"nothing to worry about" Official Responce from Tommo on production coming to an end?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
"nothing to worry about" Official Responce from Tommo on production coming to an end?

Noticed a post from Shane Hills on the Neo Geo X facebook linking to this article: http://kotaku.com/5978233/report-neogeo-xs-production-is-coming-to-an-end

Shane asks in his post "Is this only for the Limited Edition? Are you still planning on releasing the standalone unit, additional game cards, etc?"

Directly underneath there's a reply from the Neo Geo X page owner (Tommo); "We will have an official response shortly - there's nothing to worry about."

Mmmmm wish they'd speed up and tell us something!!!!

bg1188

n00b
Wow im surprised they actually responded. They never respond to the countless other questions.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
"We will have an official response shortly - there's nothing to worry about."

LOL! These Tommo guys are too much. SNK must be rolling their eyes at all this shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought it was the gold unit that was not going to be sold, and that was clear.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
ngx_info_minister.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^Lol!

I might actually miss the NGX in a couple of months when this is all over with.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
For all you collectors out there I would grab a NGX quick as all this misinformation and rumours are very very troubling.

It could be an endangered species soon.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Will new NeoGeo-X production runs fix the various problems of the current unit?

And even if they do, I still can't get past the design flaws. Poor quality 16:9 LCD... for NeoGeo games? Doesn't make sense. And from what I've seen, the emulation is poor and needs lots of work. That's why I'm getting the GCW Zero instead. The only thing I really like about the NeoGeo-X is the thumbstick, and by all accounts it's very noisy and prone to failure, so meh.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
promises and more promises but i still i cant see games on sd card. when they talk about the titles? WHEN????

jrronimo

n00b
Here's a better source: GameStop has a listing for "NEOGEO X Handheld" for $130: clicky. So, as the "Golds" are limited, it makes perfect sense to continue production of the handheld by itself, which is what Tommo's said.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Too bad they 're still keeping a tight lid on which games they plan to release in SD card format.

Zeek

n00b
i always came into this under the assumption that the 'gold' edition was limited. Then Tommo would release a new line for general consumption at a later date.

Keeping all my stuff in the box except for the handheld :D

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So if they only will be making the handhelds, do those come with the base? Or can it recharge using some other method?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you have to lug around the dock to charge, it wouldn't be very portable.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Seems they hadn't thought of that when they released the 'Gold' or whatever package.

So in the end, the real reason for the Gold set is that the dock has HDMI out. I take it the portable system doesn't have an HDMI out on it?