Neo SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key

Whitesnake

n00b
Any opinions or reviews on this latest model?

Information on it seems scarce and probably with good reason however I'm still a little curious about it.

I know neoflash have probably burned up all good will at this point but I'd like to know if they have addressed the scaling issue at the very least.

xardion

n00b
I have one and the 10 games i have tried all work great , what games had the scaling issue?
From what i have seen about the older black version adapter this version seems to be totally re-engineered , for example you can update the bios in the unit with a usb-cable and update the cores with a flash tool.

Whitesnake

n00b
Samurai Showdown, Art Of Fighting and Super Sidekicks to name a few.

The sprites will distort and look scrappy.

xardion

n00b
Do you know if any of these games had the scaling issue , samurai shodown 2 , world heroes , fatal fury , metal slug 1 2 3 4 , big tournament golf , shock troopers 2?
Thats the games i have and can try right now.
Imho this seems to be the best adapter out there , the region setting feature and cheats menu makes it well worth the money.

Xorlevrai

n00b
Hi Xardion,

In your liste, Samurai Shodown 2 had the scaling problem with the black version of the converter. When the game was zoomed out, the graphics were very pixelized. May you please post here if the problem is still there with this new converter? Many thanks

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have a few of these converters for sale. Its already been confirmed the scaling is fixed in this converter.

Xorlevrai

n00b
Hi Razoola,

Nice to hear that., thank your for your answer. Do you have a link for the official info about those scalling problems being resolved?

How much are you selling those Magic key converters? On IC2005.com they're seling it for 239 USD, including worldwide shipping. That means around 185 euros. Are you selling it at a cheaper price?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi Razoola,

Nice to hear that., thank your for your answer. Do you have a link for the official info about those scalling problems being resolved?

How much are you selling those Magic key converters? On IC2005.com they're seling it for 239 USD, including worldwide shipping. That means around 185 euros. Are you selling it at a cheaper price?

I'm selling some at http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?240964, users report scaling fixed. I'm not sure the IC2005 includes free shipping, that may be an error in the webpage, I'm not sure. drop me a PM, maybe we can work something out.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Razoola, I'm curious after seeing those screenshots. Did they use some Universe Bios code in there or is the UI just very similar?

Edit: Nevermind. I read your sale thread and it's covered there.

Last edited:

Ataru

n00b
Nice converter ! And it's a good thing the neo team and Razoola came to an arrangement so don't hesitate if you're looking for a good converter. Moreover the update is easy to do.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
The Daedalus Converter is the newest one out on the Neo Store and it says it is confirmed that the Daedalus does NOT work with MVS cart of Gunlord. Does this Magic Key work with Gunlord or is this a glorified Daedalus Converter with a built in Unibios? Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on these converters since I got my Pranslation converters working with all my games using David G's upgrade kits. :P What makes this a better converter than the Daedalus, or a fixed Pranslation (or even the fixed Double Space or Phantom's). lol There is beginning to be way to many converters on the market. :D

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
This one allows you to change AES region and has unibios chests in it.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its been confirmed by the makers that an original Metal slug X will work with this converter on an AES using a 9v power supply.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
The Daedalus Converter is the newest one out on the Neo Store and it says it is confirmed that the Daedalus does NOT work with MVS cart of Gunlord. Does this Magic Key work with Gunlord or is this a glorified Daedalus Converter with a built in Unibios? Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on these converters since I got my Pranslation converters working with all my games using David G's upgrade kits. :P What makes this a better converter than the Daedalus, or a fixed Pranslation (or even the fixed Double Space or Phantom's). lol There is beginning to be way to many converters on the market. :D

That info in the store is based on information I provided to Shawn.

I have the Super MVS Converter II which does not work with Gunlord, which looks for backup RAM which the AES does not have. To be more accurate, its really that Gunlord doesn't work with the AES, and nothing to do with the converters.

If you look through some of my old posts you can see the problems I had when I bought Gunloard MVS only to find out it wouldn't work with that converter.

I wound up getting in touch with DavidG to see if he could update my Phantom II with his board which was thought to make that converter work with all games. David thought updating my Super MVS Converter II with the same add on might allow it to work with Gunlord as well, so I sent both my converters and Gunlord off to him in Canada to work on.

David figured out that Gunlord was looking for the backup RAM (which he didn't know before hand) and that no converter, modified or not, not even the Daedalus, would be able to get around this.

I went back and forth with Timm from NEO: GEO.DEV team and David to see if we could figure out why this was happening, what could be done about it etc. but in the end I just decided to go with an Omega machine.

This way I wouldn't have any issues with Gunlord or any future MVS releases.

I still like my Super MVS converter for a lot of my games, and if I was buying one today I would get the latest model that Razoola is selling. His Universe BIOS changes everything when it comes to playing Neo games.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm thinking that these games use the backup RAM in order to store a predetermined softdip settings that the user cannot change, so that credit feeding or giving yourself 99 lives would not be possible.

ElPepe

n00b
Its been confirmed by the makers that an original Metal slug X will work with this converter on an AES using a 9v power supply.

Yes, it does. I can confirm this. Metal Slug X works on a 9v AES. Also the 161 in 1. Great! received the converter today from Raz, thnx! Super product!

metalslugX.jpg

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There should be another small update coming for the converter soon. It does not add anything major but does make forcing the region a little more user friendly if you used those patches (you can change region still after if you wish via OSD).

Raz

xardion

n00b
After i updated my converter to the latest bios the region select screen flashes past way to fast to be able to choose anything , is there any way to fix this?