Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed. (Release 31st january 2013 for pc!)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I think this game deserves its own thread for its multiplayer mayhem.

Has been available for a while for consoles.

It´s getting released on pc 31st of January.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

I just pre-purchased this on steam for 22 euros, I´d say they priced it perfectly. I would not have paid 50 euros from this but I have heard so much good that for a bit lower price I rather buy it than download it illegally.

I like Mario Kart games and I´ve heard that this game is similar and unlike some clones this isn´t actually that bad. Certainly I expect this to be as good a karting game as it can get on pc (outside of maybe emulating actual Mario Kart games.)

If other people get this for pc, let me know your steam alias. I am "mendel" on Steam.

Will probably play with the Team Fortress 2 kart :multi_co:

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
It's better than MarioKart 'X' and exceeds any such description which apparently deems it as 'isn't actually that bad'.

Enjoy...

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Might pick this especially as it hasn't held its price very long.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I forgot to put it to download...

Well, surely enough, I´m going to download it now and try it out.

Anyone else got the pc version?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Full HD with Anti Aliasing works great with this game :)

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
PC version looks AMAZING! It runs at full HD and at a full 60 fps. I can't imagine playing this on underpowered consoles. I was considering getting it on 360. PC version has spoilt me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I forgot to put it to download...

Well, surely enough, I´m going to download it now and try it out.

Anyone else got the pc version?

I got it on PC. Very good game, much better than the last Mario Kart I've played.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
got 101% completion!

101percent.png

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I cant say I've tried the pc version.. (will be soon on a friends) but I have the PS3 version and it is... A FRIGGING JERKY MESS!! Framerate is at around 30 at the BEST of times with dropping down to something silly like 15 or so when too much is happening on-screen or on water.. UNPLAYABLE!!

Has anyone else tried it on a console??

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
That sounds too good to be true.. I need to see this in action! :p

Edit: Friend of mine says his is running at 120 fps.. it that legit?

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I cant say I've tried the pc version.. (will be soon on a friends) but I have the PS3 version and it is... A FRIGGING JERKY MESS!! Framerate is at around 30 at the BEST of times with dropping down to something silly like 15 or so when too much is happening on-screen or on water.. UNPLAYABLE!!

Has anyone else tried it on a console??
Yep.

I completed it on a console. I played through the game on Easy, Medium and Hard (even though I knew this wasn't necessary, I enjoyed learning the tracks/gaining experience) before 'retiring' at that whole SEGA mirrored track business. Can't be doing with mirrored courses etc.

Anyway, never had the problems you speak of and I'm pretty sensitive to horrible framerates. Granted, it runs in 30fps, but I have no problem with that. 60fps is preferable, but wtf, it didn't at all hinder what was a very enjoyable experience for me.

Should probably go back and do the Very Hard (or Platinum was it?) courses at some point, but when games become torturous, I tend to put them down *gently* as opposed to into a wall or something. I won't ever touch that SEGA Cup though ;)

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Yep.

I completed it on a console. I played through the game on Easy, Medium and Hard (even though I knew this wasn't necessary, I enjoyed learning the tracks/gaining experience) before 'retiring' at that whole SEGA mirrored track business. Can't be doing with mirrored courses etc.

Anyway, never had the problems you speak of and I'm pretty sensitive to horrible framerates. Granted, it runs in 30fps, but I have no problem with that. 60fps is preferable, but wtf, it didn't at all hinder what was a very enjoyable experience for me.

Should probably go back and do the Very Hard (or Platinum was it?) courses at some point, but when games become torturous, I tend to put them down *gently* as opposed to into a wall or something. I won't ever touch that SEGA Cup though ;)

Hmm.. you didnt notice any framedrops?? What about no the Samba De Amigo stage ( i think it was..) on the water parts just before the drop/waterfall.. the game goes INSANELY slow there ESPECIALLY if you get hit by fireworks and there are other racers passing you.. maybe mt ps3 is fooked? its the first gen one.

The framerate seems to be alot smoother in later stages (like sky sanctuary) so I dont know.. but unless its my own console at fault, there is DEFINITELY an issue, how can you not see it.. when I compared all this to the 60fps smooth Mario Kart wii.. it was painfully obvious!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´ll have to check my framerates of the pc version. It does feel very fluid though to say the least and there are no framerate drops. Only nag I have is that sometimes it takes like ten-twenty seconds to return from a race to main menu

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I´ll have to check my framerates of the pc version. It does feel very fluid though to say the least and there are no framerate drops. Only nag I have is that sometimes it takes like ten-twenty seconds to return from a race to main menu

The PC version sounds fine..:) its the console version that I'm having issues with ps3 in particular.

snk`

Kula's Candy
The game is fun, I haven't faced any frame rate issues as long I have my vsync set off.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I finally picked up the PS3 version of the game after playing the 3DS one to death. Still love the game and always willing to play anybody psn id: DeadJello

snk`

Kula's Candy
I finally picked up the PS3 version of the game after playing the 3DS one to death. Still love the game and always willing to play anybody psn id: DeadJello

I tried both ports.

The moment you try the PC port, trust me.. The difference is huge. It's great you can stick to the PS3 version, unlike me.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I tried both ports.

The moment you try the PC port, trust me.. The difference is huge. It's great you can stick to the PS3 version, unlike me.

I don't do any PC gaming at all so the PS3 version is my go to for the game now. Get's surprisingly hard later on when you are going for all the stars in higher difficulties.