Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Seriously, what do you plan to do with that many pulstars? I assume sell them at some point (when?) When is enough, enough? This is seriously disturbing dude.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i dont see an issue either. he loves Pulstar. I do the same thing with certain things... I have multiple copies of almost every Curve release, sometimes 4 or 5 of each (different editions/formats of course...)

its his thing man

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
How so? I don't see an issue personally.

i dont see an issue either. he loves Pulstar. I do the same thing with certain things... I have multiple copies of almost every Curve release, sometimes 4 or 5 of each (different editions/formats of course...)
its his thing man

Well, I can understand that you buy 2 or three version of a game. One to play, one to keep and one for backup (or sell or something like that) but when you have >10 of the same lined up in a cabinet gathering dust, when do you stop? And why do you keep on buying more if the opportunity arises?
You could sell all but 3 or 4 and spend that money on other stuff - KP loves expensive PCB's I gather. Not slagging off anybody and everybody should do as they please but I don't understand why it has to go to such excess. And again; if KP want to buy Pulstars til the end of time, that's cool.

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
Bermuda Triangle (SNK rotary game) original jap PCB :

1524564261-img-0261-1.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
SK33OGHl.jpg

Grails are too easy now, we need stuff that is made of legends! Just received back my HVC-101 Nintender modded for RGB blessed from Lord Voultar himself. Palettes are PVM,Smooth, and Wavebeam and audio ran through NESRGB to fix the mixing of expansion audio. All of this RGB goodness pixel cutting 256 x 240 sharpness is delivered via Nintendos own Multi-Out connector. Like Transformers, there is more than meets the eye in regards to what a connector is and can be. 75 ohm or TTL level CSYNC, who gives a shit it should just werk without me fully understanding the intricacies of analog video.

Everything is connected directly to my GSCART Lite automatic switcher (since pushing a button takes 5 seconds and thats 5 seconds of less play time) into a SB-2840 SHART to Component adapter directly to a component CRT like god intended for the most authentic experience. Both the output and input of the scart cable are fully shielded and have the proper resistors verified both through a physical exam, oscilloscope, and microscope. This is to prevent unstable voltage from destroying my ~30 year old electronics with wear and tear + my new age shit. Additionally this allows me to blast the music past its intended volume without minor buzz to give me tinnitus. Not even a dog will hear my NES buzzing!

Even though all three palettes are not 1:1 to NTSC and look nothing like an original this is the authentic way to play next to RF. Like how many licks it takes to get to a center of a tootsie pop, is the sky in super mario bros blue or purple? The world may never know.

also got these shitty games

Ejfg4uPl.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Not a purchase, but I received some merch for participating in a community run event for probably the greatest video game ever made. Only the top 3 were going to get prizes (I placed 5th) but the PR team at gungho were generous enough to surprise everyone with prizes.

26806191277_f0c78130ee_z.jpg

(back of shirt)
40963740694_fbc9e41bfd_z.jpg

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
:buttrock: Glad to see folks here enjoy gaming on RGB NES. I love mine as well!

Grails are too easy now, we need stuff that is made of legends! Just received back my HVC-101 Nintender modded for RGB blessed from Lord Voultar himself. Palettes are PVM,Smooth, and Wavebeam and audio ran through NESRGB to fix the mixing of expansion audio. All of this RGB goodness pixel cutting 256 x 240 sharpness is delivered via Nintendos own Multi-Out connector. Like Transformers, there is more than meets the eye in regards to what a connector is and can be. 75 ohm or TTL level CSYNC, who gives a shit it should just werk without me fully understanding the intricacies of analog video.

Everything is connected directly to my GSCART Lite automatic switcher (since pushing a button takes 5 seconds and thats 5 seconds of less play time) into a SB-2840 SHART to Component adapter directly to a component CRT like god intended for the most authentic experience. Both the output and input of the scart cable are fully shielded and have the proper resistors verified both through a physical exam, oscilloscope, and microscope. This is to prevent unstable voltage from destroying my ~30 year old electronics with wear and tear + my new age shit. Additionally this allows me to blast the music past its intended volume without minor buzz to give me tinnitus. Not even a dog will hear my NES buzzing!

I remember when I got my AV Fami modded with a NESRGB. What a glorious day that was.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Well, I can understand that you buy 2 or three version of a game. One to play, one to keep and one for backup (or sell or something like that) but when you have >10 of the same lined up in a cabinet gathering dust, when do you stop? And why do you keep on buying more if the opportunity arises?
You could sell all but 3 or 4 and spend that money on other stuff - KP loves expensive PCB's I gather. Not slagging off anybody and everybody should do as they please but I don't understand why it has to go to such excess. And again; if KP want to buy Pulstars til the end of time, that's cool.

I don't see what the big deal is. We all have shelves full of games that we don't play. What's the difference if it's 40 different titles, or 40 copies of the same game? You're kind of splitting hairs, no?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I don't see what the big deal is. We all have shelves full of games that we don't play. What's the difference if it's 40 different titles, or 40 copies of the same game? You're kind of splitting hairs, no?

The Pulstar butt hurt is real.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist

No big deal, I was just wondering since I cannot for the life of me imagine buying the same game over and over and over, even if I love the heck out of it. 40 different titles on a shelf is different that 40 identical ones, wouldn't you agree?
But I have to admit that I do actually (or have) play(ed) all the games on my shelf at some point or another. But like I said, to each his own and if somebody wants to do just that, that is absolutely fine :)

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Not a purchase, but I received some merch for participating in a community run event for probably the greatest video game ever made. Only the top 3 were going to get prizes (I placed 5th) but the PR team at gungho were generous enough to surprise everyone with prizes.

That is that grasshopper from way back in 2016? How come you only just now get merch?