Rev2 couldnt pass sequence 1

purple

Geese's Thug
Has anyone know if the rev2 power requirements are different? I swapped my rev1 io board with rev2 io and it couldn't pass sequence 1 at boot up. I'm using old arcade psu which i replaced all caps but all other boards are also working fine with this psu. rev1 was also giving me this error but after i replaced the psu to that i'm now using its working fine. i'm going to try with atx psu soon but any advice would be good.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
have a multimeter? I would check to see how much juice it's getting.

purple

Geese's Thug
have a multimeter? I would check to see how much juice it's getting.
I have but still dont know how to use properly. I inserted the black cable to COM port and red to 20A, switched to current setting, tested from psu +5v and noticed that red wire becomes very hot then i abandon. Can you point me somewhere that i can learn how to measure arcade board current properly?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I have but still dont know how to use properly. I inserted the black cable to COM port and red to 20A, switched to current setting, tested from psu +5v and noticed that red wire becomes very hot then i abandon. Can you point me somewhere that i can learn how to measure arcade board current properly?

touch your ground [blk] wire to a ground pin on the board while it's plugged in, and touch the red one to your +5 pin. Check voltage. You shouldn't be getting heat afaik.

purple

Geese's Thug
well i purchased new wei-ya 15a psu tried adjusting 5v etc and still same. i dont know whats wrong with it, maybe it needs -5v? or mysterious extra +5v like rev1 boards? as other boards are all working i assume its not about ampere. also as its rev2 board it should boot all games right?

according to wiki
''correctly powered boards will display a blue screen with white text as the board and game boot up. If not powered properly, only a blue screen will be displayed''

i can see blue screen and stuck on sequence1, what the hell is going on here? i started to think its faulty. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: i put rev1 io chip (big one) to rev2 and it boots fine but picture was too noisy, then i inspected the board and found one of the big 1000uf 16v cap near to power connector is bent very bad and replaced it. i dont know if it make any difference but it still cannot pass seq1. maybe the board damaged during shipping and i powered it like that and so it made permanent damage to something else? like io chip itself?

Last edited:

were8kosh

Rugal's Thug
15 Year Member
going of memory my rev2 i just plugged in to my jamma and it works.
dont quote me on this but i thought the rev1 took extra +5v line while the rev2 just plug in and play.

and ya i can play all 4 fighters on rev2. not played the others games tho

just remembered i think the rev2 has a switch on it to go from mvs/jamma

been years since i looked at mine so just going off top of my head
feel bad for you man i really love mine and the games just feel so damn cool to hold and look at.

lol i also just remembered i think the driving or gun games had boards you could only used on them. maybe you got one of them and trying to use a fighter game on it?

Last edited:

purple

Geese's Thug
yes it has mvs/jamma switch and mono/stereo, both works fine with swapped io chip, but with noisy video . i didn't know rev2 boards have different types, i bought it because i didnt want to experience problems in my future game purchases. what happens if you got buriki and your rev1 board does not boot? you will need new board sure..since i have one working setup with ss2 (its working at the backround while im typing :)) i beleive the io chip of it should be rev1 fighter board or korean board. how can i know if ihave gun or driving rev2?

Last edited:

were8kosh

Rugal's Thug
15 Year Member
send a pm to Xian Xi here on the forums. im pretty sure hes messed with most of these boards and could give you the best info.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are all 4 connections on the JAMMA edge with +5v?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's most likely a connection issue or you need to use the additional harness for the +5v to the back. If it's getting to the blue screen then it is getting proper power and if it boots at all then the +12v is fine since the relay kicked on.

What game are you testing with?

purple

Geese's Thug
its samsho warriors rage, rev2 power jumper cable is different than rev1 which have extra +5v connector and rev1 cable doesnt fit rev2, what do you mean by +5v to the back?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
its samsho warriors rage, rev2 power jumper cable is different than rev1 which have extra +5v connector and rev1 cable doesnt fit rev2, what do you mean by +5v to the back?

Damn, I don't have a Rev 1 anymore, just a Rev 2. From what I remember it's just a straight swap.

But just to confirm, the Rev 1 worked fine prior to the swap, correct? After the swap to Rev2 IO it doesn't get passed Sequence 1 which usually means it can't read the program. I'll check my Rev2 if I see anything out of the ordinary.

As for the power, you need at least 3.5 amps on the +5v so if you used an ATX that should be no problem.

purple

Geese's Thug
im changing io boards, when i replace rev1 board with rev2 seq1 cannot pass, but im also changing io chips and when i replace rev2 io chip with rev1 io chip it boots but with noisy video. so rev2 with rev2 io chip is not working.

here is the rev1 cable.

here is the pins

this is rev2 cable

and the pins

this is io chip of rev2

this is io chip of rev1

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The last thing you can try is clearing the backup ram. I'm not sure if you can do it in the test menu, if not just remove the battery for a bit.

purple

Geese's Thug
The last thing you can try is clearing the backup ram. I'm not sure if you can do it in the test menu, if not just remove the battery for a bit.
since rev2 is not booting with rev2 io chip, im going to swap chips boot the game and clear ram right?

purple

Geese's Thug
i tried that too, no chance. rev2 io chip also works on rev1. im really confused at this point, im giving up. if onyone have solution for this i'll be here. thanks for everyone helped.