Greetings new members

PMA

n00b
Afternoon all, as I'm shortly to become the owner of an X I thought it a good idea to join the forum. This seemed as good a thread as any to pipe up in :)

Anyway, thanks for having me and I hope to be able to contribute something as time goes by.

Pip pip!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Thank you Lee, nice tits btw.
lol BTW there are more haters of the X than there are likers on these forums, I think its ok though, a nice bit of fun and if the issues are sorted out it could be better.

Last edited:

PMA

n00b
lol BTW there are more haters of the X than there are likers on these forums, I like it though.

Yeah, I kinda got that feeling... Still, as a lowly SNES/Megadrive/PC Engine owner wh could never quite get to the AES in those days, this seemed like a good way to go. Plus, I got mine for £100 so I'm well happy. At least I will be when it turns up! I'm not expecting a life-changing experience or anything - I just love the idea of using THAT pad to play THOSE games :)

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Welcome to the show! Hope you are enjoying your NeoGeo X (Or will when it arrives), and Lee is exactly right.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
As a proud non-owner I welcome you to the wonderful world of Neo Geo emulation. Enjoy!

PMA

n00b
I should add that I no longer own the aforementioned classic consoles - just a PS2 and a DS atm. I was looking to get another US SNES, but they're tricky to find without yellowing. Still waiting for the X. Hopefully it'll be here today!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I should add that I no longer own the aforementioned classic consoles - just a PS2 and a DS atm. I was looking to get another US SNES, but they're tricky to find without yellowing. Still waiting for the X. Hopefully it'll be here today!

I'm curious as to what the yellowing does to the system functionally? I've never heard a SNES that was yellowed that didn't work properly.

PMA

n00b
It does nothing to functionality, it just looks shite. And it would irritate me constantly.

Lee Gray

My mate had a boxed dreamcast that he had never played in years and decided to finally sell it last year and opened it to take pictures and somehow it had turned yellow inside the box, he was fuming.

PMA

n00b
Must be some chemical reaction, weird. Just got back from a wedding and had a UPS card through the door. Ill have to wait til Monday for the ngx now!

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
It does nothing to functionality, it just looks shite. And it would irritate me constantly.

When playing snes games, just throw a towel over the console then. Out of sight out of mind.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Or just buy one of the clone SNES systems.

PMA

n00b
My NGX has arrived. I'm still at work. I shall have a fiddle with it tonight, and probably have a little feel of my genitals as well. Hurrah!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Awesome! I hope you have fun with it! Also, while it's listed elsewhere on the boards, I'll save you a search when you come to it. When playing Samurai Shodown 2, if you want red blood instead of green, go to options, change to japan, and exit. Then go back into options, set back to USA, Exit, start game and enjoy.

Last edited:

PMA

n00b
Awesome! I hope you have fun with it! Also, while it's listed elsewhere on the boards, I'll save you a search when you come to it. When playing Samurai Shodown 2, if you want red blood instead of green, go to options, change to japan, and exit. Then go back into options, set back to USA, Exit, start game and enjoy.

Cheers buddy! Yep, already got that little cheat logged away in my brain :) Shame you have to do anything for a bit of gore really. Damn OTT censorship of the 90's...

Lee Gray

I do it the other way and go into options and hit ABCD on exit for some slice em up action.

PMA

n00b
I gather there's still no way around the Metal Slug 'white blood' farce?