The Witcher 3

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I just started on PS4 and first burn them with fire like I did in skyrim, just had my first fight with humans and beheaded one and cleaved another one in halve .
I want bombs to close down lairs but don't yet know where to get them, in reality I'm pretty clueless yet about crafting, potions and what have you but I still enjoy the game .

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
CE and my R9 290 came in today, have some pics:
please excuse the anime figures.
1/2

tFKMOAal.jpg

PGmHNgxl.jpg

w8Hnukgl.jpg

hZVyR7hl.jpg

q98tJxnl.jpg

QebQWXal.jpg

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
2/2

The inside lid of the box has the signatures of everyone at CDPR.
The medallion is very nice quality. The metal is heavy and very sturdy.
The statue's face is a little off, but the rest of it is nice.
Gryphon's tail and Geralt's sword are removable and have nice steel rods in them to make it very sturdy.
The artbook is of great quality, and has some nice stuff inside.
Steelbook is very sturdy and has beautiful artwork on it. It holds 6 discs.

kGCXaMBl.jpg

vjpcF2Kl.jpg

DqDLHAMl.jpg

QpfLFool.jpg

dviDcDyl.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I received my PS4 CE two days ago and it's insane how big the box is. The Witcher 2 CE was huge too but not like this. All the other extras are awesome too.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've been loving that art book, and the artwork on the steelbook is aces; the statue was just a bonus for me. I'm getting the hang of the game now at about 5 hours in, and as expected, I've just gotten lost in the world. I haven't even fought the gryphon yet, but walking and riding through all these little hamlets, seeing people at work and kids at play, the stories they tell each other, and of course the depravity (people hanging from trees, forgotten battle grounds, etc.)...this game is an experience and the map has so much to discover.
A fun moment so far came when I was walking through a forest and happened upon wild horses. I caught one unawares that was grazing and tried to go for a ride just to get thrown off and nearly kicked in the face. After a few more tries, I had the idea to use the confusion spell on the horse and was surprised that it worked! It was funny trotting around on a horse with a confusion cloud around it's head :D

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
7 hours in and I'm still in the starting area, haven't fought the gryphon yet either. The completionist in me wants to finish all the unknown areas, points of power, and craft what I can before moving on. Finding the ingredients for bombs to close monster holes has been difficult though. Seems like none of the merchants, vendors, or blacksmiths carry the components at all.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not a huge pc gamer but I just upgraded my pc just to play this freakin game and I'm happy I did.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
After having played pretty much nonstop since Monday night except to eat, sleep for 4-5 hours a night and taking an hour each day or FF XIV to level some crafting, I'm just going to call this game what it is:

The best video game released in the last ten years.

It's better than Fallout.

It's better than Arkham.

It's better than Dragon Age.

It's better than Elder Scrolls.

CD Projekt Red has created a masterpiece.

Because of the open world elements, there are some minor visual glitches and occasional weirdness that I believe are part and parcel of any open world non-linear game these days.

In fact, I'm pretty much thinking it could be the greatest video game ever made. Something might finally displace Metal Gear Solid in my eyes.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Anybody who hasn't purchased the game yet interested in a copy? I preordered it from GOG, but then decided to buy a GTX 970, which includes a promo code for a free copy of the game. Happy to sell the promo code to someone at a reasonable discount off retail (I paid $48 for Witcher 3 after discounts for owning the prior two games, so I'm figuring that's a fair price, but I'm open to offers).

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bugs are quite bad. Three different game-breakers on PS4, at least one major one on XB1.

Terrible QA.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bugs are quite bad. Three different game-breakers on PS4, at least one major one on XB1.

Terrible QA.

I'm not seeing any game breaking bugs on PC. Just some weird graphical glitches once in a while, which are part and parcel for open world games like this, as sad as that may be to say.

They'll get patched.

The QA is actually pretty good for this game considering the breadth and scope of it. It's just so big that they missed a few things and no amount of playtesting could catch them all.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Since the latest PC patch it's running perfectly for me, had a few crashes with the previous patch.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
After having played pretty much nonstop since Monday night except to eat, sleep for 4-5 hours a night and taking an hour each day or FF XIV to level some crafting, I'm just going to call this game what it is:

The best video game released in the last ten years.

It's better than Fallout.

It's better than Arkham.

It's better than Dragon Age.

It's better than Elder Scrolls.

CD Projekt Red has created a masterpiece.

Because of the open world elements, there are some minor visual glitches and occasional weirdness that I believe are part and parcel of any open world non-linear game these days.

In fact, I'm pretty much thinking it could be the greatest video game ever made. Something might finally displace Metal Gear Solid in my eyes.
The last two Witcher games were already better than any of the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, or modern Fallout games. Witcher 3 is on an entirely different level.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Anybody who hasn't purchased the game yet interested in a copy? I preordered it from GOG, but then decided to buy a GTX 970, which includes a promo code for a free copy of the game. Happy to sell the promo code to someone at a reasonable discount off retail (I paid $48 for Witcher 3 after discounts for owning the prior two games, so I'm figuring that's a fair price, but I'm open to offers).

