My AES collection.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Thanks. :)

I've made the decision to swap from AES to MVS though, and have just bought an Omega CMVS. Decision was mainly based on the fact that the last few AES games I want would cost thousands, and i'm just not prepared to pay it for them. (Or settle for conversions)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
And now I officially have my first ever CMVS. (With a shabby old NEO stick rehoused in to a NEO GEO X stick casing)

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Looks like you found good use for the neo X stick. Was that hard to do?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice.

you should upgrade that stick with some arcade buttons while you're at it ;)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Looks like you found good use for the neo X stick. Was that hard to do?

No, it took roughly 5 minutes. I know Tommo have lied about a lot of stuff, but the moulds being exactly the same for both sticks is true, every fixing point is in the exact same position etc. The plastics are definitely of a different grade, but other than that it's 100%. Worth keeping in mind if you want to freshen up an old stick, as i'm sure you'll be able to pick the X ones up cheap soon enough.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
No, it took roughly 5 minutes. I know Tommo have lied about a lot of stuff, but the moulds being exactly the same for both sticks is true, every fixing point is in the exact same position etc. The plastics are definitely of a different grade, but other than that it's 100%. Worth keeping in mind if you want to freshen up an old stick, as i'm sure you'll be able to pick the X ones up cheap soon enough.

Can you use the X stick and buttons but just change the internals?

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I'm not sure what the point of that would be mate, probably best to retain the parts from the original stick i'd say. The original has disconnectable boards, i'm sure all the bits in the X stick when I stripped it down were soldered though.

Cheers for the comments on the AES collection guys, it'll be interesting to see how easily it all sells soon.

EddyA

n00b
:) !

Nice CMVS !!! Love it :) SO perfect!
By the way, nice guitar ;) Playing a little bit?

++ EddyA.