Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just received a 4 slot and I´m wondering what this is:

4slot.jpg

mv4ft2.jpg

hardmvs lists an mv4f and mv4t but not an mv4ft2

I´m comparing it to this: http://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=MV4
and in that page it does not say ft2 in mv4 motherboard, that says just mv4

Anything I should know about this board before I try to plug it in a jamma cabinet with mvs to jamma adapter?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually with every version some advancements were made. MV4FT2 should run at a low amperage and have more custom chips than the previous ones or more SMD components but that 74AS04 says other wise.

Can you snap pics of the boards?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´ll take more pics, have to find a screwdriver to take it apart :) just a moment

marvelus10

n00b
One thing I noticed with yours compared to the wiki, hard MVS and my 4 slot is the position of your controller ports, volume level adjuster, just to name a few.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You should take a look at that battery and see if there is any corrosion, and if so, strip it off of there ASAP.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
good point. The thing with that battery is that I just realized I had set the board to japan mode but today when I booted the board... it was back to europe mode.

So the battery isnt holding much charge anyways. Might as well have it removed. I will get the high scores saved on memory card soon enough...

I just recently bought one of these ft2 models off eBay as not working. When it arrive I found some pretty bad corrosion around the battery. Removed it. Scrubbed with vinegar, then a water baking soda mix then put the hose to it and thoroughly rinsed it off. Made an extensive map of all trace lines around the battery and ended up finding 4 broken traces. Jumped them with new 30awg and finally got to plug the board in for a test. Was surprised to see it fully boot up and run last blade. This was my 1st experience with the MVS and fixing one too. I will try to re-draw my map and post it up here to help anyone with similar issues. Lol. Now I just have to build a cab to put it in.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
@bluesilvergun: that would be nice. Please refrain from bumping old threads if possible though ;)