WTF happened?

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I go away for a few hours and this whole forum has collapsed! What the hell happened while I was at work?

my guess would be someone posted some roms or something and it was the final straw that broke the camel's back. that is just a guess though, since this is now the "rom whore" section.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rest assured that if the thread had anything of value in it, someone would have mirrored it.

Wow, just woke up and the whole thread got nuked lol. Good thing i got the SD card link when i had the chance. :p In all seriousness thou, i understand why it was done; however, i just hope Tommo will still continue to support the NGX. :\

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i just hope Tommo will still continue to support the NGX. :\

How could they though, seriously? They have been exposed as being very naughty. I would be very surprised if they don´t find themselves in court very soon.

Last edited:

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
The problem is not members posting roms per se, (addmitiddly this has happened) but moderators not knowing how to moderate. A Draconian, heavy handed approach isnt good moderation and I rarely see this sort of behaviour from mods on the numerous other forums I frequent. To be clear I am not pro the posting of roms, but the moderators need to do a better job imo, rather than wholesale deleation.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Why would the moderators have to spend so much time trying to understand what the heck it is that the hackers are doing with this particular handheld emulator?

If in doubt, better to delete than risk legal troubles with this whole forum. It´s a case of do we really need that shit here? There are many hacker friendlier forums such as Assemblergames and such.

Also, there are something along the lines of 10 better handheld emulators. If this one happens to have somehow gained SNK license, that only proves how badly SNK handles their intellectual property. It should not mean this device should be endorsed by this community or that it is interesting or worth so much time wasting to mods on this forum.

Why bother really, it´s a dead end.

Burn it.

Last edited:

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
As far as I understand it, hacking wasn't the problem, just the posting of roms, in which case deleation of the offending posts and banning of the offending members is enough don't you think? Tbh I don't care that much, just I don't think this was the best solution.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Better safe than romwhorry. Suppose theres a thread with mixed legal hacking and illegal rom posting and over 9000 pages growing by 10 pages every day. Eventually it would become too much trouble to keep parsing through it to make sure there´s nothing too naughty in there

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The problem was people selling SD cards with ROMs on them via pm. Its a case of a few bad apples spoiled the bunch. Don't hate on moderaters...they know more about NG then anyone who made this half assed POS.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The problem is not members posting roms per se, (addmitiddly this has happened) but moderators not knowing how to moderate. A Draconian, heavy handed approach isnt good moderation and I rarely see this sort of behaviour from mods on the numerous other forums I frequent. To be clear I am not pro the posting of roms, but the moderators need to do a better job imo, rather than wholesale deleation.

Hello....

We have a LOT of Mods on this site... ALL have different personalities....

I would suggest you learn how each reacts to a situation before commenting on the sites moderation....

It just happened the lads managed to piss off the wrong guy... it happens...

As for me... I'm going to relax today... and watch some FOTN manga.... i'd suggest just playing ball... decision has been made and I'm of the mind to keep it like that....

Any disgruntled members are welcome to contact me... (Be polite tho... I don't get much time off work... and tend to get surly...)

xROTx

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
i just hope Tommo will still continue to support the NGX. :\

How could they though, seriously? They have been exposed as being very naughty. I would be very surprised if they don´t find themselves in court very soon.

whats Mendel saying here? tommo wasn't even allowed to make the neo x or what?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Yeah sure they can make their device as long as they also code their own emulator or legally license an existing one.

They are using Finalburn Alpha to emulate neo geo x in violation of the license terms:

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba_license.php

So what is their strategy? Are they betting Team FB Alpha has no resources to litigate?

Last edited:

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Hello....

We have a LOT of Mods on this site... ALL have different personalities....

I would suggest you learn how each reacts to a situation before commenting on the sites moderation....

It just happened the lads managed to piss off the wrong guy... it happens...

As for me... I'm going to relax today... and watch some FOTN manga.... i'd suggest just playing ball... decision has been made and I'm of the mind to keep it like that....

Any disgruntled members are welcome to contact me... (Be polite tho... I don't get much time off work... and tend to get surly...)

xROTx

Hello, In retrospect, I have made a sweeping generalisation^ I should have indeed said some moderators rather than all.. Point taken.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Are you fucking kidding me? Nuking a thread that represented HOURS of legitimate, collaborative work cause some fucking pukes rubbed someone wrong? I hope that thread is just de-listed somewhere and not straight up gone.

Punish the individual and delete the offending posts, don't punish the entire community.

blakeb811

Banned
I agree. Some of us are legit neo fans, own plenty of legal neo games and were using this thread to actually learn something.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Are you fucking kidding me? Nuking a thread that represented HOURS of legitimate, collaborative work cause some fucking pukes rubbed someone wrong? I hope that thread is just de-listed somewhere and not straight up gone.

Punish the individual and delete the offending posts, don't punish the entire community.
that thread was attracting way too many gypsies, we're better off.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I would have nuked this entire NGX forum. It's pretty clear all most of you want is an easy way to play free roms.

Last edited:

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
I would have nuked this entire NGX forum. It's pretty clear all most of you want is an easy way to play roms.

Really, thats not the impression I get? I see a people liking the system and then others coming in to flame.... I'm not sure what happened but I don't think nuking an entire section is the right option. We all know the rules, and those that broke them seemed to have been dealt with and the mods have deleted the offending content.
Well done to the Mods IMHO, keep it clean.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I agree. Some of us are legit neo fans, own plenty of legal neo games and were using this thread to actually learn something.

stick around and learn something else. If all you want are lessons on how to be a faggot, then leave.