Greetings new members

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some of you may have noticed that there are no longer threads open for the sharing of information on how to hack and bypass what you or may not regard highly at all as copyright law.

Those of you who are here to find ways to sell roms are going to be banned. And don't bother to fight the ban. We already got one guy facing multiple criminal charges in NZ for that, and unless one of you can hack the neo geo x to implement motion controls and an online scoreboard, then you're not as smart as that poor kiwi.

So that's your warning. Either change the reason you're here, or set up shop elsewhere.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This Romwhore you speak of. How much?

daranus

Banned
I think you should delete this entire section then. A highly censored version sucks. This is a section for a mobile gaming device running an emulator. If you are not allowed to talk about altering that emulator, improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now (that's the most funny part of all. Normally people would just complain about how bad tommo sucks and stuff but In here, people gathered to Not just complain but changing the Situation by themselves. And now their whole work got deleted.) It sucks. But that's just me and my opinion I guess.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think you should delete this entire section then. A highly censored version sucks. This is a section for a mobile gaming device running an emulator. If you are not allowed to talk about altering that emulator, improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now (that's the most funny part of all. Normally people would just complain about how bad tommo sucks and stuff but In here, people gathered to Not just complain but changing the Situation by themselves. And now their whole work got deleted.) It sucks. But that's just me and my opinion I guess.

Modifying the video output on consoles is different from teaching people how to modify the cards to load up roms that they can sell in the marketplace.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now
Wouldn´t that be worth its own thread? I suppose this can be done without including omgr0mz while doing it?

daranus

Banned
There were no Rom references in the hacking thread and if someone went into that direction he has been beaten up by the rest. And that was totally fine IMO.

But I don't really see the problem discussing methods. Many of you own neogeo games and so you are privileged to own and use roms of these games whenever you feel like it. Nothing illegal involved.

I think the main problem is that this device just does not fit into this forum of hardcore neogeo veterans (and you can clearly see that by looking what many long time users post in here). Instead of being happy about a new fuzz about such an old system they alienate ngx buyers into citizens second class..or lets say third class.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
You don´t have to be a veteran to realize there´s something very wrong and cheaply, hastily done about this device.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There were no Rom references in the hacking thread and if someone went into that direction he has been beaten up by the rest. And that was totally fine IMO.

But I don't really see the problem discussing methods. Many of you own neogeo games and so you are privileged to own and use roms of these games whenever you feel like it. Nothing illegal involved.

I think the main problem is that this device just does not fit into this forum of hardcore neogeo veterans (and you can clearly see that by looking what many long time users post in here). Instead of being happy about a new fuzz about such an old system they alienate ngx buyers into citizens second class..or lets say third class.

That's like a crack dealer saying he feels like a second class citizen because the cops don't let him sell crack openly.
You are more than welcome to enjoy the games and talk about them, and learn about the system and its history.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Can you at least drop the 'romwhore island' part for those that still want to use this sub forum please?

EDIT: thanks :)

Last edited:

daranus

Banned
Fact is, the ngx is a way to Support the neogeo brand and snk. What you guys in here Do, like selling old Hardware to each other does Not help snk in any way. Everyone who bought the ngx did help. And now these guys shall be alienated as Rom shores who don't give a shit?...that's pathetic..and wrong as you just read.

We actually support this company today and I think that's awesome. I am no crack dealer and will never be. Most of us aren't. But because of some black sheep's everyone shall get treated this way now?..one should stay reasonable there.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK....

HERE's the deal lads... I will talk it thru with the lads... and I will see if they will re-instate the threads.... (if possible..)...

Stop bitchin... and let me talk it thru with them first...

YOU ARE ALL DISTURBING MY DRINKING TIME!

xROTx

blakeb811

Banned
Can we at least get the tutorial back if nothing else? The last time I checked it that thread didn't seem corrupted although a lot seems to change quickly around here.

daranus

Banned
OK OK....

HERE's the deal lads... I will talk it thru with the lads... and I will see if they will re-instate the threads.... (if possible..)...

Stop bitchin... and let me talk it thru with them first...

YOU ARE ALL DISTURBING MY DRINKING TIME!

xROTx

Ty. (I won't mind the bitching thing only because you're drunk!)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Still unbelievable that the whole "if you own it legally, roms are legal" argument still persists, despite being entirely incorrect.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Still unbelievable that the whole "if you own it legally, roms are legal" argument still persists, despite being entirely incorrect.

Most if not all of those people that say that don't own anything. Hell, their couch is most likely a rom.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante

Right! so true. I also just acquired one of those tasty Aecht rauchbiers Kudos for that avatar!

jrronimo

n00b
It's a shame that it came down to this, but I'm glad that the main forum and research thread still exist. People looking for a free way to get games don't have any place here. People trying to fix their video output or attach different game controllers or that sort of thing, though, that's what it's all about. :)

Hopefully everyone takes a deep breath, realizes what they're doing on these forums, and we can get back to fun explorations of the hardware.

...and hopefully they stop interrupting Rot's drinking time. That feels like a very, very bad thing to do.