Neogeo Homebrew Time's UP

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
So were those the last MVS ones or are you going to do another batch?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I want the AES version but, i understand the circumstances w/ the cart shells. Can you guys work something out w/ shadowkn55? He is in the process of developing AES cart shells. :D

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
I want the AES version but, i understand the circumstances w/ the cart shells. Can you guys work something out w/ shadowkn55? He is in the process of developing AES cart shells. :D
I also asked for an AES cart but they don't have them. I offer to pay for the chips to avoid the cost/time of sending a donor cart over and back again but I guess they took it in a wrong way which is OK. Lastly I did requested an MVS kit to settle in my cab but never got a reply. The game looks like a lot of fun and don't want to miss out but Cel. and his team should really put up to the demand, otherwise it feels like teasing.

CeL

n00b
We have no more AES/MVS.

We made :
- 10 AES
- 20 MVS
- 100 CD

We still have ~= 50 CD

CeL

n00b
You made 10 AES? I thought you said you wouldn't?

Yes I did before I opened this thread. I sold them even before we finished the game. On these 10 AES I managed to kill only 5 AES witch is still too much. I won't use sac cart anymore, it's my choice, I won't change my mind.
Concerning sending the ROMS files/chips, I can't just send them. I know someone will dump the game and share it one day, but it is not fair for those who bought the game.
It is not a problem of earning more money by making more cartridges, it's a small game, we planed to release a few cartridges, we sold them, that's it.

I know at least 3 persons/firms who work on MVS/AES PCBs. If there's a possibility to put our game on them, why not.

We'll make it different for the next project.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
hey congrats on the game i hope u pump some more out in the future. good to see love for this

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I know at least 3 persons/firms who work on MVS/AES PCBs. If there's a possibility to put our game on them, why not.
Yeah custom pcbs are the way to go. As did NGDEV do too. Still you have to afford it cause it will cost some money just for a few pcbs.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I received the game today. Packaging and all looks great. Going to play the game tonight. Thanks CeL!

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
I still think its easier to get a chip kit but apparently CeL is against that.
I am in to send the cart as well, in my case an AES duplicate I have. I also have a spare MVS that has some pirate rayguy chips but authentic SNK boards.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I'd venture to say CeL is interested in selling the remaining cd's only. roms are up on redarmor.net

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
That's what I don't get, if the rom is open, why worry about sending a chip set with art?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Already!?

I'd venture to say CeL is interested in selling the remaining cd's only. roms are up on redarmor.net

Dude,
If they only had like a dozen carts made and sent out, and the rom is already available, then they really need to look at the pool of initial buyers that had the privilege of pre-buying the carts before everybody. If they were mostly close friends and good contacts, wow, better recheck your list and rethink your friends.

Very sad indeed.

EDIT: The home cart box they made for the game has an insert that says 80 megs, but the rom set on that site totals to 114 megs.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Dude,
If they only had like a dozen carts made and sent out, and the rom is already available, then they really need to look at the pool of initial buyers that had the privilege of pre-buying the carts before everybody. If they were mostly close friends and good contacts, wow, better recheck your list and rethink your friends.

Very sad indeed.

They are hosting the rom themselves.. lol calm down

The availability of a rom isn't gonna slow down purchases of physical copies.. look how active the neo selling forum is.

It's been finished since November 2012, redarmor.net (linked in CeL's sig) is in French so, I'm probably not the only person who hasn't heard of its completion until now. I'd like a copy on MVS & in the mean while I will try to load the rom.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
The availability of a rom isn't gonna slow down purchases of physical copies.. look how active the neo selling forum is.

Maybe among the regular crowd of collectors and gamers, your right.
And even among the do it yourself guys, it might also not matter IF there were physical cartridges available to purchase.

However that is the problem, there are no cartridges available to purchase. It's a bad combination. No carts available to buy, but the rom is freely available.
Those individuals will now just build their own carts rather then buy one. (hell they cannot even buy one if they wanted to as it is "Sold out"! lol)
So people will now just build their own cart as a result of that, so how can you say this does not slow down the purchases? Hell the purchases are over for that matter.

Neogeomaniac67

New Challenger
Received my game today, Thanks. Fast shipping and it was packaged great. No worries if you paid by gift. Can't wait to give it a try when I have a day off. Thanks again!

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
CeL,
Any way to make game tougher for player 1 or 2? To make game harder for better player in vs. mode.

Game is a bunch of fun with two players.

CeL

n00b
The roms available on my web site is a demo released in august.
The demo contains 2 characters and the complete first stage for both single and versus mode. Of course I can't share the roms and sell the cartridges, it doesn't make sens. Again the most important to me is that the guy who paid 100€ his MVS Kit + extremly high shipping cost does't think he could have made it himsef.

Here is a google translation of the demo page.
For those who will test the demo, keep in mind that it is not the final gameplay, for example, there is no chain/scoring system in single and no bonus keeping in versus.

CeL,
Any way to make game tougher for player 1 or 2? To make game harder for better player in vs. mode.

Game is a bunch of fun with two players.
Hey thanks for the feedback, you mean one difficulty level for player 1 and another one for player 2? No we didn't make it, we didn't even think of it, the difficulty level is for both payer 1 and 2. It could be a good idea.

Last edited: