Post Your Recent Purchases!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
You seriously believe that any serious gamer in Europe plays PAL games at 50Hz? :rolleyes:

Most have modded consoles (50/60Hz switch) if they are sticking to PAL consoles. US/JP consoles ftw. Consoles from the Dreamcast onwards had 50Hz/60Hz option in PAL territories

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
IMG_20190615_131741_632_zpsvicapikg.jpg
[/URL]

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
You seriously believe that any serious gamer in Europe plays PAL games at 50Hz? :rolleyes:

It's not so much as that just these perfect SNES games which run slower then the originals seems kinda stupid. I get from a historic standpoint where people would want to preserve these but even then, it's shitter versions of these games.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's not so much as that just these perfect SNES games which run slower then the originals seems kinda stupid. I get from a historic standpoint where people would want to preserve these but even then, it's shitter versions of these games.

You do realize that it's the console that determines the speed right?

A very few games have random checks during gameplay on the SNES (such as SSFII). Apart from that, nothing a little switch can't solve. ;)

AFAIK, for Europeans/Australians, only the first Playstation can't run games (PAL) at 60Hz, as in this case, the games are region coded by software instead of the console. In that case, that would be something to worry.

All other consoles (Dreamcast onwards) gives you the choice on which speed you want to run the games.

This whole 50Hz is a thing of the past...

We were lucky enough we had this (fixable) issue instead of having to mod consumer CRT's to get RGB instead of Composhit, Svid or RF!

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I want know how much he paid for those PAL gems....

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

A very few games have random checks during gameplay on the SNES (such as SSFII). Apart from that, nothing a little switch can't solve. ;)

AFAIK, for Europeans/Australians, only the first Playstation can't run games (PAL) at 60Hz, as in this case, the games are region coded by software instead of the console. In that case, that would be something to worry.

All other consoles (Dreamcast onwards) gives you the choice on which speed you want to run the games.

We were lucky enough we had this (fixable) issue instead of having to mod consumer CRT's to get RGB instead of Composhit, Svid or RF!

Very true. The same people making fun of PAL releases were probably playing games in blurry shitvision. Meanwhile, people in the know had import or modded RGB systems.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Very true. The same people making fun of PAL releases were probably playing games in blurry shitvision. Meanwhile, people in the know had import or modded RGB systems.

I still play all of my games in blurry shitvision and I love making fun of PAL

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I'm sure he's the type that will play in 50hz just to get the OG feels.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
What crime did you commit to have to play the cd32? Murder?

It's ok for what it is. Banshee is a pretty good shooter.

By the way,

30bfs7m.jpg

Near launch Commodore erected a huge billboard outside Sega’s UK headquarters with that slogan. They must have thought they had a winner on their hands.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
:keke: :keke: I love the old smack talking days!

Sega did a rather good job of it themselves!

Then they all got mugged by Sony...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's ok for what it is. Banshee is a pretty good shooter.

By the way,

30bfs7m.jpg

Near launch Commodore erected a huge billboard outside Sega’s UK headquarters with that slogan. They must have thought they had a winner on their hands.

launching a 5th gen console with 4th gen hardware was indeed a funny move... :rolleyes:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Congrats! I know you’ve been after that one a while.

Now time to achieve Grand Master status.

Yeah buddy! I have been looking for about 2 years. I kept just missing them whenever they got posted for sale on the forums and I couldn’t pay the crazy over inflated eBay asking prices. Finally, a guy from Tokyo messaged me and gave me first dibs so I was all over it.