Neogeo Homebrew Time's UP

CeL

n00b
Hi,

A little message to share our little neogeo homebrew game.
We tried to pay homage to our gaming past.
Orginally the game has been made to be played in player versus player but at the end of the dev cycle, we added a story mode, a scoring system with 3 difficulty levels.

Please consider it, as a little homebrew made by 3 guys:
- amigatari for the sprites
- max330mega for the musics
- and myself for the code.
We don't have NG: DEV Team skills yet neither for the coding parts nor for the hardware part.
But we will try to do better for the next projects.

We used Neobitz's great tools and after maybe one(two?) hundred emails later(sorry Jeff ;)), we finally finished the game. We also released some cartridges and 100CDs.

Something important for us: No MVS cartrigdes Were Harmed :)
We have a few "blank" MVS around 4 or 5. We can sell some CDs.

Here are some pics and a little video:
CD / MVS / AES

Video CeL vs AMIGATARI:

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
At first I thought the thread meant times up for these home brew games, nice effort, the guy in the cloak has spidermans face :)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
What are the prices BTW for the mvs kit and the AES and are they made to order or just a set amount ? thanks.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Is that "enemy" block in the minute 3:45 a reference to NGF? ;)
Seems to be fun. Great job. Price?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
SNK's coding was green when they first started BUT their sprites and art / illustrations made up for what was lacking under the hood.
We can go all the way back to Atari 2600.The illustration on the cover and label of the cart was the HYPE even though the games really didn't have much to them. Bring it on the level of NEO GEO, Ganryu is a game that comes to mind.
BB

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Looks like a lot of work went into that; really good job there and very professional looking kits as well.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wow, this looks cool guys. What's the word on pricing and availability of AES?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Tetris meets Twinkle Star Sprites - I like. I'd be down for an MVS kit depending on the price.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yeah. I'm interested in what you're looking to price it all at as well :)

Excellent work on your homebrew game. Very much reminds me of Twinkle Star Sprites meets an Easy Mode Tetris ;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The character from Shadow of the Beast is playable? Talk about obscure.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I would like to understand the opening title and the NGF graphics in-game.

NGF has not had anything to do with this game, and it is an interesting choice of lettering and wording.

My preference would be a disclaimer in the paperwork and game regarding the game having no affiliation with NGF.

I think the game concept is a good one though, and as time goes on, the level of graphics will continue to improve for these homebrew games. Nice effort.

CeL

n00b
thanks for the replies :)

I forgot to explain where the game came from:
"NGF" is for "Neo Geo Fans", a french forum http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/. It is not "NeoGeoFreak" I should start with that, sorry.
Someone asked in 2010 on neogeofans(NGF for french users) if it was possible to make a hombrew on neogeo and 6 months later I finished Neopang(the ostrich pang ^^) alone. Two years later with Amigatari and Max330mega on the same forum we finished Time's UP.

For the price:
We sell the CD 15€ + shipping cost(maybe 9€ depending on the destination)
The MVS is 100€ + shipping cost

the MVS Kit contains :
- The MVS cartridge
- The MVS carton box
- an additional MVS cartridge sticker
- a sticker for the carton box
- the mini-marquee
- the flyer
- the insert (for shockbox)
As an example shipping cost is high : 30€ france->US.

We can't make AES anymore as we don't want to kill cartridges. We asked people for dead cartridges and to the guys how made conversion to give/sell us their old MVS pcb. This is how we managed not to kill some cartridges.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I really like the backgrounds, especially the Bubble Bobble that flowed into Donkey Kong.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would like to understand the opening title and the NGF graphics in-game.

NGF has not had anything to do with this game, and it is an interesting choice of lettering and wording.

My preference would be a disclaimer in the paperwork and game regarding the game having no affiliation with NGF.

I think the game concept is a good one though, and as time goes on, the level of graphics will continue to improve for these homebrew games. Nice effort.

NGF is Neo Geo Fans. They don't need any disclaimer.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That actually looks really good, I thought something else when I read the thread title. Impressive and looks like it would be fun to add to my collection down the road, most likely the CD version. Great work.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This looks ok but I'm kinda taking the NightmareTony stance of I'd like to see some homebrew games that arn't shooters, Action, or fighting games. :|