Darkstalkers Resurrection Roll Call

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Let's get a player list going here and start getting hyped up for the 12th/13th.

PSN

Ancient Flounder: AncientFlounder
Cannonball: IronTiger81
Sazae: DeadJello
Tron: MrNeoGeo
YeldellGW: YeldellGW

XBOX LIVE

Darklighterx: Blue Mary X
Fayk: Fayk
FOMOCO&CO: FALKENzr
HDRchampion: Baklakiller
jeffkun34: UnholySpectacle
MilkManX: MilkManX
Sazae: The Sazae
wataru330: wataru3THIRTY

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
wataru330

Xbox live ONLY.

GT= wataru3THIRTY

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
Damn, not much love for these old gems are there?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
While I'm sick of fighting games, this series deserves a comeback and sequels, maybe sales can convince Capcom for a Darkstalkers 4 that's SSF4 quality? This could be used to test the waters.
I might consider playing this, Darkstalkers is one of the most creative and refreshing fighting series ever created.
The fighting system is one of the greatest and well rounded ones out there, which is further enhanced by the stylish awesomeness of the characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTeGGw4Nfe0

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2013/02/01/darkstalkers-embrace-the-dark-contest-results

Darkstalkers_Resurrection.jpg

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/darkstalkers-resurrection-600x333.jpg

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/214/6/4/felicia__s_revenge_by_nekohybrid-d59lw4p.png

felicia__s_revenge_by_nekohybrid-d59lw4p.png

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If they remake w/ SFIV aesthetic, I'll puke.

KoF XIII or greater engine, or GTFO.

cannonball

15 Year Member
If they remake w/ SFIV aesthetic, I'll puke.

KoF XIII or greater engine, or GTFO.

I agree. The animations in the DS series were so incredible, it'd be a shame to have it lost to the new capcom fighting game engine of late.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
stupid shit

Can you like, you know...fuck off? You come here just to bitch about nothing. Silly bitch. Nobody needs SFIV style graphics.

I would the game but I'm horrible at it (I assume it's just a port of the old games?) and it would be a waste of money for me. :(

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
2D sprites are too expensive to invest in these days. even though SNKP does it, they almost went bankrupt over KOF12, and it took two KOFs to reach KOF standards (and even KOF13 lacks key teams). At least SFIV graphics are full of life, impact, personality, and atmosphere compared to those dumbed down and awful plastic MVC3 models. and 3D models are easier to develop than 2D sprites. Yea DS4 shouldn't have the ink effect, but a DS flavored version of SFIV 2.5D standards could look incredible, especially with PS4 hardware. :) Going 2D for DS4 doesn't guarantee quality sprite art, though. I hated HD Remix's sprites, the original had more colors and the animations flow better with them. the HD sprites made it look like a cheap Flash game (though a few characters actually looked slightly better, like Vega, T.Hawk, Balrog, though others looked worse and weaker like Ken, Chun Li, Blanka, Guile, Cammy, etc.)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
2D sprites are too expensive to invest in these days. even though SNKP does it, they almost went bankrupt over KOF12, and it took two KOFs to reach KOF standards (and even KOF13 lacks key teams). At least SFIV graphics are full of life, impact, personality, and atmosphere compared to those dumbed down and awful plastic MVC3 models. and 3D models are easier to develop than 2D sprites. Yea DS4 shouldn't have the ink effect, but a DS flavored version of SFIV 2.5D standards could look incredible, especially with PS4 hardware. :) Going 2D for DS4 doesn't guarantee quality sprite art, though. I hated HD Remix's sprites, the original had more colors and the animations flow better with them. the HD sprites made it look like a cheap Flash game (though a few characters actually looked slightly better, like Vega, T.Hawk, Balrog, though others looked worse and weaker like Ken, Chun Li, Blanka, Guile, Cammy, etc.)

image.php

Clearly you are the expert on anything 2D-related.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I'll chime in and say I never liked Udon's art. The way they handled HD Remix took out the style that the original Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo had.

I can't stand the cash grab Capcom is doing with just porting their old fighting games. They can't even port them right without problems like input lag (looking at you SF3 and JoJo) or messed up hit boxes/damage modifiers/sound (JoJo).

Best to just fight on GGPO, but they took that option away.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
mongoose and the king of?

I agree. The animations in the DS series were so incredible, it'd be a shame to have it lost to the new capcom fighting game engine of late.

huh? ds ? I have one of those! Serious there is a darkstalkers game!? Otherwise what're you talking about here?

edit: even before I submit it the first time!
I realize you are just abbreviating Darkstalkers, wishful thinking Damn You!

I have the strategy guide for darkstalkers and a long box both are really beat.

sometimes I wish I could just delete my posts.'.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If i download it this month then it will be PS3.BTW i list my psn handle in my sig.Still i haven't played,nightwarriors or darkstalkers 3 in many years so i would be rusty at the game.

I was watching miles923 run through of it.He's know for those assist me videos.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Still i forget to mention i don't like the fact that they used DS3 instead of vampire savior.....

Last edited:

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
PS3: AncientFlounder

Got some ranked games in tonight. Net code feels pretty solid.

cannonball

15 Year Member
awesome some more psn guys. Expect some friend requests tonight!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You can add me for this on PSN: DeadJello

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
preach it cousin, preach it.

Bruv, you know we are in the same choir.

On the strenth, I wish I could wipe middleware from the face of the earth. 'powered by Unreal tech'...PLEASE get to pounding sand.

I'll yell as loud as I want, for programmers who don't get down to the metal-TO GET OFFA MY LAAAAAWN.

Our kids are lucky that we'll be able to show 'em what time it is.

...and saner...not for nothin'-I'm just not buying that Capcom don't have the budget to do sprite work anymore. Capcom has plenty of budget. It's how they choose to allot those resources that bothers me.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Never got into the Darkstalkers series...Who are top tier characters in VS? Im buying it tonight & will resubscribe XBL!

Baklakiller (Xbox 360)

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Bruv, you know we are in the same choir.

On the strenth, I wish I could wipe middleware from the face of the earth. 'powered by Unreal tech'...PLEASE get to pounding sand.

I'll yell as loud as I want, for programmers who don't get down to the metal-TO GET OFFA MY LAAAAAWN.

Our kids are lucky that we'll be able to show 'em what time it is.

...and saner...not for nothin'-I'm just not buying that Capcom don't have the budget to do sprite work anymore. Capcom has plenty of budget. It's how they choose to allot those resources that bothers me.

Middleware powered quite a few PS2/Xbox/GC games. Shit, Renderware was everywhere back then. And Unreal can look amazing in the right hands (MK9 is a testament to that). The only problem I have with middleware is that it realistically should have brought development costs down, but companies aren't passing that on.

As for Capcom making a big 2D game, I had to file that dream away a long time ago. Would be nice, though. It took a while, but I'm definitely in the boat that SF4 visually is just goofy-looking. I'd rather have something similar to how MvC3 looked. Capcom did a good job on that and none of the women in it have large man-hands.