8man flies to Vegas to Authenticate his English KOF 2000 AES

8man

Administrator

8man edition of English KOF 2000 AES is Authenticated!!

With all the counterfeiting of rare Neo Geo AES games that have been popping up on eBay, I decided to authenticate my English KOF 2000 AES (only 100 were made).

I know my game is 100% authentic, but I also wanted to guarantee future collectors that my game is the real deal. Recently, to stop counterfeiting, Dion and Chris, at NGF-USA, started an authentication program for the English KOF 2000 AES game. Every part of the game is personally inspected, authenticated, and numbered by Dion.

I contacted Dion, and he assured me that it was perfectly safe to FedEx my game to him for authentication. But, this was my chance to meet Dion, and to see what’s up with all those rumors. So, I bought a plane ticket, boarded a flight to Vegas, and was on my way.

The next day, I met Dion in person, where we spent 6+ hours talking Neo Geo!!
Like me (1991), Dion has been there from the beginning, and when someone else has your same passion, time flies!! We could have easily talked for a few more hours. I could go on and on with what we talked about, but all I can say, Dion is a true Neo Geo Fan!! He’s not scamming anyone with his authentication program. His authentication program is completely FREE, and he’s doing it to stop the counterfeiting of the game. Plus, you get to number and name your special edition!!

Chris wasn’t able to make it (he doesn’t live in Vegas), but he called us during the meeting to congratulate me on authenticating my game, and for securing my number (his lucky number) and my special named edition.

At the meeting, Dion showed me original SNK printed flyers of KOF 2000, both in English and Japanese. They looked awesome!! And, when I compared them side-by-side, you can see why the English and Japanese AES inserts of KOF 2000 are different. The SNK English flyer is printed on thicker paper, and is slightly larger (~1/8”) than the SNK Japanese flyer. This is exactly how the AES inserts are printed!! And what’s up with the squared-off corners on the cart sticker? Don’t worry, SNK printed other AES cart stickers the same way!!

And with all the rumors floating around, the artwork for English KOF 2000 AES was printed in Japan. Dion even showed me original SNK invoices (they looked really old) from when NGF-USA purchased the games.

During our meeting, Dion personally inspected and authenticated my English KOF 2000 AES. And as I knew, It was the real deal!!

• Insert: On the back of the insert, a Holographic numbered sticker is applied,
    and then stamped with NGF-USA.
  • Manual: Holographic numbered sticker is applied to the back cover of the manual.
  • Cart: Holographic numbered sticker is applied to the side of the cart.
  • Certificate of Authenticity: Signed by Dion and Chris. A holographic numbered sticker is placed on the front. “8man” edition is signed in red on the front and back of the Certificate, and on the back it is then stamped with NGF-USA.
My English KOF 2000 AES is now number 8/100,
and forever known as the “8man” edition.

Condition of game = Amazing!!

8man

Attachments

• CardBack.jpg
    CardBack.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 584
  • KOFParts.jpg
    KOFParts.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 587
  • KOF2000.jpg
    KOF2000.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 589

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Awesome, enjoy your bootleg.

Also nothing worse than a rich boy boasting about how rich he is.

Last edited:

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
Amazing amount of work and detail that goes into collecting. Such passion for this system.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Let's say that Dion inspected the game and realized it was not made by NGF - would there be ways to rectify this?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i like how "historic" is quoted for us already.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I really understand all the hype that goes into AES collecting. 30k carts, plane tickets, drama.. I'll pick up MVS carts and save myself a shit ton of cash, thank you very much.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
To the war room with ya!

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I really understand all the hype that goes into AES collecting. 30k carts, plane tickets, drama.. I'll pick up MVS carts and save myself a shit ton of cash, thank you very much.

It's ok to own AES games and not head into 30k territory if you like.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
It's ok to own AES games and not head into 30k territory if you like.

Exactly, I've always wondered why in every home cart related thread there must be atleast one post like the one you quoted.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
That certificate of authenticity looks cool

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Well it's a good job number 8 was still avaialble... what would you have done if it wasn't...?

So I assume the 'Historic' cart is yours too... what number did you give that one...?

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Outstanding! A true collector's collector! Love reading about things like this! Congratulations!

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
I cannot for the life of me spend that much on carts, I just can't I wish I could. I did however just purchase a JAP JOF 94 for $30, decent shape some label damage, still good deal?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So will 8man's word on Dion ever change NG.com's opinion of him?

Probably not.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Should have used that original NGF shredder and then get it VGA rated !

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Interesting stuff, thanks for taking the time to post it

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Sounds like you had a great time!

I'm not sure about the authentication process. Like you I know my copy is 100% authentic but I'm not sure I want a load of stickers placed on it.

It would be interesting meeting dion and chris though.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
First Shawn and now 8man.

I'm not sure what to think about NGF anymore.