Post Your Recent Purchases!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
My first ever LP!

b0017b1148dece3820a85d97f3a902d2.jpg

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
it cost about $63 total including games. but the cube with player was $40. I installed a region switch and swapped out the controller panel for one i had added lights to in the past.

E6E26E2A-D149-4DD9-8627-9BD5FB92F587.jpeg
947B9665-939E-40AF-A0F4-682D0D9EC717.jpeg

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm digging that. I have my OG Black Cube I bought when it was new on release and I've thankfully never had a problem with it. The only other Cube I'd really want to own is that Tales of Destiny set and the Panasonic Cube.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Picked up a Killer Instinct board and a few extras. If anybody is thinking about adding a heat sink fan, Xian can make up a really nice adapter so you don't have to solder directly to the board.

20190112_213330.jpg

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
While this isn't exactly a 'recent purchase', I had the opportunity to have one of my favorite posters of all time professionally framed for a very reasonable price over the holiday and just got it home a half hour ago. That museum glass is so sweet. I was too excited to even put it on the wall yet.

I LOVE IT!
2ZiFaYp.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
While this isn't exactly a 'recent purchase', I had the opportunity to have one of my favorite posters of all time professionally framed for a very reasonable price over the holiday and just got it home a half hour ago. That museum glass is so sweet. I was too excited to even put it on the wall yet.

I LOVE IT!

That framed SNES poster is pretty sweet. Good job.

"museum glass" You just play'n or is there something special there? Anti glare? UV protected? Bullet proof? I have a buddy who's neck deep into pinball and he's told me about glass panels that have almost no glare.

I've had a few video game posters made up too. If you have the room they look awesome.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
That framed SNES poster is pretty sweet. Good job.

"museum glass" You just play'n or is there something special there? Anti glare? UV protected? Bullet proof? I have a buddy who's neck deep into pinball and he's told me about glass panels that have almost no glare.

I've had a few video game posters made up too. If you have the room they look awesome.

Yeah, the Museum Glass is pretty awesome stuff. Here's the breakdown:

Virtually eliminates reflections
Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
Optimal light transmission brighten colors
Enhanced surface for better durability and easy cleaning
No ripple or “orange peel” effect on glass surface
Proprietary coatings are engineered for permanence
Premium 2.5mm thickness provides better strength and rigidity

In this photo, I have a light shinning directly at the frame, and there's virtually no glare at all. I paid extra for it since the difference between it and standard UV protected glass is like night and day.

I have a weakness for the art, so I wholeheartedly agree that if you've got the space, get that art on the wall!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I have one drawing framed next to another. One has museum glass, the other doesn't. The difference is pretty obvious side by side.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Picked this up for $5 in the hard-off junk section . All it said was ダメ(no good) on it. Figured what the hell. It looked clean an had no yellowing. It worked after some cleaning with IPA but the reset button was not working. Opened it up and Cleaned it with contact cleaner and everything works great now.
DCAEC643-C461-4264-A8B8-62708B3D063D.jpeg

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
aBumqxc.jpg

Already have the arcade PCB and PC Engine port, but wanted to try these too.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, the Museum Glass is pretty awesome stuff. Here's the breakdown:

Virtually eliminates reflections
Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
Optimal light transmission brighten colors
Enhanced surface for better durability and easy cleaning
No ripple or “orange peel” effect on glass surface
Proprietary coatings are engineered for permanence
Premium 2.5mm thickness provides better strength and rigidity

In this photo, I have a light shinning directly at the frame, and there's virtually no glare at all. I paid extra for it since the difference between it and standard UV protected glass is like night and day.

I have a weakness for the art, so I wholeheartedly agree that if you've got the space, get that art on the wall!

Museum glass is no joke. I recently worked in a frame shop which offered museum glass. It was almost a force field.