NGX stick: Big steamer

Neo x

War Room Troll
How do they justify charging 50 sheets for the stick. It feels like it cost 6 pebbles to make. I could make one of better quality with my ballbag

Neo x

War Room Troll
The only easy way I could think of would be a Neo Geo to PS2 adapter plugged into a PS2 to USB adapter, however I highly doubt this would work since most USB controllers won't work with it. I was looking into making one however I can't afford the time for something that I'd only want as a proof of concept item. I don't think it would be that hard though, there is a guy on here that sells the extension cords, who can get you cables with just one end and most of the rest you can likely get from electronic stores like MCM or maybe even Radio Shack. You could always sacrifice a stick to make an adapter if you don't want to look up how to build your own board but that's not as fun.

In reply to comments 19-20, 22-23: I completely disassembled one and posted my findings in post 16. I outlined what I believe to be the source of the issue and different ways to fix it. I still maintain that for 50 US Dollars this is not a bad stick by any means. To all of those who complain I would like to know which $50 or close sticks they are comparing them to or what exactly they find so unacceptable. Better yet I wonder what type of parts they consider proper (different regions prefer different parts). Are they comparing new sticks to broken in ones, or the parts inside or just think because it feels light that it unusable? I have a feeling most people who complain haven't taken one apart to see what micro switches are even used or even know much about who that company is in the industry.

I guess I'm not going to defend any controller less than $200 as it's usually just a starting point, however blind hatred style complaints over a functional replica stick with some good switches, PC and PS3 compatibility at $50 seem like the opinion of someone who really isn't into arcade sticks.

If you are buying this stick for competitions then you likely wouldn't be happy with this, the PS3 Neo Geo 2, nor the original AES. For competitions, stick to customs or the known brands.

Sweet post. I think I just wanted the moon on a stick and for the money I payed for the whole system it's not that bad. I do begrudge spending 50 on something that 'feels' like it's worth 8 notes. I haven't got any friends to justify the 50 quid so I'm talking shit.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Don't know if it's really of any interest to anyone or has already been mentioned, but I can confirm that the shells for these sticks are exactly the same as the original moulds as i've just swapped all the internals out of an original AES one in to an X shell. Every single fixing point for the stick and buttons are in exactly the same positions, handy if you've got a shabby old stick you want to spruce up for your AES. Yeah, the plastic's thinner, but i'm sure you can live with it.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Probably already answered, but is there a way to use og neo stick on ngx with some sort of adapter?

I dont own a NGX but i did some project with a guy named Ralphael Assenat some years ago.
On a side note you can still see it because the device is named BRD-USBGame12.

He has knowlege in programming and microcontrollers, so i asked him if he can build me a USB Adapter for Neo-Geo Sticks.
He didnt got any Controller so i did test out and supply him the pinouts of the old school and CD ones.
He came out with this:
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/usb_game12/index_en.php

The PCB is very tiny and soldering for two spots is not easy. Everything else is a piece of cake.

He also has now a better PCB for Arcade controllers: http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/usb_game16/index_en.php

I can say the one i got work very well on PC and Linux. Drivers are not needed and supplyed within the microcontroller. It will show up als HID. It works with all Neo Geo controllers.

I made me a black connection box for different Controllers. Used a USB Hub and put on Neo-Geo, Gamecube/N64 and PSX. They all work simultaneously ( exept the N64 Gamecube because they use the same controller PCB and i didnt want to buy two of em if one can do the same ).

I bet it would also work on the NGX but i cant test it.

Last edited:

aaluis

n00b
I wired my NGX stick to use a db15 cord. it works okay, but it's over-all trash. I'm highly disappointed.

How did you wired the NGX stick to use a db15 cord? I am wondering how to do that to my NGX stick.

Thanks in advance.