Neogeo Homebrew Time's UP

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Theres a speedball fan on the ngf team it would seem ;)

CeL

n00b
Thanks everyone for the messages and the PMs.
For the moment all the mvs Kits are sold out. I'll let you know if someone change his mind and if a kit become available.

For the question about the spinecard, here are some photos:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1144/supmp.jpg
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/681618P1070010.jpg
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/405395P10700011.jpg
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/836063P10700012.jpg

The spine will be in the package but you will have to cut it with a ruler and a cutter
embarrassed-smiley62.gif

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
awww -.- I missed my chance on a MVS cart of this...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
awww -.- I missed my chance on a MVS cart of this...

Same here, although I wasn't really willing to drop $175 on a homebrew game until extremely positive reviews are in. Hopefully if there's a positive response, they'll do another run.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Compared to 400 euros NG Dev charges per game it may be considered a bargain.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
They wanted me to send gift only so I passed (not knowing this person).

So, an MVS should be available now.

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
Great game especially with two players :buttrock:

PS: You can buy with confidence, Cel is not a scammer!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Compared to 400 euros NG Dev charges per game it may be considered a bargain.

No offence to NGF but this game is no where near what NGDEV does. Even they have admitted that.

Buy and NGDEV game (MVS or AES) and it is worth double what you paid for it after 2 months. Sounds like a bargain to me.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I think the concept is great and rather impressive, I assumed you probably used PROG and CHA256 boards like PANG for this title when making the MVS carts. right?

My concern is the material used (not the hardware), but the choice of characters, etc., I would have preferred something that is "cute" to have a more sensible enemy/purpose, or to go all "future-like" and do a typical shoot'em up.

But over-all congrats guys/girls ;), if there are any.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks everyone for the messages and the PMs.
For the moment all the mvs Kits are sold out. I'll let you know if someone change his mind and if a kit become available.

How long will it take to ship Time's Up MVS kit to US?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No offence to NGF but this game is no where near what NGDEV does. Even they have admitted that.

Buy and NGDEV game (MVS or AES) and it is worth double what you paid for it after 2 months. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Or 3-5 times as much 6 months after it's out of print.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
After all that's what neo geo is about, how much the game is worth in the after market.

CeL

n00b
I've sent the tracking informations to everyone and answered to all PMs

Concerning the gift thing, I'm sorry I didn't understand the real problem.
I asked this because there's no fees in france that way neither for seller nor the buyer. Maybe it is different in other countries.
Someone took time to explain the problem to me: I could take the money and send nothing or just disappear.
And as it is a gift there are no possibilities to have your money back in case of problem.
I won't ask/accept gift anymore, I understand the risk.
For those who have already paid that way, if there's a problem with the cartridge I won't disappear :)
For example the 10 first cartridges has a sound bug because the MVS hasn't been tested on a real MVS slot but on an AES+MVS ConverterII, bad idea.
I bought a MVS slot, I recall the 10 cartridges, fix them and resend them, I paid the shipping cost for the return and the re-send.

For the comparison with NG: Dev Team, I have no problem with that, we know that we are not at their level but we are still proud of our little game. It is my second game and only our 1st game as a team.
We tested it in PvP many times and what makes us really proud of it, is that the game is fun. Put the game in your arcade cabinet, ask a friend to play against you, I bet you'll smile :)

Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
if some don't want paid with gift, why he could not take the fees in charge ?
for information i paid in gift and i have the CD game

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
For the comparison with NG: Dev Team, I have no problem with that, we know that we are not at their level but we are still proud of our little game. It is my second game and only our 1st game as a team.
We tested it in PvP many times and what makes us really proud of it, is that the game is fun. Put the game in your arcade cabinet, ask a friend to play against you, I bet you'll smile :)
And proud you should be! Even in the vid the gameplay looks fun.