Tommo Delivers.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Tommo Announces NEOGEO X Classics for the NEOGEO X™
15 New Games, System Update, Game Case and More Coming This Spring
Los Angeles, CA - February 21, 2013 - Tommo Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today announced, after a successful launch of the NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition, their plans to release 15 new titles for the NEOGEO X. Starting in April, Tommo will release NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I, the first in a series of NEOGEO X Classics Games Cards made exclusively for use with the NEOGEO X Handheld entertainment system.

NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I will blasts onto North American retail shelves in late April 2013, and will dazzle action fans with shoot 'em up classics METAL SLUG, SENGOKU, and TOP HUNTER, all on one NEOGEO X Game Card!

Full listing of titles for NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I-V:

ART OF FIGHTING 3
BLAZING STAR
BREAKERS REVENGE
FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
THE LAST BLADE 2
METAL SLUG 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SHOCK TROOPERS
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
TOP HUNTER
WORLD HEROES JET

In addition to these amazing classic NEOGEO AES games, Tommo will be including the "ROCKET" High-speed Data Transfer and Charging Travel Cable, at no additional cost, with each copy of NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V.

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X and having, most importantly, listened to customer feedback, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I. More details on the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 will be released in the weeks to come. And because the fans asked for it, a NEOGEO X Travel Case is also in development, and is scheduled for release in April 2013.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Wonder the price of 3 games per card, I am hoping something like 20 max.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
This news absolutely made my day. It feels good to have my faith rewarded!

Mishran

New Challenger
Decent selection of games. 3 games per card, if includes a nice case and at least some sort of documentation is worth a $30 price tag at most. Unfortunate we have to wait until the first release to see an update to the firmware though. Here's hoping we will see appropriate fixes in HDMI, sound issues, etc. as well as the memory card functionality in the first update.

There are several games in that list I'd like to have on the NGX, so I'm happy to see this news!

I'll likely be buying all the cards.

I still want Crossed Swords, Neo Turf Masters and Magical Drop 3 though darn it.

Mishran

New Challenger
"blasts onto North American retail shelves in late April 2013"

So are the Handheld and game cards going to be available in brick and mortar stores too? Seems weird since the Gold bundle was online only.

I still want Crossed Swords, Neo Turf Masters and Magical Drop 3 though darn it.
Hell, how about Crossed Swords 2 or Brikinger? Windjammers should be on that list. Perhaps later on it'll get added.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Good to hear things worked out. A pretty decent list of games, hope they keep this up.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Very nice selection of fighters and Blazing Star, Metal Slug 2, and Shock Troopers for good measure. Also for everyone that liked Super Sidekicks at launch, Super Sidekicks 3 is leaps and bounds ahead of the first game.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Now I'm just waiting for broken to come in with the haterade in this thread also.

Neopolitan

n00b
Finally, we get some idea of how games will be sold. I thought surely they would continue with 1 ROM per card. Even at 3 or 4 per card, I can't see paying over $30. TOMMO BLASTS IN YOUR FACE!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm happy about the firmware update more then anything. If they seriously address all the previous issues or at least most of them, I'll be happy.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Am I the only one reading this as they are going to be putting the firmware update on the game card? I hope that isn't the case. That means you're essentially having to pay to fix their problems.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Good news but far from "delivered". I hope they keep their word. It would be good if they redid the software completely.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Am I the only one reading this as they are going to be putting the firmware update on the game card? I hope that isn't the case. That means you're essentially having to pay to fix their problems.

No, you're right in reading it like that. In response to questions on the FB page, they confirmed the update is on the card. Nintendo did the same thing with a number of their games, and I've had the same experience with Sony too, so I'm not bugged. I'm buying it anyway, so I'll be happy for the update no matter how I get it. At least it's coming with games, too and not being charged for the update and nothing more!

Besides, with no network or wifi connectivity, there's not a lot of avenues left to get us the update that wouldn't require us to purchase something else anyway, be it a game, or a data cable. But instead, we get both!

Last edited:

Neo x

War Room Troll
Tommo laughs with us, in all of the haters faces that called us fucking idiots for buying it. I feel like whacking off, so I'm Gunna.

Neo x

War Room Troll
I can't wait to play all of those sweet games on my genuine snk neo geo x gold. Many games of which will only be played by holders of the snk neo geo x.