My AES collection.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Pics removed, doesn't seem any point in me having photos here of a collection that's currently being split up and sold. :(

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
great collection!

good to see someone else who alos enjoys collecting PC Engine stuff :)

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Congrats on your Neo collection, and especially on all the PC Engines and the arcade stick!
The pics remind me that I have to get one myself to play the only PCE game in my collection (Gunhed).

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Sweet collection mate! What happened to the cab?

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Unfortunately it started to do my back in sitting at the cab to play Steven, so I sold it on. That's when I went out and bought an AES again. To be honest I wish I hadn't sold it, I didn't need the money and it was a beautiful thing. I don't think there's any chance i'll ever find another like it in the UK.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
You have a nice and clean collection there dude. Scenes like that make me want to eventually invest in getting a tiny bit into AES/boxing up my MVS titles in shocks to have in a nice archival sort of look.

Keep on collecting!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Nice and clean collection. Really like that.
As for the xrgb: you should try a slg3000 scanline generator, if your monitor supports vga.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yep, cool collection. I feel like trenog - rather small quality collections I can relate to with a clean/brilliant look like yours make me think about shockboxing my MVS carts, too. But I guess in the end I'll always go for buying more games and cardboard boxes...

Really cool PCE stick btw. almost looks like it came from the OEM to me.

As for the xrgb: you should try a slg3000 scanline generator, if your monitor supports vga.
second that, definitely worth it and way nicer than the scanlines the xrgb can generate by itself...

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Thanks guys. I hadn't thought of using the slg3000 with it, but it could be a good idea. You're right that the XRGB-2 doesn't produce them perfectly. I mean it's decent, but still a little off. My PC-Engine running through it:

Last edited:

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Over the years i've had several AES collections, and i've been playing on the system since the early nineties. This is my current one, and probably the largest i've ever had. There are a couple of conversions in there, Pulstar and obviously Iron Clad isn't an original. There are very few titles I still really want to get, but they're all VERY pricey.

DSCF5761.jpg

I'll be moving house soon and have my NEO set up in my other place running through an XRGB-2 in to an HP monitor, gives an amazing picture considering it's not a CRT. (Though this pic doesn't really demonstrate that)

DSCF5758.jpg

Been reading this forum for god knows how many years, but joined last year to buy a game I was after, it's never dull..............

:D

Bordersdown? :D Very clean and nice collection dude!

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Love both collections, especially the PC Engine stuff. I think I'll have to purchase the CD-Rom eventually.

The stick looks mint too. Can we have some more info on how/when you made this please :)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
It started out as a Wii Tatsunoko Vs Capcom stick. Basically I stripped it out so that I could use the shell, pad hacked an old rough PC-Engine controller and fitted new Sanwa parts. Had to smooth out all the old excess holes with some filler from the additional buttons and the little control panel it had, then covered it with some white carbon fibre style adhesive sheet. The start and select buttons on the rear of the stick retain their functionality, and on top the four buttons are the I, II, select run. Still need to find some nice stickers to mark them up though. The PC-Engine adhesive sticker I picked up from ebay.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ahhh the best collection, all Neo and PCE *cheers*
Looks like you sort your hueys like me too, by spine and company.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Sweet sweet collection, have to stop looking in this section as I'm getting jealous as f**k!! ;(

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I especially like the PCE stuff. I have the same interface unit with the CD rom and the core unit. I think it's awesome. I'm going to have it modified for better video output.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sweet collection! I have that same HP monitor. Got it to play dreamcast vert shmups originally. And yes, the image quality is great. Very bright colors.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I would've expected the NEO kit to get more attention on here than the PC-Engine, not the other way round! I suppose to be fair, on a single system dedicated forum, you can only say "nice real bout!" or something similar so many times! For my money though (which it has been a decent amount of.......), they're the two coolest systems ever made.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Awesome collection! That was a nice looking cab too.