360 DDP: SDJ Kan

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
How far you guys getting on Arcade HD mode? I just got the stage 4 1UP for the first time and almost got to stage 5. Of course, it will probably be another 30 tries before I even do that well again. Used Type C-L Auto-On btw.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
In Arcade i get to 3rd stage boss. i've been trying 1cc Novice (die on last boss) before i dive completely on Arcade. Also i died twice in Ibashi on 360 mode, so i couldn't 1 cc.

so it seems you can build up 7 hypers on stage 1.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Game is great, once you set the options right, everything else is butter smooth.

Would love a clean pixel low rez version but whatevs, I'll get a hold of the PCB sooner or later.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
All I can say so far is it makes my eyes hurt... is it me, or does it play differently to other DoDonpachi games?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I finally figured out what those coins are for last night (I kept scrolling past the shop assuming it was DLC stuff). Suddenly the slave ship in Raiden Fighters looks massive, lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All I can say so far is it makes my eyes hurt... is it me, or does it play differently to other DoDonpachi games?

I think it does play like the older pachis, at least more than DFK did, specially DoDon and Donpachi in the sense that the ships are all still there with pretty much the same attributes from the past. The DOJ dolls come back and are pretty much the same except Expert mode which Exy used to be expert mode but didn't increase the rank as high as the rank in "undies mode". Also having the dolls fixed to the ships is nice, it's just a better weapon system. Auto bomb sucks so hard, I wish they still had the bomb refill like Pachi. D ship FTMFW!

I was all about the undies but kept crashing like a noobster, once I figured it out it all made sense. Colors are fine, a little crazy but you get used to it the more you play. Too bad 2P doesn't get alternate colors or even dolls. 6 dolls would have been cool, specially 2 saucy ones like the red ship doll.

I'm all about Shasta Freedom!

I'm kinda regretting not getting the LE only 'cause the soundtrack is actually really good! Wanna shoot that sucker into my ipod yesterday! Fuck LE games though, their just not my thing. They just remind me of comic alternate covers...argh!

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Auto bomb sucks so hard, I wish they still had the bomb refill like Pachi. D ship FTMFW!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of autobomb. I don't think I'll be able to finish a 1CC without it though...

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i think i need to give this game a rest for 2 or 3 days...
i'm hitting a wall, playing for hours but not getting much better. The hit box feels so large...aaaahhhhhh

Chempop

I've hit several roadblocks and triumphed, no real walls yet. This is cave's hardest single loop game outside of Pink Sweets and Ultra modes, don't get too discouraged. Figure out solid routes that work for you, and quick-kill the threats that cause trouble.

Stage 2 boss - tricky patterns still mess me up a lot
Stage 3 midboss - give him a lvl 10 hyper and know when to nail the turrets that cancel bullets (get BOTH score extends in stage 3!!!)
Stage 4 midboss - very rarely do I get the ever-so-needed 1UP
Stage 4 boss - still have no idea what I'm doing here
Stage 5 - have only seen it once... it looks ugly

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I've hit several roadblocks and triumphed, no real walls yet. This is cave's hardest single loop game outside of Pink Sweets and Ultra modes, don't get too discouraged. Figure out solid routes that work for you, and quick-kill the threats that cause trouble.

Stage 2 boss - tricky patterns still mess me up a lot
Stage 3 midboss - give him a lvl 10 hyper and know when to nail the turrets that cancel bullets (get BOTH score extends in stage 3!!!)
Stage 4 midboss - very rarely do I get the ever-so-needed 1UP
Stage 4 boss - still have no idea what I'm doing here
Stage 5 - have only seen it once... it looks ugly

thanks man! playing the game in yoko is not helping. i never felt so much need to tate the screen like on this game. But its not possible for me right now.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
So what's the deal with Team Score Attack? I got some new high scores in that mode, but it didn't save them at all or let me save a replay (no options were changed, yes I'm really sure, it doesn't even let you change them in score attack). It just tosses the whole run to the team score and that's it?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member

Same here, I'm having some difficulty seeing stuff, so keep dying really stupidly, - though that may just be me getting old.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
haven't sunk too much time into SDOJ, but 1CCed novice with C-Laser after an embarrassing amount of runs (around 20+). Sunk a couple credits in arcade mode and barely got to stage 4. Pretty insane how CAVE upped the difficulty.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
It takes a while to get used to. Usually bright colored bullets help make them visible against a less colorful backdrop. Here however, everything is neon colored and shiny so bullets no longer stand out as much.

Also it doesn't help when there's a hyper box following behind you, and when lasering you have options sitting way in front of you. It's easy to "dodge" with the wrong sprite until you get used to it.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
that was one of my main issues ^ being able to hold the hitbox in my peripheral. There's so much around your ship that it's hard to get used to - plus I read on shmups that the hitbox is a bit bigger than most cave games.

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object
Got it today! Played for one hour this morning.....still bleeding from my eyes.....

Chempop

Gave novice a whirl with C-L-ON, 1CC first try (I'd have been very upset and maybe jumped out the window otherwise).

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Gave novice a whirl with C-L-ON, 1CC first try (I'd have been very upset and maybe jumped out the window otherwise).

lol

so the patch adds a restart option on Challenge mode. That´s great!no more tossed to the menu after failing a Challenge.

Chempop

Pretty insane how CAVE upped the difficulty

I'd say it's on par with Futari 1.5 Maniac, Ketsui, and Galuda2.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I had to take a week off, but I started back up today on 360 mode. I'm still getting to the end of level 5 and getting super close to killing the bee.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm playing it on my CRT, looks surprisingly good! I see they added the same feature to Guwange, pretty cool! The main screen looks way too big but whatevs, it does the job though.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I took a break but picked this back up yesterday. I killed the bee and then the girl came out. Fuck. Dunno if I can 1CC this anymore.