Post Your Recent Purchases!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'd hold out for a Breakers Revenge if you're not dying to play this game right away.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Okay, I see a Korean Red Breakers cart on ebay, $70 starting bid. Think I should jump or wait and see?

See, this is the thing right here. Don't go hunting Breakers just because I said I was! :keke:

Go grab yourself Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown and enjoy yourself!

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
It's amazing to me how this is suddenly sky rocketing across all platforms. In 2012 no one gave a shit about Genesis/Mega Drive carts. Now you have shit like Splatterhouse 3 reaching SNES cart level prices. Alien Soldier was $110 when I got it around 2013, game is now selling for $350+ constantly. I dunno what the fuck is going on but I don't think it's going to stop, I'm grateful I have a lot of the stuff I wanted and I have modchips/flashcarts so I don't impulse buy at insane prices now. I dunno why everyone got this GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL mentality suddenly, but I guess it isn't going away anytime soon.

Don't even bother trying to grab any SNES titles you want now, shit is insane.

This is sadly true. As I stated earlier I wanted to pick up splatter house 2-3. But they are not worth 120-170$ each. They are at best 50$ games. I would probably play them once and they would sit on a shelf for a few years till I wanted to play them again.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is sadly true. As I stated earlier I wanted to pick up splatter house 2-3. But they are not worth 120-170$ each. They are at best 50$ games. I would probably play them once and they would sit on a shelf for a few years till I wanted to play them again.

I bought Splatterhouse 3 CIB for $25 at a flea market a couple of weeks back.

You must have patience and discipline. If it doesn't fit (your budget), you must a-quit.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I bought Splatterhouse 3 CIB for $25 at a flea market a couple of weeks back.

You must have patience and discipline. If it doesn't fit (your budget), you must a-quit.

Sound advice. Also nice grab man. That's a great price

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
See, this is the thing right here. Don't go hunting Breakers just because I said I was! :keke:

Go grab yourself Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown and enjoy yourself!

Actually, I have been looking for a copy of breakers as well. I saw it on a video that retrogametech Did when he was repairing a Neo Geo CD controller and I thought it looked really cool. And of course I am going to get a copy of Metal Slug... If I can find it under $50

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Thats insane, I paid 20 each and felt that was a lot. When I got them it was 2005 though. Crazy to see how things have changed.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Most recent pic. New Years Eve

ogLO5wB.jpg

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
HAHAHAH this is why you dont drink and post. Wrong thread :P

violentluke

New Challenger
Unfortunately these prices will stay like this for quite some time if not get even higher. I collected 60's and below comics for 10+ years and the same thing that has happened to that market is happening here.
Collecting retro games is whats cool now and thats going to continue bringing in people who aren't educated on the value of these things, in turn some serious money will get shelled out and people will start to see the trend with those particular games and continue to push the limits on what they can get for it.
Youtube personality is to retro games what a new marvel movie is to that characters appearance in comics.
1st appearence of Thanos was a $150 book on a good day in great condition, one scene of him at the end of Avengers pushed that book upwards of $700+.
Same thing in video games, Youtube brings peoples attention to these games and then they get sought after by the thousands watching the videos, then the sellers start to see these games dissapearing fast so they raise prices.
Best example I can think of off the top of my head would be Jackie Chans action kung fu, those prices tripled right after there was a AVGN episode on it.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Haven't purchased much games lately, just waiting for Street Fighter V, but i did get this late Xmas/Bday gift. Only 1000 of these were made.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I did some investigating and I found out why the seller had a legit and a fake. The legit cart has no sound at all (probably a bad S1), and the bootleg is just fine.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Went thrift hunting today and found a New 3ds xl for 75 bucks, didn't have the money so my buddy scooped it up, I'm trying to get him to sell it to me so I can get my Xenoblade on

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
MS1 is a conversation though ;)
why do you support conversions? Not only was an article produced that noobs could be scammed with, two games got killed for that abomination - one perfectly fine MVS cart for the chips, one perfectly fine AES cart for the PCBs, Shell, Case. Buy a fucking converter and MVS cart next time.

Eventually, people will realize the stupidity of this en masse and and peace and order will be restored to the galaxy.
So we all hope... but I'm afraid I'll be too old to game then and/or some of the games will have died from data rot.

Wait, are we being serious about Puzzle Bobble?? I know I have seen quite a few PB boots, but I have a legit PB cart that was easy to find.......
this. I was sure my PB cart is legit... now when I get home I'll have to recheck.

Last edited:

sylphia

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Got this snk candy cab recently. I still have to find a suitable CPO, but I really really like this cab !
wLaZCtWm.jpg

YmkCu2im.jpg

ChrisB

Another Striker
why do you support conversions? Not only was an article produced that noobs could be scammed with, two games got killed for that abomination - one perfectly fine MVS cart for the chips, one perfectly fine AES cart for the PCBs, Shell, Case. Buy a fucking converter and MVS cart next time.

I dont own any other conversions apart from that ms1, simply purchased it as I would never get to own or feel safe enough to dump a grand on a MS1 aes. Its the only conversion ive ever been interested in purchasing.

p.s ive aready got a mvs as well

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I dont own any other conversions apart from that ms1, simply purchased it as I would never get to own or feel safe enough to dump a grand on a MS1 aes. Its the only conversion ive ever been interested in purchasing.

A grand. You're cute.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,

p.s ive aready got a mvs as well
So you bought a conversion even though you knew it was wrong and why? You even had an MVS version to play?
Ban plz.