Shawn Carr aka "Boog" has passed :( [UPDATE: photos from service, Post 136]

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I was hoping when I caught just half the headline that he had passed some exam or something.

Very sad news indeed. May he rest in peace.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Found out yesterday on Facebook through Mikhail. Rest in peace, Shawn.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This is very sad news. I never got the chance to talk with him in chat but remember his posts and those insane sig pics. Rest in peace boog

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Very sad news. Such a nice, sweet guy. Rest in peace.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I worked on a corporate documentary about the condition Shawn had for a pharma company, so I knew the soul crushing details about the disease. So it always amazed me that he lived so long. The life expectancy is about 25. The fact that he lived another ten years on top of that... You have to wonder if that's a result of his positive attitude. RIP.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I had no clue given his personality so to read this is news just like,wow... I would bet it was his + personality that led to the additional time he had here.
My condolences to his family.
BB

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
I enjoyed reading his posts for years, never knew his condition only noticing positivity in his posts. R.I.P. Shawn...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What a bummer :( Every time I saw a post from him it was always positive, rest easy buddy.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Terrible news,
Repose en paix Boog.
You will be missed,you was a wonderful man loved by everyone in this forum.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Take care Shawn, glad I got to have some conversations with you. Really wish I had the ability to keep a positive attitude like you did regardless of the hardships. RIP

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think most of the people who have stuck it out on n-g.com have mellowed, but this isn't a forum of nice guys, and it sure wasn't a forum of nice guys back in 2004 when Boog registered. My reaction to his first posts was that this was fresh meat along the lines of a goingmerry or a Jonathan. But his hilarious posts and relentless sweetness won me over almost instantly. Pretty soon we were communicating outside the forums. Kim and I sent him a package including (memory getting foggy here) a football jersey and he sent back a package with Puyo Puyo Fever for the gamecube. I'm happy to have had him as a friend.

From the thread I linked earlier:

:) Don't worry i am 26. :cool:

I don't always watch stuff like that.

I play Video games, read books, & collect stuff.

Since i am disabled, i don't have much to do & i breath on a machine to stay
alive because i got really sick and almost didn't make it.

I am lucky to be alive because they checked my heart and said it was very strong.

So i guess i was lucky because i didn't want to miss out, i wouldn't be able to
see the 2nd Resident Evil movie. So i a going to see it on Saturday with my older brother,
mother, my mom's boyfriend & my brothers little girl who is five & she likes scary movies. I am buying five Tickets. Because i am treating them to the movie. :D

I can eat food and also i could talk just like everyone else.

I will try to stay alive i hope for a very long time.

I wish i had a girlfriend. Oh well that's life. :tickled:

Take care everyone. :cool:

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I made the mistake of reading this thread while I was at work. I couldn't finish it. Too sad. :(

Shawn and I made a few trades a few years ago. I've always enjoyed his posts.

R.I.P.

Mrandersonjr

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Wow, seems like just yesterday I was talking to him on AIM about Pc-Engine games.

R.I.P Shawn, you will be missed.

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I remember seeing his many posts when I joined this board back in 05, they were always upbeat and positive. That is a rare thing on any message board/forum.
R.I.P.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
It's very sad to see someone with such a grim situation have a positive outlook on life. But God blessed this world with
someone like him in it. RIP to Shawn and I hope his family has the strength for there loss.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Shitty news.

And to think, I use to think at points he was faking his illness.

Was always an upbeat dude.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Poor little dude. Last few posts he made here were all happy posts. Like how he was happy about his birthday, and the santa hat thread. :(

Never met him in person but we would pm back and forth to shoot the breeze. You just made my heart drop in grief. I looked up his final posts and the Santa hat post is his last. But after looking at his smiling avatar with the Santa hat on its like he's telling me to not be sad just smile like he always made me do because that is how he wants to be remembered.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think most of the people who have stuck it out on n-g.com have mellowed, but this isn't a forum of nice guys, and it sure wasn't a forum of nice guys back in 2004 when Boog registered. My reaction to his first posts was that this was fresh meat along the lines of a goingmerry or a Jonathan. But his hilarious posts and relentless sweetness won me over almost instantly. Pretty soon we were communicating outside the forums. Kim and I sent him a package including (memory getting foggy here) a football jersey and he sent back a package with Puyo Puyo Fever for the gamecube. I'm happy to have had him as a friend.

From the thread I linked earlier:

thanks for that, i think that post captures his personality nicely

i can remember reading that post back in the day ...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I don't know what to say in posts like this. When I first joined the site it was a few months after Jigen passed away, then we just had Tony and now Boog that I used to remember reading some of his posts. I guess all I can say is I wish his friends and family the best. I know what their going through, because this Saturday will mark one year ago that I lost my mom. So rest in peace and I wish his friends and family well.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Very sad indeed. He was always a nice guy and passionate about his games.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
He will be missed by me more than some here will ever know. He and I chatted regularly via PMs on Facebook, and he openly posted on my page, always upbeat and positive THROUGH his condition. I will miss our chats about classic anime and video games in general. I literally lost it while at work when I saw the post on the NGC Facebook Page. I knew that he had lived longer than what the odds had stated, but I guess deep down I thought he might beat the odds completely. I'm moved that Mikhail Kiselgof is going to attend Shawn Carr's funeral and represent those of us who knew and were associates and friends with him from here, and letting his family know he was loved.

I normally don't get mushy here. But I'm not ashamed.

I pray he's in a better place, living like a boss. Games on free play and LIFE being reloaded.

Rest In Peace my friend... till we meet again.

Michael Keoma Minter