3 count bout help

bg1188

n00b
I cant for the life of me perform any wrestler's special moves. I saw that it's :forw: :A: (tap repeatedly). I do that and nothing happens. Is there some kind of rhythm to it that I'm not doing?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
This is one of the most frustrating games ever made. I gave up on it years ago. This doesn't help you much but at least know you are not alone.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've played my copy once... ONCE... I just go and play Tecmo World Wrestling on NES. Why didn't Tecmo make one for the NEO?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Super strict button timing.

Game is rad, especially for puroresu fans; it's too bad the controls aren't more lenient.

Spend a week w/ it, and nothing else= you'll acclimate to its nuances.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've played my copy once... ONCE... I just go and play Tecmo World Wrestling on NES. Why didn't Tecmo make one for the NEO?

This is the same for me. I've played my copy once. I couldn't even get into it vs. a friend. Additionally, Tecmo World Wrestling does rock. I played the hell out of it growing up. I'm going to have to track down another copy.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think King of the Monsters is a better neo wrestling game. XD

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The move you describe is rapid kick or punch dependent upon who you are using.If it's Terry Rogers, he'll do the rapid palm punch.That move is going to allow you to weaken your opponent somewhat so that you are able to grapple and successfully pull off a move.
I don't have a copy of the game on hand at the moment but if I did,I could take you through some of the moves...
In the meantime ,work your way to one of the corners so that you are able to climb the rope and dive on your opponent as that's another way to weaken your opponent so that you have a chance to win a grappling encounter.
BB

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
BB is right on; it's akin to a real fight (and how old school pro wrestling psychology works).

You have to wear down opponent w/ normal strikes, to set up for successful grapples.

This game is worth the learning curve.

Love the big sprites, the homages to 'rasslers like Great Muta...and the street fights!

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
I bought this game brand new off eBay in a bundle, played it once, put it back on the shelf and there it sits to this day. It's an odd ball title for sure.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah, the copy I bought was minty, too. Previous owners obviously didn't play it much.

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
Yeah, the copy I bought was minty, too. Previous owners obviously didn't play it much.

Mine was NOS, sealed with Neo Geo sticker, worked out to be about $28 a game shipped, got them years ago when a company bought out a Video Game Liquidator and they were selling a STACK of Neo Geo Early titles, all U.S. titles and Brand new, for about $28 each.

1017082031.jpg

I got all these titles, brand spanking new, for like $280 shipped, easily the greatest week of my life.

Last edited:

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I actually really like the game and also player through it in the past. Poor sticks...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I should get a hold of the MVS cartridge again and offer some breakdown. Once you get the hang of it,it's pretty simple.That doesn't stop the CPU from being ***CHEAP***.As you progress further in the game,you have to get creative because the CPU will go for the quick pin. The only level you can't really toy with your opponent on has the electricity surging throughout the ropes.
Another gripe I have is the fact that SNK re-used character sprites to bolster(?) the roster..I mean to add just enough opponents to make it a game.This was a game I was looking forward the most prior to it's release and it was a GIMONGOUS(gigantic/humongous) letdown. With that being stated I'd still take 3 count bout over the 1st KOM.
The two grappling titles I prefer overall are Aggressors of Dark Kombat and KOM2 which happen to be two of my favorites from the entire library.
BB

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well i always liked 3 count bout. I agree the graple systems is not the best and later its almost imossible to hit the button that fast you need to do specials.
hitting the oppoment to weak him works the at the beginning later you dont even stand a chance.
However you can manage to beat this game with only 1 credit. The key is using the ropes and do drops on the oppoment.
But still this game suffers from the bad grapple system a lot.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Well i always liked 3 count bout. I agree the graple systems is not the best and later its almost imossible to hit the button that fast you need to do specials.
hitting the oppoment to weak him works the at the beginning later you dont even stand a chance.
However you can manage to beat this game with only 1 credit. The key is using the ropes and do drops on the oppoment.
But still this game suffers from the bad grapple system a lot.

This

Back in the day when this game was rotated into the cab around the corner from my house. I used to go play after school every day (ahhh the 90's). Anyway you can tap away on later opponents enough to start performing moves on them. Just takes sometime and can be a pain. By the time they were ready to rotate it out I was beating the game in a quarter or two tops.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This game can be pretty annoying at times with the difficulty in pulling off moves but it was my first MVS cart so it has a special place to me. Playing with the Unibios and some cheats on really helps as it lets you get some training in and accustomed to the controls without getting the crap kicked out of you.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
haha i just put this back in my cab today even b4 i read this. it always kicks my ass but i like the game even with the flaws and im gunna beaty it one day....

ajflutie

n00b
I cant for the life of me perform any wrestler's special moves. I saw that it's :forw: :A: (tap repeatedly). I do that and nothing happens. Is there some kind of rhythm to it that I'm not doing?

Anyone ever figure this out? I am trying to be Red Dragon and fire the green mist (MUTA MIST). And CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME.

I love the games concept, but CPU is unreal. Im sure I am like everyone else and cannot beat the level 3 rookie championship. I am 0 for 1000 on grapples in that match. Fun vs. other people. But can anyone muta mist?

The%20Red%20Dragon.png