Neogeo Homebrew Time's UP

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd love to see a full review with a bunch of screenshots.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i dont know how the hell i missed this. but i messaged about a cd copy.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
CeL,
How does FAST and SLOW work? Do you have to collect all letters in the word or just a single letter?

It seems like all the payers have similar capabilities, does that sound right? Any variance in them, such as one getting more no blocks, and another getting more shields?

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
single letter makes FAST (your character) or SLOW (enemy).

I got to end on Kids level :)

Game is simple, but fun. My wife wanted to play it again tonight. I can't say that for many video games.

Idea is to shoot bad guys and not get hit or run into boxes/floppy disc/etc, else you lose a heart - lose 6 hearts and game is over. You can get hearts and power ups along the way.

In single player mode after awhile you go to new level with different video game themes. After 4 or 5 levels you win game.

Demo really represents the game, so use that to judge if you should buy it.

Last edited:

CeL

n00b
Kids level is really easy :)
Yes, the FAST increase you speed and SLOW slow down your opponent is VS mode and give you more points in solo mode.
That capabilities are the same but hit box change.
So if you finish the game in "NGF" mode with the neogeoCD ship then you beat the game in the hardest mode. It won't be easy but it is possible.

In versus mode, each time the game loop the enemies have more and more lives.
The best we managed to reach is loop 5.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
A7460E4C-7F07-4426-999B-6FC1F2130F46-4761-00000967D7D09D23_zpsa4ffbfb9.jpg

well, that was unbelievably fast.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
just out of curiosity, would any of these homebrew mvs carts work with a daedalus?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
From the teaser video i can say it reminds me of the old shoot em up construction kit on Comodore 64 and Amiga.
You could do the same kind of game with it. It was kinda easy but the gaphics where kinda hard if you not so talented with computer graphics.
Anyway still looks very nice, if the graphics improve more they could actually sell the next games for big money.
Anyway awesome work to the creators !

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
We have no more AES/MVS.

We made :
- 10 AES
- 20 MVS
- 100 CD

We still have ~= 50 CD

Cel-

I just watched your video of the game again and damn man, you guys should really make some more MVS copies! Have you seen shadowkn55's post about new MVS cart shells:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?242810-Omega-MVS-Cartridge-Shells-Kickstarter-Now-Live!

Your game would look great in one of these, not to mention the fact that you would make a ton of us that missed it extremely happy. I'm sure you got plenty of requests (I know I sent one) for extra copies.

I'm sure if you made a post asking for people's interest in another MVS run you'd get a pretty good idea of how many more copies you could sell.

I hope you consider it.

cage76

n00b
yes you can order a copy via PM, send me your address to calculate the shipping cost then I send you the total.
I want to buy time's up e neo pang for neogeocd, how can i place the roder ?