360 DDP: SDJ Kan

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks like my order shipped from play-Asia today...buti chose the cheapo shipping method...so I probably won't get this for awhile :)

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I ordered the Super Limited, it looks great from the unboxing pics and vids that I have seen.
I might even play this one for longer than 15 minutes if I bother to open it.
I haven't really dug CAVE's release since Mushi.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Finally I played the game today for two hours. There are lots things and game options I can do. But I still feel something is missing from the previous series. For odd reason I still like DoDonpachi Daioujou better.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't really dig this game for now. I had to cut the annoying voices, remove the stupid dialogue side bars by changing the screen position and put back the real game volume all the way up to be able to focus on the gameplay properly. I shouldn't have to do this. This is a video game, not some anime with an optional video game in the background :S

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
They have announced a bunch of fixes for a patch coming soon. I know it's kind of silly to have to change the sound settings, but it's cave, I'm used to it by now. Also, in Tate there is no sidebars and the faces are primarily just in 360 mode.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I like the game, there is just too much shit going on, looks like a color changing firecracker having a seizure.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Glad you guys have a smooth transaction!!!

I was quite disappointed with those voice-over and other stuff. I thought I was playing digital novel game.....

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
you guys just give the game a few more days. you will be hooked. The game is amazing. i was also overwhelmed at the first then everything started to make sense.

Chempop

So I have to not bomb the stage 4 midboss and destroy all those orbiting parts first to get the 1UP... this should be fun lol

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I love the game so far. I got super close to a 1CC on 360 mode today. I definitely like Arcade HD mode more though.

Did anyone else noticed that the Stage 1 song is an homage to Battle Garrega's "Fly to the Leaden Sky?" It's easier to hear on the Arcade mode as opposed to the remixed version on 360 mode.

Anyone else having an issue where you can't input your initials for high scores? Mine all just say CAV.

Chempop

There is no initial-inputs for scoreboard :(

I love it too now that I'm pretty much used to all the neon and can keep track of my ship. Stage 4 is rough though.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Ok, at the risk of asking the obvious, to clarify the xbox version does have an option to remove the talking girl, right? I might actually consider the game in that case. DFK's transformer school girls almost made me puke.

Chempop

You can adjust the volume of the voices yes. In ArcadeHD and 1.5 modes you will still see a little face in the corner of the screen occasionally.
In 360 mode you can actually play in tate which so no need to worry about this:
Dodonpachi_Saidaioujou_Regular_Edition_290315.4.jpg

The one thing about voices that is important is that the operator tell you "Hyper ready!" when you get a hyper.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've been playing on my tate screen in both 360 and Arcade modes and haven't had those talking girls come up at all.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Yeah I was a lot happier with 360 mode once I found the voice volume setting. I don't care if they're trying to be all cute and submissive and end every sentence in "Mastaa~". Right now your Masta wants you to STFU!

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
played so much over the weekend...that now when i close my eyes, I'm seeing tiny pink and blue triangles crossing each other.