music in the MD version. But in general, the SNES version is much better. Konami could do much better with MD. For starters, the SNES game has 8 Meg and the MD game only 4.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
NeoGeo-Pi

My new bulk buying:

1x Raspberry Pi 4B
1x AC/DC 5V 3A
1x SanDisk microSD 16GB
2x NEOGEO mini Pad black
2x Extension USB Type-C cable
2x Adapter USB Type-C to USB-A
1x HDMI
1x Argon1 aluminium Case

= my mini NeoGeo AES (Unibios v3.3) and with his 155-in-1 cartridge :D

1lPYTzj.jpg

This case is so beautiful for a NeoGeo-Pi

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
RARE X5.png

One of the greatest creations of Capcom. Much better than the previous games in the series

MEGAMAN X5 PSX NTSC-US.

Memories playing this game at a cousin's last week, it is amazing to recover this hidden gem in the year 20XX. I had been thinking about adding it to the collection for a few days. It is simply by far the greatest game of the X series.

Last edited: