Does Super MVS to AES convertor II (IN NEO STORE) work with 161 in 1's?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Did you google any of that? or search the forums. There's a few posts/threads that will definitely give you your answer plus a lot more.

Some individuals had to bridge pins with theirs, so it all depends on the model.

Phantom 1 upgrade works quite well with 161 for example.

Last edited:

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Did you google any of that? or search the forums. There's a few posts/threads that will definitely give you your answer plus a lot more.

Some individuals had to bridge pins with theirs, so it all depends on the model.

Phantom 1 upgrade works quite well with 161 for example.
Yeah, have spent the last few days on and off trying to find out if it does or not (asking here was a last resort) I can't find a solid answer anywhere. With Google/forum searches some results say yes with no issues, some people say only if it's a 2011 model, some people say you need to buy an additional AC adaptor for it and some say no, it doesn't work with multi carts and only officially licensed carts. Others say you need to modify (as you just stated) and there are SOOOO many AES to MVS converters that I really just get lost as I'm a very casual gamer. I was just hoping the one in the Neo store worked so I could buy it and play some Neo for the midwest gaming classic coming up :) It's just a lot of money for me to drop on a "maybe" if you know what I mean :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know that :)

sure thing. I also bought my converter from neostore. I wish I could remember more but it was a long time ago. damn sure it worked though. I ended up selling my AES going with a cmvs because I liked the region switching on the unibios, and adding credits as opposed to the AES 4 credit limit on games. Also the scaling issues on the converter got to me a little bit as well.

anywho good luck with your setup CC:)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Razoola has something to do with a converter with unibios and at least less scaling issues.

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
I'm shocked nobody here knows if these work for sure or not? Unless it's one of those "noob" questions nobody wants to answer (likely) but you would think since I would be supporting the Neo Store (by purchasing one from them) somebody could chime in with more than a maybe and possibly a link? Well, off to do another random internet search, lol.

darimi79

n00b
I got my magic-key converter today with 161 in 1. but most of the "zoom-in" games have scaling issues. mine is the old model 5V3A Neogeo, and i am pretty much disappointed.

darimi79

n00b
I received an e-mail from ic2005 for update instrucation and another shipment that includes updating usb kit. I was able to update converter firmware(?) and now there is no scaling glitches. Seems mine was manufactured but not upgraded to newest firmware in the first hand. Now i am pretty much satisfied.

darimi79

n00b
I got my magic-key converter today with 161 in 1. but most of the "zoom-in" games have scaling issues. mine is the old model 5V3A Neogeo, and i am pretty much disappointed.

I received an e-mail from ic2005 for update instrucation and another shipment that includes updating usb kit. I was able to update converter firmware(?) and now there is no scaling glitches. Seems mine was manufactured but not upgraded to newest firmware in the first hand. Now i am pretty much satisfied.