Darkstalkers Resurrection Roll Call

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I was heavy into it a early this year but jumped ship to Xrd, SFV and now KoFXIV.

I have been feeling like going back to it though.

Those are all great titles to be into man. I havent felt like getting into GG as of lately, used to play GGXX2AC. Ill will be jumping on some SFV sometime in October when i get my gaming pc/barcade. I actually got to play some SFV last night at a friends house. The cheese is strong in Gief in this game. SO frkn good, combo into his 720 so easily. Im loving it. And hopefully by october they will release KOF on pc too. Im looking forward to that announcement.

Im just trying to pick up VS for fun. Im very casual when it comes to my fighting games, not trying to play at a competitive level or anything. Just for fun and appreciation of this game and all the others I enjoy playing on fightcade.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I never did get around to downloading the game.I should make it asap,though any darkstalkers is perfect to play around october ;)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i thought there would be more Vampire Savior players on here. Where the hell is everyone!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
i thought there would be more Vampire Savior players on here. Where the hell is everyone!

Maybe I should look into getting Darkstalkers Resurrection for PS3 instead of investing in a CPS2 setup with Vampire Savior
Spoiler:

Nah. I should probably just do both
Spoiler:

or I could get the CPS2 version, fix my fightstick and hop on Fightcade

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
How about all 3? DR on XBL plays super smooth, I don't have it on PS3 but I'll get it when it's on sale. In fightcade it plays very well but that always depends on the quality of the connection. The CPS2 board is so worth it, if you have a Saturn then even better 'cause the port has all the characters and it plays really well. The DC port is basically all the games rolled into one, like the PSP port but with good controls. Out of the entire series I think VS is the best, VS2 is really good too and I love the different system, just a little difference but it makes a big stride if you know what you're doing, my only gripe with VS, VS2 and VH2 is the roster cuts, I understand the shortcomings of the system, hell it even happens in Alpha 3, it's really too bad. CPS24LF though!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I need to get a 360 just to get all these fighters, but you still have to pay a subscription for the 360?
Hey electric, is there any major differences between the 360 and cps2 vs?

And Fuck yeah cps2 love for sure

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
None really, they use the VS rom, it's not like the Saturn version which has all the characters and then some.

There's a Vampire Collection for PS2 JP that had a hidden Vampire game like Hyper Street Fighter Alpha but the truth is it's all just filler. VS CPS2 is all you need, so either the XBL or the PSN are good as they use the cart rom but unfortunately like all their other arcade ports it has the chopped pixels, not a deal breaker but still makes me wish they did a better job in that department.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
If I remember right the game speed on Darkstalkers Resurrection is naively set to be slightly faster then the CPS2 ports. Though if you have the PS3 version it's no different then the 360 version. Even the netcode plays roughly the same.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
My ps3 has been down for at least a year but I got it going last night. I would love to play this and others. I already had added my handle on page 2 before this got bumped. sammy_Galactic29 and I'm on playstation. If any one shoots me a invite, request of whatever I'm usually pretty flexible about playing diff games. I've been stuck at my house slot lately so these games are great therapy lol not that I need any

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
2D sprites are too expensive to invest in these days. even though SNKP does it, they almost went bankrupt over KOF12, and it took two KOFs to reach KOF standards (and even KOF13 lacks key teams). At least SFIV graphics are full of life, impact, personality, and atmosphere compared to those dumbed down and awful plastic MVC3 models. and 3D models are easier to develop than 2D sprites.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this.

2d sprites you just paint them in photoshop, and animate in promotion.

with 3D sprites you have to create them, which takes much longer than plotting a few hundred squares. Then you have to texture them, then texture again, set the light, bake them, clean them up in zbrush.

Much more work goes into modeling. Unless you know some secret I don't know.

That's why most indie games are 2d platformers.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
which timezone are you on, im central so i may get on around either 5pm or 8pm. Depends if i wanna grill early or not. If its not raining ill probably grill early so more than likely 8

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Im on the east coast and im usually home around 7-8. I sent you a pm and will send a invitecif I see you online.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
cool, ill jump on tonight if your down for some matches, was on fightcade last night

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'm logged on now if you wanna catch some matches. Probably be logged on for another hour

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Whoa I didn't realize there was a vampire savior fan thread buried in here. I used to play the psp version via ps3 Ad Hoc Party and was on the ps3 version of resurrection for a while. Count me in for some Darkstalkers Resurrection matches if you all still get together online.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
add me man, im actually free tonight if you wanna play alittle, i havent touched it in awhile. Lets do it up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Whoa I didn't realize there was a vampire savior fan thread buried in here. I used to play the psp version via ps3 Ad Hoc Party and was on the ps3 version of resurrection for a while. Count me in for some Darkstalkers Resurrection matches if you all still get together online.

Awesome ava edit! You devil, you're the actual ninja that took down Ken Hayabusa in 1989! (Later known as Jo)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Good games man, was fun playing this game with a member. We will have to do it again soon

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn, I have resurrection but only on 360, I'll get it on PSN next time is on sale or something. What about fightcade, ninja?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Damn, I have resurrection but only on 360, I'll get it on PSN next time is on sale or something. What about fightcade, ninja?

Yeah you definitely gotta jump on VS with us if you see it on ps3 for cheap.

I've never used fightcade before, but i'm sure it isn't hard to set up. I'll look into it and try to get it set up on my mame cab.