PS3 - anything worth playing on line?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Really? I only have just one game for it but finally have a good internet conection after I moved and want to find some good stuff to play on line.

I've got that newest Call of doodie game and can't stand it. It could have been a pretty okay game if it had just a few simple improvments but as it is I just can't stand playing it.

It would be nice to find a game I could plop down in front of for a hour or so at a time and not have the experience be based on the quality of whatever team you get put into.

Anyhow if anyone can list me a few that may be wroth buying I would be glad to hear about them. Most of the review sites I look at seem pretty one sided and not very helpfull so some actual advice from people who know games I think would be better than what I've found on my own.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
kof 13, of course.

I like and respect you sir, but I must advise against this.... I mean definitely buy and love this awesome game, but if you have any standards in netcode do not buy it expecting to have fun online :(

I think it's actually the only big fighting game at the moment that is really unplayable online to me :( which is extremely sad as it is actually the one game I wanted to play most.

edit: and to offset the large amount of games with no online play at all being suggested....

I really dug uncharted 2 for awhile online, uncharted 3 looks to have kept that series going well.

battlefield 3 was fun for me for awhile, I'm sure most would prefer the pc version, but my pc sucks and I'm not hardcore, I love that I can kick some ass in console FPS games and not have to practice my ass off to do so. To most, the scene with the lower skill level is the inferior, to me it just means less commitment :)

virtua fighter 5 final showdown is a amazing deal for the money and thankfully you can still get consistent ranked matches at any hour. The netcode is among the best IMO and I've played people in korea and japan from my home in canada with more playable connections than playing KOFXIII with a friend down the street :(

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
There are probably LOADS of games worth playing online for PS3. Pretty much anything I'd imagine. Bit of a loaded question tbh.

No recommendations here though. I really can't be arsed playing games online...

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
VF5 FS (I should take my own advice and get on and play more often)

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
I guess I just overlooked deadspace and masseffect as I thought they didn't have any online play. I'm going to look into battlefield as well. As far as VF goes the last one I played was the very first one in the arcade some many years ago. I'm not so hot at fighting games, aside from Samurai Showdown II.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Okay just got back from game stop. Got that battlefield game, didn't see the kof or virtua fighter there. Did look at that Journey game and it had like nothing to do with the band. Kind of a let down there but still. maybe I'll try it next time.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Okay just got back from game stop. Got that battlefield game, didn't see the kof or virtua fighter there. Did look at that Journey game and it had like nothing to do with the band. Kind of a let down there but still. maybe I'll try it next time.
Virtua Fighter 5 FS (the one you want, as opposed to 'just' VF5) is a download only title, but definitely well worth the price of admission. Shame it never received a full retail release to be honest, especially as pretty much ALL other fighting games still tend to bother...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm starting to really enjoy Modnation Racers. Kart style racer but really fun and lots of online competition.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Playing fifa 12 only just managed to win the division 1 title twice
it's taken a year and a bit of bloody hard grafting and 2 broken controllers.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Max Payne 3 online I always enjoyed playing but since GTA 5 has come out the game has been neglected by me and definitely needs some love.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The most time i put into playing the PS3 online,was for dark souls.Lately it's been dragon's crown,vanillaware has been patching the game to make it more stable.When online play works on the PS3 it's great when it's not well.........:p

Camrox

n00b
Last of Us has apparently good multiplayer even though I tried it once. I usually just play fighters online like Persona 4 Arena or GTA V online. I'd say give some of those free to play games on PSN a try

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I really recommend Demons Souls and Dark Souls. Read up about them but the online is very special in these games. You are all alone if you wish but sometimes there is a need to call upon a gentle soul who will zone in and help you overcome amazing odds.
Sometimes there are invading souls that will come in at the worst times and hunt you like a dog.

Best series of the generation.

camperdarB

n00b
.Lately it's been dragon's crown,vanillaware has been patching the game to make it more stable.When online play works on the PS3 it's great when it's not well.........:p
Going to very heartily second this. Had been looking forward (and pre-ordered/paid in full) Dragon's Crown for a long time as I've always loved that style of retro fighter. Got over 100hrs of play out of it, most of that online. First PS3 game I bothered to Platinum in a couple years.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I second this vote for journey. Amazing game that is well thought out and the music is amazing! ;)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I really recommend Demons Souls and Dark Souls. Read up about them but the online is very special in these games. You are all alone if you wish but sometimes there is a need to call upon a gentle soul who will zone in and help you overcome amazing odds.
Sometimes there are invading souls that will come in at the worst times and hunt you like a dog.

Best series of the generation.

Amazing games.. looking forward to Dark Souls II!

Dragon's Crown is also incredible!

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Demon's and Dark Souls are great and will probably always have an online community.
VF5:FS is a fantastic game, but online is a little sparse these days.
Tekken Tag 2 has the best online code I've ever played. Although if you aren't a tekken veteran or don't spend a lot of time with it, expect to get your butt kicked online.
And I can't recommend Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed enough. It's fantastic. The Steam version is better, but this is good as well.