WTF happened?

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Congrats, you see my join date poking through. I've never admitted to being anything but a noob. Don't believe me? Look at my previous posts. I'll Wait.

The difference between you and me, beyond join date and post count is I know exactly where I stand here, and Didn't join because of a piece of shit nostalgia cash grab. Have fun playing with the big boys, because chances are you won't be an active member in 6 months.

I've been lurking at this site for more than a year now. I tried (successively) to sign up for months. Only recently did I activate an email account that allowed me to join. The NGX is not the reason I joined. I also own an AES and originally started lurking to get information on MVS units.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Look on the bright side. At least that hacking thread is back and stickied.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
TurboRotary13b said:
I absolutely do know the difference between a patent and a copyright but that is irreverent in the context of the argument I was making.

really?

TurboRotary13b said:
Anyway to play backups on the NGX there is no modifications at all required to the system's hardware or firmware and therefor no violation of copyright.

If that's the case what does hardware modification have to do with copyright?

It's a rhetorical question, btw.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I've been lurking at this site for more than a year now. I tried (successively) to sign up for months. Only recently did I activate an email account that allowed me to join. The NGX is not the reason I joined. I also own an AES and originally started lurking to get information on MVS units.

lurking time does not count.

but i am digging the noob on noob action in this thread.

ScreenShot2013-01-27at120551AM_zpsaa6a8be7.png

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
lurking time does not count.

but i am digging the noob on noob action in this thread.

ScreenShot2013-01-27at120551AM_zpsaa6a8be7.png

Oh I know lurk time doesn't count. I like Lemony Vengeance even though he thinks the AES is stupid and waste of money. He at least greeted me in my intro thread.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
He at least greeted me in my intro thread.

i probably would have done the same if you had posted in the 'introduce yourself' thread we already had, rather than making yet another unnecessary intro thread.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
i probably would have done the same if you had posted in the 'introduce yourself' thread we already had, rather than making yet another unnecessary intro thread.

Thats what noobs do! I actually thought I was posting in the right place. I accidentally clicked the browser back (which took me back to the general thread) right before I made the post. I realized right after but couldn't delete the post.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Thats what noobs do! I actually thought I was posting in the right place. I accidentally clicked the browser back (which took me back to the general thread) right before I made the post. I realized right after but couldn't delete the post.

noob.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
This site is cluttered with arguments where whoever thinks they are right (even when 100% wrong) are right no matter what lol

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This site is cluttered with arguments where whoever thinks they are right (even when 100% wrong) are right no matter what lol

I know I am right in saying that some people in this thread owe me a pulstar cart.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Shut the fuck up, noob. :)

Oh I know lurk time doesn't count. I like Lemony Vengeance even though he thinks the AES is stupid and waste of money. He at least greeted me in my intro thread.

He probably tried to convert you to mormonism.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
So much bitching for
Something that was never yours
Emulation noobs

Looks like some of topics have returned. I'm no mod, but i feel this thread isn't needed anymore. Moral of the story, no linking or selling roms and don't be a douche. End topic please. :p

aria

Former Moderator
Looks like some of topics have returned. I'm no mod, but i feel this thread isn't needed anymore. Moral of the story, no linking or selling roms and don't be a douche. End topic please. :p

We'll keep it just in case people get confused, but yeah... the rest of those rules are spot on. Piss off Xandersabi and all hell will break loose.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I recognize the issue with the hundreds that have flocked here after the engadget/hackaday exposure with less than honorable intentions. But there are a few of us that are in it for the challenge of reverse engineering this thing.

Why? I never got this hacking/jailbreaking thing, and I'm not talking about legal issues here.

Reverse engineering is for pussies, do something worthwhile and create new stuff for a change.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Why? I never got this hacking/jailbreaking thing, and I'm not talking about legal issues here.

Reverse engineering is for pussies, do something worthwhile and create new stuff for a change.

Thanks for that enlightening turd of consciousness.

I create plenty. And I reverse engineer because I enjoy it. Since you obviously don't have the mental capacity to understand what us "pussies" are doing, I can see where the apprehension comes from though. There's some scary stuff going on happening under them bright little screens these days. I mean, how do they get all those little people in to my handset anyhow?

Run along now, I think the rest of your flock is over there waiting for the next iPhone update.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
To be honest, I think its good if people can modify systems to make the screen resolution better or if they want the buttons configurated in a certain way, but doing it just to illegally play free games shouldnt be promoted.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I know what you guys are doing and I even appreciate it on a pure technical level. You do the same thing that I did in the 80s when I "reverse engineered" copy protections of 8bit games on various home computers and kept on telling people that I was in for the challenge but of course that's a load of bullshit because it always was and still is about being able to do/play stuff for free. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I played the cracker-monkey for thousands of pale-faced nerds who wanted to get da latest 0-day wareZ, you know, the leeches who could buy ten games a week with their allowance but rather spend it on silly clothes and Justin Bieber haircuts and download the games they want to play for phreeee.

And this is where I have difficulties following you guys. I mean, what's the point in cracking yet another handheld or whatever system is new at the moment just to play rotten old roms on it? And please don't give me that intelligent dude trying to learn new things crap, that was a lie in 1984 and still is in 2013.

aria

Former Moderator

Thanks for that enlightening turd of consciousness.

I create plenty. And I reverse engineer because I enjoy it. Since you obviously don't have the mental capacity to understand what us "pussies" are doing, I can see where the apprehension comes from though. There's some scary stuff going on happening under them bright little screens these days. I mean, how do they get all those little people in to my handset anyhow?

Run along now, I think the rest of your flock is over there waiting for the next iPhone update.

Oh snap, are we all throwing down?

I've got a good one:

I'll reverse engineer your face after I'm done dismantling it! :mad: