WTB: Original R-Type pcb

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've always regretted selling my r-type dedicated, so now I'm looking for the board. I want to play it again! Shoot me a PM if you have one and we can talk.

rtype1-ship.gif

Jacob

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks for the lookout man, I was eyeballing that one earlier today. It's from the uk though and shipping is going to cost a grip. I would prefer to get one from the mainland here, and from someone on the forums if at all possible. Fingers crossed, I know it's kind of unlikely.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Looks like its selling for 150-160 here so that one is pretty much in line of what it is now.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ah, didn't realize it was going for that much. If I can't get one from someone on here I'll probably just have to snap that one up. It makes me nervous thinking about it crossing the ocean and going through customs.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
the american boards dont supply sound from what I remember, the audio section is there but no components. American dedicated cabs had the audio built into the cabs, like a lot of older nintendo cabs did.

Japanese boards with the sound ready to rock are much more money and a lot harder to find.

Someone tell me if I am wrong here but thats what I remember.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
the american boards dont supply sound from what I remember, the audio section is there but no components. American dedicated cabs had the audio built into the cabs, like a lot of older nintendo cabs did.

Japanese boards with the sound ready to rock are much more money and a lot harder to find.

Someone tell me if I am wrong here but thats what I remember.

I had no idea, I definitely need audio. Thanks for the heads up! There's a dude 50 miles from me with a pretty nice looking original cab for 250, maybe that would be a better bet. I just don't have a truck or anything to pick it up with.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
I had no idea, I definitely need audio. Thanks for the heads up! There's a dude 50 miles from me with a pretty nice looking original cab for 250, maybe that would be a better bet. I just don't have a truck or anything to pick it up with.

You should find a way and buy it, I would. Today.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
$250 for a board, with a nice monitor, and a cab in decent condition is a buy.

And VBA is right on about the US JAMMA boards lacking some sound section parts. R-Type is a JAMMA board. When it was released in JAPAN, it was made to work in a JAMMA cab. But, when Nintendo licensed the board for Publication in the US in their Nintendo Cabs, they had to modify the sound section on the board to get it to work with the Nintendo cabs. (Nintendo Cabs already have Sound Amps located on the Monitors.) So, the makers rerouted the on-board sound section by removing three caps and adding a couple of wires to the R-Type board. The good news is the process is entirely reversible, and easy to do. All you do is remove one wire, and add the three missing caps and the board will be back to JAMMA sound again.

Last edited:

hjm123

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
the price is that low because it was converted from another irem pcb. the original pcb has a r type stamp on the middle board. I have a original one but want sell it for a low price like that. Just let me know if your still interested. I also have the manual for it.