Post Your Recent Purchases!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
From Amazon Japan. It may be a loose copy but it's the real deal!! Boards and sticker are legit. I went over this bad boy with a fine toothed comb. This will do nicely until a complete copy comes along.

View attachment 28725

awesome grab. 850 is not bad at all! i wouldnt mind a conversion but even that, people want too much for it. mvs is fine enough for me

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Thanks! I've been looking for a real MS1 for some time and I don't do conversions. The only things missing are a snap lock case and 2 pieces of paper. I'm good with that.

JP MS1's are still cheaper but keep in mind, a) they almost never come up for sale, b) it's a heavily bootlegged game, and c) it's a high demand game. At this point in the market, a US MS1 will be in the car-money stage, five figures. A complete JP would probably be half that. Not including the VideogameX crazy auction, the last complete JP MS1 AES I've seen was in 2014 for $2200 at a retro store in Japan. So a genuine loose cart for $850 is more than reasonable for my budget.

Nice sounds like you got a great deal.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
Lucked out and came across some PVM speakers on Craigslist! I ended up buying two pairs from the guy since I doubt I'll come across any again. Still trying to find a place to put the PVM though.

vigFnf8.jpg

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
nice find! i've been after a pair of the speaker hinges off those for my PVM-2930 forever...

Lucked out and came across some PVM speakers on Craigslist! I ended up buying two pairs from the guy since I doubt I'll come across any again. Still trying to find a place to put the PVM though.

vigFnf8.jpg

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
All should order Reto Gamer because it has a 10 page section about the Neo Geo!

n3sqb7.jpg

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
the last complete JP MS1 AES I've seen was in 2014 for $2200 at a retro store in Japan

and that was 99.9% a bootleg as all high value carts in shops seem to be these days. Your estimated price on what a real one costs now is pretty much on the money from what I know. Glad you're happy but if you don't care about the art then why even go AES?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Glad you're happy but if you don't care about the art then why even go AES?

My collection is a mixture of AES and MVS. As for MS1, we all know the AES is essentially a holy grail cart and I wanted a genuine copy for a long time, especially on how infected the market is with boots. I never buy loose AES carts but in this instance I made an exception because of how rare it is. If a complete genuine copy rolls around, I may go for upgrade. For now, this will do nicely.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
My collection is a mixture of AES and MVS. As for MS1, we all know the AES is essentially a holy grail cart and I wanted a genuine copy for a long time, especially on how infected the market is with boots. I never buy loose AES carts but in this instance I made an exception because of how rare it is. If a complete genuine copy rolls around, I may go for upgrade. For now, this will do nicely.

I will do the same thing.
Metal Slug AES, How beautiful thou art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I received my Crossed Swords II MVS kit last week. Here are some pics of my CW1 and CW2 kit side by side:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Awesome, Forgotten Worlds PCE is great and the 3 button pad is pretty much required. One of my faves.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Re-purchased a few games that I used to own but sold back in the day. Return Fire is still really fun.
View attachment 28777

Always like to see 3DO love. Twisted hasn't aged too well, but it's still fun with a friend every now and then. Blade Force is wild. I love the FMV intro and premise, even if the game itself is pretty average.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That Intellivision version of BurgerTime is amazing. I played the hell out of it as a kid and I think it played better than the NES version, though my memory is weak. One of the few arcade games the INTV actually did well. Carnival is an example of a game it did completely wrong.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
"YOU CANNOT STOP ME WITH PARAMECIUM ALONE"

This is hands down the definitive version of Forgotten Worlds that isn't the PCB. The OST alone is worth the experience. There is some graphics shredding but that is a minor flaw. You will have a helluva time with that game.

That Intellivision version of BurgerTime is amazing. I played the hell out of it as a kid and I think it played better than the NES version, though my memory is weak. One of the few arcade games the INTV actually did well. Carnival is an example of a game it did completely wrong.

Agreed. Back in the day, that version of Burgertime was the best out there. I wouldn't mind giving Tower of Doom and AD&D Treasure of Tarmin another spin one day.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
This is hands down the definitive version of Forgotten Worlds that isn't the PCB. The OST alone is worth the experience. There is some graphics shredding but that is a minor flaw. You will have a helluva time with that game.

It is the definitive version unless you're rocking the full cab, spinners and all. Only 1P but no one here has real friends anyway...

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
My custom stick parts arrived. (plus other stuff I needed)

IMG_20150916_132025.jpg

Fun times ahead.

For those wondering: Seimitsu LS-40 stick and IL pushbuttons. ;)