Old Account - "New" Member

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I haven't been here in quite a long time. I was going to do the consolized MVS thing, but I ended up selling everything instead as I never could find someone to help me consolize my 2 slot.

Now I have another, and I have a friend doing the consolization mod.

I just got this:

mvsbi.jpg

...along with a Neo Geo CD controller (sorry, not a big fan of arcade sticks), and a 161 in 1 cart. I'm currently looking for an enclosure that this will fit in, preferably one made of ABS as I have experience working with ABS. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
485 views and not a single "hi" lol. Ah well... off to making the build thread. Hope to see more people there.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Haha, Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Check out my thread in the tech section now, haha.

Mike26

McWow,
sup dude, welcome to neo-geo.com forums. We are known to be fucking crazy lunatics here, but (al)most all of us are good people just brought together by a common love of 16bit gold and black.

Nice to see you start with a 2slot. I would suggest scotch-brite the shzit out of that metal sheild cover, and prime with some rustoleum, hit it with a few coats of candy red, grab yourself an MVS/NEO GEO decal off feebay or the like, and cut a nice piece of lexan bought at home depot to use as a base. make sure you elevate the system off the lexan with rubber stoppers, so that no static discharge will make contact with any components, if anything you want it to touch the metal shielding instead.

Anyways good luck with the build and pm me a link to the log, i'd love to read it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Dayyyytoooonaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you have a metal cover already, you might just consider consolizing it without an enclosure. Sand and paint/powdercoat the cover, mount it on a plexiglass base, but the AV jacks on the back or side of the metal cover.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Welcome back, as Mike said, buff the metal cover and use as is, I like them consolised two slots :-)

Rauhwelt

n00b
Hello everyone. Long time gamer here and a Neo-Geo admirer. Always loved the console but never actually owned one. Planning on picking up a CMVS, finally.

Rauhwelt

n00b
Aaaand I totally read the title as someting else. Sorry about that, should really get some sleep.
Hello everyone. Long time gamer here and a Neo-Geo admirer. Always loved the console but never actually owned one. Planning on picking up a CMVS, finally.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was thinking, recently, that Plasti Dip might really be nice on the metal enclosures of the MVS multi-slots. It would give it a nice rubber-coated finish that would probably do less cart damage over time as well ;)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Powdercoat that badboy.

Hit up a local autobody shop, find out what day they do red.

Couldn't see it costing too much, for such a tiny bit o' metal.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.