I purchased the gtx 970 as well. Have another one coming in on Tuesday. Going to try Sli for the first time. How do you like the card?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I will get this game eventually when I get my gaming pc up and running later on this year. I was a big fan of the first two and this one is looking like the most ambitious one yet.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
After eight hours I finally beat the gryphon and left the White Orchard starter zone. I've gotten a handle on the crafting and alchemy system. Game is pretty tough at normal difficulty, which is going to make beating the game at two difficulty levels higher (for the trophy/achievement) a real challenge. I haven't experienced any major bugs yet, and the only complaint I have is all the clipping issues your horse can have that make going full gallop across the countryside difficult.

Witcher III is the best game I've played so far this year, better than Bloodborne.

And Batman: Arkham Knight is less than a month away.

This might be the best spring season of gaming I've experienced in what...ten years?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm not seeing any game breaking bugs on PC. Just some weird graphical glitches once in a while, which are part and parcel for open world games like this, as sad as that may be to say.

They'll get patched.

The QA is actually pretty good for this game considering the breadth and scope of it. It's just so big that they missed a few things and no amount of playtesting could catch them all.

I know- it's the level of, um, badness of each bug that was making me go FUCK ME I guess. Not catching that passing in Gwent crashes the game was like, um, okay.

Game is very good, overall, though, no arguments there. The level of storytelling is really impressive and the combat is also really good. The openess of everything makes it feel a little like Skyrim at times.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm having issues getting stuck in stuff, like rocks and trees and such. It only happens in battle for some reason. It's driving me crazy.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I know- it's the level of, um, badness of each bug that was making me go FUCK ME I guess. Not catching that passing in Gwent crashes the game was like, um, okay.

Game is very good, overall, though, no arguments there. The level of storytelling is really impressive and the combat is also really good. The openess of everything makes it feel a little like Skyrim at times.

The Skyrim elements are probably because when they started developing the game, open world was the big thing.

But this game''s storytelling, characters and worldbuilding completely shit on Skyrim. This game follows one character as he travels through a world, and not just some random shmoe that gets in adventures. Geralt has his own storyline that is just as strong as everyone else's in this world, if not stronger. It's a real feat of creativity that they can take a character and stick you with him, rather than a blank slate type as in the Bethesda games, and he's just as fascinating as everything else going on.

Also, I LOVE that this game is the story CDPR wanted to tell. I don't see any instances of forced diversity or inclusion in it. If a woman is strong, it's because the story demands it and not to satisfy people that clamor for such things. When the story needs to be cruel to its characters, it pulls no punches. CDPR basically said 'This is the story we're telling. We're not catering to any of you fucks that want 'this or that' in a game. You can like it or you can suck it.' I love the 'no comprmise' attitude this game is showing.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Tech Tips for AMD GPU users:

Manually set the tessellation to x16 or x8.
For some super-retard reason, Nvidia Hairworks defaults at fucking x64, which makes hairworks KILL the framerate on most non-CUDA cards.

My 290 Tri-X OC can do Ultra on (just about) everything, full hairworks, with an 8x Tessellation setting. It's pretty great.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I purchased the gtx 970 as well. Have another one coming in on Tuesday. Going to try Sli for the first time. How do you like the card?

I just built a new mITX box from scratch for use as a console replacement/HTPC, so my focus is on maxed-out 1080p in my living room. Hopefully, the 970 is enough. The only gaming I've had time for since completing the build was a little Diablo 3. Hardly a challenge for this card; it looked fantastic with everything maxed out. I'm going to go through the first two Witcher games, take a breather with GTA V, then start Witcher 3.

An SLI rig is pretty sweet. Curious to see what kind of performance you get out if it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just built a new mITX box from scratch for use as a console replacement/HTPC, so my focus is on maxed-out 1080p in my living room. Hopefully, the 970 is enough. The only gaming I've had time for since completing the build was a little Diablo 3. Hardly a challenge for this card; it looked fantastic with everything maxed out. I'm going to go through the first two Witcher games, take a breather with GTA V, then start Witcher 3.

An SLI rig is pretty sweet. Curious to see what kind of performance you get out if it.

1080p is not a problem with this card. You should be fine running witcher 3 in ultra with this card. My monitor has a max res of 2560×1600 so I noticed a drop in fps running ultra settings. Installed the 2nd card yesterday and Witcher 3 is now running smooth as butter.

Remember to disable Nvidia Hairworks. I heard that really drops fps.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks like most of you guys are on PC, but for you console folks - are you playing on PS4 or Xbone? Is the xbone version less buggy?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
We're not catering to any of you fucks that want 'this or that' in a game. You can like it or you can suck it.' I love the 'no comprmise' attitude this game is showing.

Like a specific type in the LBGT community that continually goes around to any game that involves unions, relationships, and/or sex and demands you should be able to do anything with any gender or species? Cause screw what the creator wants their characters to be? I think your point with Skyrim hit the nail on the head regarding this. Its not some schmoe, Geralt likes women and even more specifically witches. Can be considered a fetish. Besides Sex isn't the main focus of the game anyway, its not a dating simulator.

Don't get me wrong I support the LBGT community but even most of my gay friends feel these pitchforks going after creative media with their agenda is stupid. It's all fantasy and the creative right of the authors/writers.

Last edited: