360 DDP: SDJ Kan

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
It's going to be a looooong month and a half. To bide our time, what are pepole's top three xbox360 CAVE titles?
Mine:
ESPGaluda2
Mushihimesama HD 1.5
Dodonpachi DOJ Blex

Slugger

Marked Wolf
so, it's confirmed, it's region free.

Oh boy, I´m in the verge of buying an used cheap 360 just for this. I really want to play it badly and now that it´s confirmed region free there aren´t any excuses to jump on the bandwagon. Must try to resist my urge...but how long that´s another question :loco:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
When Saidaioujou and Shooting Love 10th Anniversary come out this month, there will be 30 disc-based shmups for 360.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
:scratch:... If you like shmups there are so many reasons to own a 360 (like 13 other cave games :vik:)

I think I´ll buy a few region free cave games also if I get a 360. I do have all the ps2 cave games though. I´m planning to put some serious time on SDJ so I´ll be set at least the whole summer with only this game and some neo geo of course! Don´t have time to play everything nowdays.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
When Saidaioujou and Shooting Love 10th Anniversary come out this month, there will be 30 disc-based shmups for 360.

I dunno about shooting love but I'm psyched for this release.

Reg Edition for me though, I'm not a fan of them special overpriced OSTs.

Chempop

I'm pumped for the new Shooting Love, the revamped G-Stream/DeltaZeal should be really good.

As for SDOJ, I went for the throw all my money at cave SLE version of course. :loco:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I'm pumped for the new Shooting Love, the revamped G-Stream/DeltaZeal should be really good.

As for SDOJ, I went for the throw all my money at cave SLE version of course. :loco:

Never play shooting love series before. Is it good?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The two "Shooting Love" discs are collections of games by Triangle Service. The first disc contains Trizeal and Exzeal, and was released several years ago on 360. The second disc that releases on May 30th has XIIZeal (XII Stag?) and DeltaZeal (G-Stream?). Also note that Trizeal was also released on Dreamcast and PS2, and XII Stag was on PS2.

Triangle Service games are a bit of an acquired taste. Graphics are rather sub par if you're looking for something flashy to show off to friends, however the enemy and level designs are built around the scoring systems which makes scoreplay interesting.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The only shooting love I've owned is Trizeal on the Dreamcast.

Granted, I didn't put much time and/or energy into the game, but I found it incredibly boring. This was shortly after I got an import PS2 and the 4 Cave ports for that though...

Cave ruined me.

Trizeal left such a bad taste in my mouth, I never tried any of their other releases.

For the record, I also found the Milestone shmups pretty bad, which many folks seem to love...so maybe its just me.

Really, all I can play now are Cave and Raizing/8ing shmups...and a handful of neo ones...

Chempop

I'm entirely speculating on how DeltaZeal is going to turn out, I haven't played any Triangle service games lol. I know they have a mixed response from fans of the genre. G-Stream sounds way better than Trizeal or XIIStag, even though it was an earlier arcade release, the music, graphics, and gameplay, all seemed a bit stronger than the later releases.

For those confused, DeltaZeal is the G-Stream remake.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Coincidentally, I had an old order for Ginga Force and Caladrius that's been back ordered all month, which just shipped now. So I'm going to have a shump overload in another week. :)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Coincidentally, I had an old order for Ginga Force and Caladrius that's been back ordered all month, which just shipped now. So I'm going to have a shump overload in another week. :)

If you wait a bit then you'll get Ginga Force/Eschatos 2-in-1 instead....
I almost placed order for Ginga Force but glad I wait :)

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
been playing it for a while in 360 mode. game feels solid as predictable but i wish the color pallet was a bit warmer. also the girls (pilot) constant voice is annoying as hell.
Theres a shop where you can unlock/buy wallpapers and others stuff.thats cool.
Gonna dive on arcade mode.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
If you wait a bit then you'll get Ginga Force/Eschatos 2-in-1 instead....
I almost placed order for Ginga Force but glad I wait :)
I snagged Eschatos early on, so I'll let someone else claim a 2-in-1 set. I think the only disc-based shmups I'm missing for j360 are Shiki III and Senko Duo.

It sounds like some people are getting their Saidaioujou early? I thought the release date was the 30th? I'm not complaining though. :)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I snagged Eschatos early on, so I'll let someone else claim a 2-in-1 set. I think the only disc-based shmups I'm missing for j360 are Shiki III and Senko Duo.

It sounds like some people are getting their Saidaioujou early? I thought the release date was the 30th? I'm not complaining though. :)

Play-Asia sent my order yesterday so I'm assuming those venders get game before official release date?

I have a nice copy of senko duo but I rarely play it. Any interest?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Strangely enough I had to reorder the game as my preorder payment never went through...

Chempop

I just spoke with NCSX, they are expecting to ship their copies on Friday so I don't think I'll be playing this till next week.