Chivalry: Medieval Combat

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I haven't played this in a few weeks but if I can pull myself away from path of exile I'll look for you on steam.

Looks like we'll have a bunch of peasants taking up arms with this free weekend coming up. fresh meat ;)

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
just gettin on the free weekend. crazy awesome game i can;t believe they made this

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I've played for about 4 hours now. I went ahead and bought it. I've been playing nothing but Skyrim for the last month, it's nice to get in some medieval multiplayer.

Ghandi

4" Chinaman Slave, ,
I thought it was a little weird.... i'll stick to mount & blade :vik:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd play this but my win pc sucks. If it supports Mac (doesn't look like it) then I can play it on my mini.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This game is less than 7 bucks right now on the Steam Summer SAle...I've heard it's fun so I'm picking it up...

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Awesome. I'll be on for some duels. I love Chivalry. This and CS:GO are the only online FPSing I'll play these days. I need to get more into Natural Selection 2.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Awesome. I'll be on for some duels. I love Chivalry. This and CS:GO are the only online FPSing I'll play these days. I need to get more into Natural Selection 2.

Speaking of Natural Selection 2, I just bought that about an hour ago on the steam sale, so I'd be up for some games of that as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So.....how does the combat in this game compare to something like Dark Souls?

cannonball

15 Year Member
So.....how does the combat in this game compare to something like Dark Souls?

I guess it's similar in some ways as far as controlling space from your enemy, but you have a lot more control over where you strike your enemy in chivalry so a lot of combat revolves around watching the tip of your enemies weapon and blocking in the right direction.

You can also feint your attacks which is used a lot in combat to get your enemy to commit to a defensive move.

Combos can be intentionally whiffed on the first hit to quickly surprise your enemy will a follow up that normally would take a lot longer. This is especially effective with slower weapons.

This of course all varies on which class you're playing. The combat is pretty deep, and with the added element of friendly fire, you need to be thoughtful of every swing (especially horizontal swipes when you're standing next to an ally).

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Awesome. As soon as I move back to my place (I'm at the in laws right now) I'm gonna get back on this game. The duel mode is a LOT of fun. It reminds me a bit of Bushido Blade back in the day.

Chivalry is awesome!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´ve finally gotten into this game and I have to say it´s crazy fun. We played this a bit on our recent booze lan and then we played some more... and some more... hours swept by too damn fast! barrels of fun and laughter with the ridiculous gore and people doing their battlecries until their head falls off, and then the limbs... followed by some teabagging

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
I started playing this game with my Thursday night gaming crew and it's a blast.
I'm a huge Spartacus series fan and this really gives that gladiator pit fight vibe - I just love smashing heads in w/a 2handed mace FTW lol