Page 830 of 837 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834 ... LastLast
Results 20,726 to 20,750 of 20924

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

  1. #20726
    Super Sidekicks
    embergabor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hungary

    Posts
    54
    Trying out the Pandora's box with a CRT tonight. This Jamma->Scart adapter only outputs video but that should be fine. If the picture is nice I'll probably build another bartop cab with a 14" crt inside it. If not, well, at least I will capture the output using an ossc and compare it to the vga just for the heck of it.
    IMG_0032k.jpg

  2. #20727
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Hattori Hanzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Thuringia

    Posts
    214


  3. #20728
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    NERDtendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brush, CO

    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by embergabor View Post
    Trying out the Pandora's box with a CRT tonight. This Jamma->Scart adapter only outputs video but that should be fine. If the picture is nice I'll probably build another bartop cab with a 14" crt inside it. If not, well, at least I will capture the output using an ossc and compare it to the vga just for the heck of it.
    IMG_0032k.jpg
    I’m very interested to see what you think of this. I have been eyeballing it for a long time, but just never was able to pull the trigger. I always thought it would be a good use in the gameroom.

  4. #20729
    Super Sidekicks
    embergabor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hungary

    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by NERDtendo View Post
    I’m very interested to see what you think of this. I have been eyeballing it for a long time, but just never was able to pull the trigger. I always thought it would be a good use in the gameroom.
    Just tried this and I can say that the image on a 14" CRT is tack sharp. I need to check it with the ossc but it looks proper 240p or 224p, the picture is stable but at least on one of my crts the image is offset to the left with a big black bar on the right. I will try this on another crt to verify if it is caused by the tv or the Pandora. I really like the contrast of the crt compared to my old tft in the current bartop. If I can solve the centering (probably need to figure out how to access the service menu) then I'll definitely build a new cab. Keep in mind that the tearing of the Pandora's Box is apparent on both CGA and VGA output modes.

  5. #20730
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,487
    Yours is probably newer than the one I had, but my old Pandora 3 was not centered either, I had a solid one inch black bar on the left. On a cab this doesn't matter so much since you can make adjustments, but I'm not about to adjust my Trinitron.
    Whatcha gonna do?

  6. #20731
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,423

    Post Your Recent Purchases!

    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Yours is probably newer than the one I had, but my old Pandora 3 was not centered either, I had a solid one inch black bar on the left. On a cab this doesn't matter so much since you can make adjustments, but I'm not about to adjust my Trinitron.
    I have this problem with various PCBs on my Supergun. The PVM monitor I have is an older model with no OSD, so you have to open the case to make adjustments which is a major pain in the ass.

    I picked up one of these from AliExpress for adjusting the image and it works great:

    US $28 | New Arrival Adjustment of picture position Converter Adjustable converting board connect to any JAMMA for adjust Image Position

    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccYSEzM4
    Last edited by ChopstickSamurai; 07-18-2019 at 03:37 PM.

  7. #20732
    I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    I have this problem with various PCBs on my Supergun. The PVM monitor I have is an older model with no OSD, so you have to open the case to make adjustments which is a major pain in the ass.

    I picked up one of these from AliExpress for adjusting the image and it works great:

    US $28 | New Arrival Adjustment of picture position Converter Adjustable converting board connect to any JAMMA for adjust Image Position

    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccYSEzM4
    Huh. Good to know this exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  8. #20733
    Ryo's Student
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    6,988
    Co-signed. Going to bookmark this.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

  9. #20734
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    I have this problem with various PCB’s on my Supergun. The PVM monitor I have is an older model with no OSD, so you have to open the case to make adjustments which is a major pain in the ass.

    I picked up one of these from AliExpress for adjusting the image and it works great:

    US $28 | New Arrival Adjustment of picture position Converter Adjustable converting board connect to any JAMMA for adjust Image Position

    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccYSEzM4
    How come can't I find a single damn video of that thing?

  10. #20735
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    How come can't I find a single damn video of that thing?
    If I have time later this weekend I could maybe shoot a quick and dirty one on my phone. Its pretty no nonsense though. Just a power button and two pots.

    I spent way too much time and money trying to do the same thing with an Extron unit when I stumbled upon this thing.




  11. #20736
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    3,161
    That is just position not size too, right?
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  12. #20737
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    That is just position not size too, right?
    Yep, just position.

  13. #20738
    Ryo's Student
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    6,988
    Size would've been nice. My supergun and TV combo usually displays the game beyond the borders of the TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

  14. #20739
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    That is just position not size too, right?
    For the price, that would be a bit far fetched tho

  15. #20740
    Super Spy Agent
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    753
    Thrift store pickup of an old PC CRT.

    Decided to try it out (via VGA) with one of those Pandora units. Nice crisp image.




  16. #20741
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Hattori Hanzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Thuringia

    Posts
    214

  17. #20742
    Cholecystectomy Required.
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT

    Posts
    3,506
    Just received this behemoth from shadow (games not included), and that's my video game budget for the remainder of the month.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

  18. #20743
    They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    jiyugaoka

    Posts
    6,909
    Just picked up this print by http://www.stevenmogck.com. The OG painting went for north of 15k, but the print was a late bday gift. Cant wait to frame it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

    Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*


    "I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

  19. #20744
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    4,124
    Quote Originally Posted by wataru330 View Post
    Just picked up this print by http://www.stevenmogck.com. The OG painting went for north of 15k, but the print was a late bday gift. Can’t wait to frame it!
    Why bother marking out that plate when you can still read it anyways?

    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

  20. #20745
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Thrift store pickup of an old PC CRT.

    Decided to try it out (via VGA) with one of those Pandora units. Nice crisp image.



    I've done this before, it's a great combo.
    Whatcha gonna do?

  21. #20746
    I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    2,117
    I really want one of those Pandoras with a control panel. But then I'd have to mod it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  22. #20747
    Ninja Combat Warrior
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    693
    Just recieved these a little while ago. Brand new custom MVS controllers for a pretty penny off the maker on ebay.. I originally seen these on his Facebook page as he makes and sells custom controllers.

    These were an instant buy and wow the quality! And the packing was over the top and I thought I was bad! Lol

    Took me awhile to find his site.. or Facebook page..

    https://m.facebook.com/RetroStockpil...ernal&mt_nav=0










    Cant wait for my custom consolized 6 slot mvs board to hit tomorrow with a nice red paint job!
    Last edited by eclypse; 07-23-2019 at 01:52 PM.

  23. #20748
    Azu Bla

    Bishamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    3,581
    Those are pretty sweet! I think I would prefer more of a traditional Neo-style angle to the buttons (either like an old-style cabinet or the AES joysticks).

  24. #20749
    Ninja Combat Warrior
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Those are pretty sweet! I think I would prefer more of a traditional Neo-style angle to the buttons (either like an old-style cabinet or the AES joysticks).
    Yeah I found myself wanting to tilt it to angle the buttons when holding it. Though they seem fine and usable. We will find put hopefully tomorrow hehe.

  25. #20750
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    3,161
    you know they guy is a member here...
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...-Arcade-Sticks
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •