Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings new members

Greetings new members

Some of you may have noticed that there are no longer threads open for the sharing of information on how to hack and bypass what you or may not regard highly at all as copyright law.

Those of you who are here to find ways to sell roms are going to be banned. And don't bother to fight the ban. We already got one guy facing multiple criminal charges in NZ for that, and unless one of you can hack the neo geo x to implement motion controls and an online scoreboard, then you're not as smart as that poor kiwi.

So that's your warning. Either change the reason you're here, or set up shop elsewhere.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Neo Bubble Buster

Does this one not count?

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by xan_NEOGEO_fan View Post
    Does this one not count?
    Good point...

I go to sleep... and fun and games ensue....

xROTx

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

This Romwhore you speak of. How much?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Banned

I think you should delete this entire section then. A highly censored version sucks. This is a section for a mobile gaming device running an emulator. If you are not allowed to talk about altering that emulator, improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now (that's the most funny part of all. Normally people would just complain about how bad tommo sucks and stuff but In here, people gathered to Not just complain but changing the Situation by themselves. And now their whole work got deleted.) It sucks. But that's just me and my opinion I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daranus View Post
    I think you should delete this entire section then. A highly censored version sucks. This is a section for a mobile gaming device running an emulator. If you are not allowed to talk about altering that emulator, improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now (that's the most funny part of all. Normally people would just complain about how bad tommo sucks and stuff but In here, people gathered to Not just complain but changing the Situation by themselves. And now their whole work got deleted.) It sucks. But that's just me and my opinion I guess.
    Modifying the video output on consoles is different from teaching people how to modify the cards to load up roms that they can sell in the marketplace.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Ukyo's Doctor

Improving picture quality for example as Tommo does a horrible job upto now
    Wouldn´t that be worth its own thread? I suppose this can be done without including omgr0mz while doing it?

Banned

There were no Rom references in the hacking thread and if someone went into that direction he has been beaten up by the rest. And that was totally fine IMO.

But I don't really see the problem discussing methods. Many of you own neogeo games and so you are privileged to own and use roms of these games whenever you feel like it. Nothing illegal involved.

I think the main problem is that this device just does not fit into this forum of hardcore neogeo veterans (and you can clearly see that by looking what many long time users post in here). Instead of being happy about a new fuzz about such an old system they alienate ngx buyers into citizens second class..or lets say third class.

Ukyo's Doctor

You don´t have to be a veteran to realize there´s something very wrong and cheaply, hastily done about this device.

There were no Rom references in the hacking thread and if someone went into that direction he has been beaten up by the rest. And that was totally fine IMO.

But I don't really see the problem discussing methods. Many of you own neogeo games and so you are privileged to own and use roms of these games whenever you feel like it. Nothing illegal involved.

I think the main problem is that this device just does not fit into this forum of hardcore neogeo veterans (and you can clearly see that by looking what many long time users post in here). Instead of being happy about a new fuzz about such an old system they alienate ngx buyers into citizens second class..or lets say third class.
    That's like a crack dealer saying he feels like a second class citizen because the cops don't let him sell crack openly.
    You are more than welcome to enjoy the games and talk about them, and learn about the system and its history.

Rugal's Thug

Can you at least drop the 'romwhore island' part for those that still want to use this sub forum please?

EDIT: thanks
    Last edited by Superdanx; 01-26-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Banned

Fact is, the ngx is a way to Support the neogeo brand and snk. What you guys in here Do, like selling old Hardware to each other does Not help snk in any way. Everyone who bought the ngx did help. And now these guys shall be alienated as Rom shores who don't give a shit?...that's pathetic..and wrong as you just read.

We actually support this company today and I think that's awesome. I am no crack dealer and will never be. Most of us aren't. But because of some black sheep's everyone shall get treated this way now?..one should stay reasonable there.

Calvin & Hobbes

OK OK....

HERE's the deal lads... I will talk it thru with the lads... and I will see if they will re-instate the threads.... (if possible..)...

Stop bitchin... and let me talk it thru with them first...

YOU ARE ALL DISTURBING MY DRINKING TIME!

xROTx

Banned

Can we at least get the tutorial back if nothing else? The last time I checked it that thread didn't seem corrupted although a lot seems to change quickly around here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    OK OK....

HERE's the deal lads... I will talk it thru with the lads... and I will see if they will re-instate the threads.... (if possible..)...

Stop bitchin... and let me talk it thru with them first...

YOU ARE ALL DISTURBING MY DRINKING TIME!

xROTx
    Ty. (I won't mind the bitching thing only because you're drunk!)

In search of monsters to destroy

Still unbelievable that the whole "if you own it legally, roms are legal" argument still persists, despite being entirely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Still unbelievable that the whole "if you own it legally, roms are legal" argument still persists, despite being entirely incorrect.
    Most if not all of those people that say that don't own anything. Hell, their couch is most likely a rom.

Whip's Subordinate

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Right! so true. I also just acquired one of those tasty Aecht rauchbiers Kudos for that avatar!

Crossed Swords Squire

Ugh.. If you want to learn about the legality just read up on it..

www.romlegality.net
    Last edited by TurboRotary13b; 01-26-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRotary13b View Post
    Ugh.. If you want to learn about the legality just read up on it..

www.romlegality.net
    That right there is comedy in its purist form...only way it would have been better is if I had been Rick rolled.
    Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck, you know?

Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 209061
    Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 055682
    Neo-Geo CDZ JP SN# 0027880
    Neo-Geo CD JP SN# 0026713
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# 0318462
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# ?
    Neo-Geo MVS-4-25 US SN# 015132
    (with a MV-6F inside SN# ?)

Total number of games across my 89 systems = 1384

Wii Code 3982 3571 7539 3886
    SSBB 0645 5489 2105
    MK 0731 6002 4392

Galaga High Score: 418,110pts. (stage 45)

Quote Originally Posted by crujones4life View Post
    That right there is comedy in its purist form...only way it would have been better is if I had been Rick rolled.
    here is the real deal on the legal grey area that are romz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

Crossed Swords Squire

I would never do that to someone.. Some people would though it seems.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Thank you, cdamm!
    Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck, you know?

Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 209061
    Neo-Geo AES JP SN# 055682
    Neo-Geo CDZ JP SN# 0027880
    Neo-Geo CD JP SN# 0026713
    Neo-Geo Pocket Color US SN# 0318462
    Neo-Geo MVS-4-25 US SN# 015132
    (with a MV-6F inside SN# ?)

Total number of games across my 89 systems = 1384

Wii Code 3982 3571 7539 3886
    SSBB 0645 5489 2105
    MK 0731 6002 4392

Galaga High Score: 418,110pts. (stage 45)

Thank you, cdamm!
    you are very welcome, pal. just doing my job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

New Challenger

It's a shame that it came down to this, but I'm glad that the main forum and research thread still exist. People looking for a free way to get games don't have any place here. People trying to fix their video output or attach different game controllers or that sort of thing, though, that's what it's all about.

Hopefully everyone takes a deep breath, realizes what they're doing on these forums, and we can get back to fun explorations of the hardware.

...and hopefully they stop interrupting Rot's drinking time. That feels like a very, very bad thing to do.

Thread Information