The official Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 3D reboot thread (5.16.14)

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Just ordered tickets for opening night on the best IMAX screen around. Should be a fun time.

On a related note, the same organization that runs our annual international film festival is playing some older kaiju movies. I'm going to go see Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack which is featuring a Godzilla-themed burlesque show before hand. I am... confused. You can see NSFW photos here:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
NSFW, meaning, if you're at work and had a big lunch.

BLHARG.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
That is the least sexy thing I've seen in quite a while.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
From those costumes you'd think they were playing The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Featurette

IMAX poster

tb7Iid8.jpg

Steve

The Wonder Years,
VERY NICE. My anticipation for this movie just jumped a millionfold.

Man, I am so pumped for May 16. Actually gonna catch a Thursday night showing the night before... so we're about 20 days away! I had faith in this movie from the get go, and I love how with each passing month that faith grows stronger and stronger, both for myself and everyone else. Anyone who is still legitimately concerned about this new Godzilla film BECAUSE of Godzilla 1998, I feel sorry for them. '98 has no bearing on this film. Just looking at the clips and hearing the director you can tell this was his love letter to Godzilla and the big guy is undoubtedly back and better than ever.

Predicting the sequel right now. This film is going to make a killing at the box office when all global considerations are tallied. The amount it's going to make in Japan and China alone are insane.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope my local mock-IMAX (They say it's IMAX but it's not as big as the one's in New York City) theater will have the special posters. I lucked out and got a couple of the Pacific Rim posters a week after it came out. I wanna have that framed next to the special Pacific Rom one.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Just found out a butt-load of Godzilla Blu-Rays are going to be released in a dew days. Any of you guys know if they're worth picking up?
The things that matter to me are: Good picture quality, widescreen, and dual languages.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Just found out a butt-load of Godzilla Blu-Rays are going to be released in a dew days. Any of you guys know if they're worth picking up?
The things that matter to me are: Good picture quality, widescreen, and dual languages.

Good news is that they are supposedly widescreen and dual language. Bad news is that supposedly, they are the same US cuts of the movies that were on the previous DVD releases, and yes, there are some differences between versions. Although in some cases, I think the differences might only be in title sequences.

But DEFINITELY pick up the vs. Biolante blu ray if you haven't already. It's super-cheap now, and it's amazing.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Also, check out the Asia trailer. More than a couple bits we haven't seen before. Including a much better look at the other monster...

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
But DEFINITELY pick up the vs. Biolante blu ray if you haven't already. It's super-cheap now, and it's amazing.

I got that one around the time it was released. It was pretty cheap back then. I also got Godzilla Criterion BR pretty cheap too.
Guess I'm going to have to bite and pre-order the newest BR releases.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The original Japanese version of the movie is still an amazing work of art to me. Its themes and concepts are still so very effective, even 60 years (!) later.

I used to have the Gojira rerelease on DVD from a few years back but I got rid of it during a loot culling. I figured Id' never watch it again. Now I'm starting to feel that it belongs in my collection of essential movies to own.

I am practically clawing at the calendar for time to pass. I really want to see this new movie.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The original Japanese version of the movie is still an amazing work of art to me. Its themes and concepts are still so very effective, even 60 years (!) later.

I used to have the Gojira rerelease on DVD from a few years back but I got rid of it during a loot culling. I figured Id' never watch it again. Now I'm starting to feel that it belongs in my collection of essential movies to own.

I am practically clawing at the calendar for time to pass. I really want to see this new movie.
If you're looking to pick the original up again, get the Criterion release BD.